ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

~I Made Some Calls~ :-)


I got a few things accomplished today, I made some phone calls,
one to the SS dept to find out what happened to my papers that
I sent to them that they promised to send right back.. That was
quite awhile back.. Its time I got them... They better not have lost
them.. That's why I hate when these places ask that you send stuff
in, unless you pay for registered mail..well you wont know if they
even got it.. I should have asked about sending copies.. I could
have made them.. Not that I really ever expected to need my divorce
papers..but well I kept them all this time...and I did need them but
I keep everything..that's part of my problem..
Ive seen different things that were offered at special prices and
even some for free and they struck my eye so I got them.. I was
talking to a friend of mine today and we were discussing stamps.
Over the years I have kept ones that I liked ..the color or what they
were of.. I sent away for a first issue of our postage stamp that
was of the American flag..for free too..it came in a nice presentation
envelope..and you can see the gold one.. and there was the card
that told all about it. For giving it away it was really nice, that's why
I sent for it.. That was in 1985. I will keep it and pass it along to
Donnie and then I know he will give it to Kelli.. I would imagine in a
few more years it might be valuable..well if it isnt already.. I didn't
look it up to see.. I just liked it, sent for it..and I managed to keep it.
I bought 4 of the Elvis stamps, just because I like him..Talented man.
I gave 2 of them away but I cant remember to whom.. I just liked them
and bought them too..I don't remember when they came out... Those
arent post marked..they've never been used and kept in a cellophane.
They look like brand new.. I like keeping different things.. I even have
some old marbles and some wonderful coins... I managed, with the
help of a friend to put together 2 books of the state quarters and Im
working on 2 more sets but in each of the printing sets..there is the
D set and the P set.. meaning they printed in Denver and Philadelphia.
They are almost full.. Next year the last in the set will come out..as
they do I told Donnie I would get the ones for his book too. I gave him
and Dawn a set for Christmas..they really liked that.. I think Donnie
liked the box with the sausage and cheese in it better tho :-)
I have had a killer headache all day and I have NO idea why..but I wish
it would quit.. There is an updated photo of my ugly thumb.. I just don't
know what to do with it anymore.. Sometimes it itches so bad..but when
I put any pressure on that light spot..it really hurts as its raw under there.
You can see sort of a line going up kinda from the right side, that's where
it got so dry and ickky that it cracked open when I bumped it against
the wall.. That is a lot of the problem.. I get in a hurry and I misjudge the
door and then slam my hand or get a finger..jammed and that hurts..All
my finger nails have gotten so damaged that I have cut them all back
to get them all at the same length again...That green bottle is my Icee,
from Dairy Queen..I LOVE those things..they are sticky tho :-)

Penny came today and we are all clean..and she even made 4 stuffed
peppers that are cooking out in the kitchen in the crock pot..They smell
so good.. I havent made them in..well I don't remember the last time..
Its been TOO long.. Im not inviting the boy over till I have eaten them..
Or I will get only 1 of the 4 in that pot out there..and I promised I would
save one for Penny, she made them, but by my recipe and not hers, so
she would like to try them.. I know these are good.. and can name a few
that could give a good recommendation on my recipes.. I have my
mothers and my grandmothers recipe boxes and books.. and they were
some of the best cooks in Iron County..

I am posting this..and going to lay it down for a while and see if this
headache will stop.. I do feel better though.. I still get very tired if I do
too much , but Im better..cant keep a GORGEOUS WEEBLE down..
and I HAVE to be better by sunday..y'all better NOT forget THAT day!
"Nitey Nite"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Love ya, and THANKS! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Nice Pictures Lois, your hand don't look good yet.
    Well the doctor said Patsy can drive now after her surgery...that will free up my time quiet a bit.But it will be very hard on her with that shoulder like it is...
    Going to bed early myself tonight, been a very long day.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    PLEASE, Honey, ask Donald to get that carpet up for you. I'm very worried about my Russian friend, as you know, and I don't want to start worrying about my Gorgeous Weeble as well!! (How selfish can a guy get??)
    Take care, Honey and take that carpet up, Pretty Please!!
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Thanks..Im glad Patsy is improving. My sis has a bad one too..never had to have surgery tho.. Get some rest Mary..relax..you stay so busy.. :-)

    Hi Raife..
    The boy is so strung out and busy..maybe someone will take pity and come and help or Rescue me.. I think my knight is so lost..:-) Naa no need to worry about me.. Concentrate your worry on your friend.. all is well here..

    Good to hear from ya!
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker