ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, January 21, 2008

~ Was Great Birthday~ :-)


Today was an Ok day, I really didn't do too much of anything..
Penny came and we are all clean..we were pretty neat over the
week end so wasn't too hard on her.. I was out of cat food and
litter for the boys and had to get that replaced.. Keep the kids
happy.. They are behaving to day Im glad to say.. But I had
Donnie move the dehumidifier out to the porch..and I moved the
little bench here by the window over where it was.. It seems warmer
in here cuz that big box was blocking the vent that is over there under
the desk..You can just see it behind LB.. that afghan there on the
bench is the one my sis made for me for Christmas.. sorry its a
tad blurry but I was holding the camera and I do have a tendency to
twitch.... but sure looks better over there .. my candles are pitiful..
I got up this morning and was rolling thru the doorway there out of
my bedroom..well one of those candles is missing.. It got knocked
out during the night.. as I rolled out of there this morning ..thank
GOD I wasn't in a drastic HURRY!.. the 6th candle was across the
doorway, I couldn't Imagine what was stopping me from rolling
out.. I tried and tried and I could NOT move forward.. so I had to
go ALL the way back to my bedside..and turn on the lamp to see
what was stopping me.. The boys..one of them 3 guesses WHO..
knocked it down and it laid across the doorway..couldn't land
in the MIDDLE of it..no..right next to the frame..well my chair
takes up the whole doorway..this is an older house. we had to
take the doors off for me to roll thru the doorways.. Well I looked
and saw the candle..turned the light off ..and had to pick that up
before I could get out of my bedroom.. I probly could have rolled
over it.. pushing really hard.. but I hate doing that with this thumb
already falling apart cuz I have to use extra push power.. So
anyways.. Penny took the candle with her to get 3 more..3 were
broken..as you see there are only 5 up there now..

I laid and watched the whole Packer game last nite..I love that team..
well Im a born Yooper and I lived in Green Bay..great town.. I got a
call from Donnie and he sang Happy Birthday to me.. was so cute..
he was watching the game too so we watched for a while then hung
up.. that's the last I remember..hearing the announcer say.."the game
NOW goes into over time..its tied 20 20" well I didn't KNOW till this
morning when a friend told me "sorry about the Packers" well they
lost..23 to 20 .. ratz.. they are a really good team..I wish they would
have.. they just gave away so much yardage yesterday by making
fouls.. that one cute guy Harris.. hes so nice.. I saw a interview.. well
that one Giants player kept harassing him.. so un sportsman like..
and too those guys were playing in BELOW zero temperatures..
Was extrememly cold for everyone.. was a good game tho..even
tho the Packers didn't win..they are still FIRST.. great team..and
Green Bay? one of the NICEST cities I have ever lived in..

I had a really nice birthday yesterday and cards are still arriving..I
even had a wonderful birthday greeting from Brazil!!! how nice is
THAT... I love knowing this is read.. just means alot..and for this
person to take the time to tell me Happy Birthday..well was VERY
sweet.. I got some lovely cards.. and some wonderful email..
and lots of instant messages left for me on Yahoo and MSN.. was
a very nice day..then to have the boy call and sing Happy Birthday
no wonder I fell instantly asleep afterwards..was a lovely happy
day.. and Y'all made it that way for me and I sincerely appreciate
it.. well THANKS .. was a very good day..One of the very
best happiest Ive had in awhile.. and I LOVED the phone calls..


Whats calling me now..well is my bed.. I need out of this chair..
my BUTT says so.. shes talking to me big time..I guess tired of
being SAT ON :-).. Time for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE words..
"Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now.. Y'hear? love ya..and thanks :)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great pictures Lois.
    So glad you had a wonderful birthday. That weather sure is getting colder and that winds are to much for me.
    I went shopping for the girls today, both are doing fine.
    School was out for Michael, so he happy to go shopping with us.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger momar said…

    I did not watch the whole game, but I watched most of it. I called my brother in Joliet, because my niece and her husband have season tix to the packers. She had to be out of town on business but her husband went to the game. He is a professor at St. Norberts. Wow - did he have to dress warmly. She was in Florida at a business conference. Keep warm

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    That's great, that you enjoyed your birthday. You are such a dear, kind lady that you deserved it!!
    One day, we will have to watch American Football together and you can tell me all about it!! It is about as intelligible to an Englishman as Cricket is to an American!!
    We shall have to have a reciprocal agreement on this!!
    Take care, Honey,
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Thanks, yes was a nice birthday, woke to a bunch of snow and cold this morning.. I havent been shopping or n a store for that matter in..hmmm over a year I think..maybe longer..

    Hi Momar,
    I love football..I dont understand alot of it..but thats not why I watch it lol.. Love those huddles :-) I loved Green Bay..one of the best towns Ive ever lived in..

    Hi Raife,
    Football is easy, just a bunch of big guys fighting over who gets to carry that pigskin they call it between 2 posts at the end of a big field.. easy :-D lol.. cricket is those little chirpie things..:-) no isnt that that game where the guys run around kicking the daylights out of each other or is that the one where they ride around on horses beating the crap out of each other with those long sticks? LOL...

    Good to hear from you ~~!!!
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker