ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

~Snow Again~


Well that is how it was most of the day, at that time when I looked
outside it was almost a total white out, you cant see much down
the road on that photo..and it got worse after that.. Right now the
roads are clear but its still Snow flurrying.. but we got at least by
the looks of it..4 or 5 inches of that white stuff.. Penny had forgot
a bag of my groceries yesterday that were in her van and she
dropped them by, she had mistakenly taken her boyfriends keys
and had to take them to him at lunch so decided to drop the bag
off..It was only dry cat food, but also my AA batteries for my mouse
and camera..and when my mouse ones get low, I have to change
them right away or it takes forever to come back and work right
someimes..so I like to keep a supply and if I use the flash too much
on my camera the batteries drain really fast..
Penny gave me the nicest card and she gave me one of those red
laser things for the cats to play with.. Dutch already knows the sound
of it..Its like the flashlight..that cat can be in another room and hear
the sound of that flashlight click on and he comes running..ready to
chase the light.. I have played with these two so much now my hand
is sore from holding that little button down.. :-) She gave it to me
yesterday so when she came to day she was standing by the door
to leave and both of the boys were on the other desk of course to say
bye, they do that saying hi too, I was telling her how Dutch knows the
sound of that laser already and I picked it up..he heard it and here came
full run, skidding across my desk flat on his butt and right off the
other side he was so excited.. We laughed so hard.. but she saw
how much he likes it.. LB does too but hes not one to get up and
chase it around he will wait till I bring it to him and he only has to
reach out to slap it.. hes pitiful.. a real Garfield..

I always talk about the huge trucks and how busy that street is out
there and while I was taking the snow photos that truck pulled out
from across the street..Its one of the bigger ones.. Look down the
street you cant see very far.. I was being really nosey and I dug out
my binoculars yesterday just to really see how far down I could see,
I was surprised I could see the light way down there on the highway.
I even saw a cop down there giving a ticket.. I know I see police cars
all the time here going up and down or on this side street... Its a
busy part of town.. You can see how butchered those poor trees are
now.. Looking down that street you are looking west..and that's where
the wind mainly comes from and hits this side of the house.. Ive been
keeping the blinds closed on all the windows..its helped.. I noticed
this morning, when I rolled out of my bedroom past the front door,
how drafty the cold hit me so fast it startled me and I realized just how
much that Blanket I had put there the night before and had forgotten
to last night, how much it must have really helped... So I am going to
make sure I put the blanket back up on the door again like last year.
I called Chris and asked him if Kenny could come and fix that stripping
he put on last year that's fallen off and he was home sick in bed the
past 4 days with this awful flu that's going around here.. But he said
he would tell Kenny ..and he would call back..and as of this post , hes
not called yet..

Other than that its been a quiet day, and the only one that came by is
the new lunch guy..I don't know his name but hes very nice, older man,
white hair which doesn't mean anything..but hes replacing Chris, they
put her on a different route..why they move these people around I have
no idea I still don't get lunch delivered before 1:30 or so..No matter
where I live from the COA..im still last delivered and the center is no
more than 2 maybe 3 blocks down the street..when I was at the apt.
I was across the street and still got mine last..Its just a matter of who
they want to have the cold food.. They deliver the farther away ones
first..then make the rounds in town..they have their system.. each of
the drivers have their own routes.. I quit trying to figure out their logic
in how they do stuff ..they do it ass backwards as far as Im concerned
most of the time.. and that's being NICE!

Well this NICE GORGEOUS WEEBLE is hungry the lunch they finally
delivered..late on a day like this is ok..to be expected..but what they
brought was ..well..one of the smallest chicken legs and thighs ive ever
seen..look like it was more from a Cornish hen...and so greasy..I guess
was sposed to be baked..it was awful..even Dutch wouldn't eat it..and
it came with broccoli and mashed potatoes..the broccoli now is NOT
the buds..no its the stems..and NOT cooked.. the mashed potatoes..
to me they have a tin taste..many like them.. I don't.. so all in all .. lunch
sucked.. I had Penny get some pork ribs yesterday I should have
cooked them..99 cents a pound and you should see them..they are
very meaty and look great.. be good in the crock pot with onions and
barbeque sauce.. I Bet they would be good with sauerqraut too..now,
I am REALLY hungry! I NEED food, I'm ending this and saying my
"Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, and THANKS!!! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

7 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger momar said…

    One of the people on my 2nd floor is a retired LPN. He has the worst diet I have ever seen. It caught up with him. He had a stroke that caused him some hemiplegia, but he seems better. His dog misses him and quit barking. I have agreed to walk the dog.
    I once knew a retired RN, 93, ho committed suicide on salty food. She had high blood pressure and had a massive stroke.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    Great pictures, sure glad we didn't get any snow, it went south of us...
    That winds sure make it so cold here, they say the winds are going to slow down.
    Every Tuesday night is Basketball, oh I hate getting out when it cold...well that life.
    Sound like your boys are having fun with that red laser toy. It always good to get something new to play with even for cats.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I'm a little concerned re the boys and that lazer torch. Have you checked that it is not powerful enough to damage their eyes, should you accidentally shine it that way?
    Just a thought. I'd hate to see any harm come to those little guys, even though I am not really "F" myself, prefering dogs! Oh and, of course, Gorgeous Weebles or rather, THE one and only GORGEOUS WEEBLE!!! ;o)
    Take care, Honey, L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thinking of you!
    XOXOX
    Me

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    If I take a good look at my diet, its not the greatest..not real balanced..but I eat good :-)

    Hi Mary...
    Its snowin today too..joys of winter.. hopefully today I get my door fixed !

    Hi Raife,
    Im very careful.. when I use it..
    they very seldom look to where the source is..just where they can get it..lol..

    Hi Me,
    Im glad your thinking of me !!!!

    Hope y'all have a good day..:-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Snow snow - yukk yukk. Stay warm you Sweet and Gorgeous Woman.

    Just sent you some more pix - check your gmail.

    Bare Hugs,

    Butty

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya ButtY!!!!
    Thanks for the great photos! I am enjoying my tour immensley with your great photos..that is probly the only way I will ever get there..Thanks bunches!! So Nice to hear from you...
    Always,Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker