ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, January 19, 2008

~Below Zero's~

Our forecast says for temperatures to go below freezing , as
much as 17 below with the wind chill factors.. I live right on the
corner and this whole west side of the house is totally exposed.
Even moreso now since they butchered those trees across the
street. We are said to get up to 11 inches of snow as well...
When I got up this morning it had snowed during the night, the
ground was covered and the roads were not clear at all... I am
just so glad I don't have to go out in this..I am just so spoiled...I
make everyone and everything come to me... Sometimes I do
wonder if I use that as an excuse to get my own way tho..and I
don't like that feeling...

When I ask for something or need something done.. Like I had
to call my Drs.office..I told them to send someone here to draw
blood, so I don't have to go through all the hassle of scheduling
a ride, then if the weather is bad have to cancel..and the time
it takes to go through all of it.. Not just for me but for the driver
as well.. I know that's their job..But my Dr could if she wanted
to be a bit more sympathetic and have the lab person Come
here .. The nurse, Erica, the one that likes me so well. NOT-said
that it was not possible to send someone.. I need to find out
just what the qualifications are then.. Sometimes when I call
different places and I have to say the words "Im a double
above knee amputee, in a wheel chair, can someone Come
here?" I feel sometimes..that well just go out and go there..
quit using an excuse but its really NOT an excuse....

I think not just for me..but look around the next place you have
to sit and wait..your Dr or the dentist, is there a special spot for
a wheel chair if some one came in , in one? Even the lab here
at the hospital.. IN the hospital..does NOT have a place for a
chair.. My Dr. doesn't.. Most places..notice next time.. there is
not a spot..not for a wheel chair.. When I get to a place like the
lab here, I get angry when I roll in there and there is NO space
for me.. I sit right in the very center of the room and make myself
VERY conspicuous and announce to EVERYONE..especially
the person at the window.."well..isnt this just great..a place for
everyone BUT not for someone like me..THIS isnt right" and I
look at everyone in there and laugh about it.. and just say
"I don't mind being the center of attention at all" and smile .. I
LOVE when I find places like that.. I DO call their attention to it.
Well specially a Drs office and a lab at a hospital? THEY should..

Most places SHOULD have a place, but when a chair person rolls
in they have to move chairs, tables.. people.. to be able to put that
person at a table.. You would think they would have ONE spot..I
know that the Oasis here, All they have to do is remove one chair,
and a wheelchair will fit perfectly at at least 4 or 5 tables that I saw
while I was in there..In fact I had to roll by 2 other people that were
in chairs when I was there.. That was a nice sign.. That's a very
nice place to eat..The only problem with it. for me..is the fact they
have 2 doors to get in..first one..then a sharp right turn thru another,
why they have that I guess saves on air conditioning and heat with
that extra entryway... its not too hard to maneuver tho.. Its a good
place, If you come to visit..we can go there :-) good food too :-)

I have gotten so many lovely cards in the mail I have to say that I
just feel so special..and the emails..I really appreciate them all..
Its great to get younger every year.. Well I can..I can do anything
if I try to..and I try REAL hard to be younger :-) Im gonna try to get
out to the kitchen and have some dinner, Im tired and I need to
watch some TV .. Thanks again..and "Nitey Nite" :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya.. and Thanks.. :-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Let me be the first one to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GORGEOUS WEEBLE" !!! ;o)
    I know I'm a tad early, but my card is a tad late, I guess - so this will help to make up for it.
    May the coming year bring better things for you than last year.
    Like a good wine, you are maturing well!!! LOLOL
    (That remark deserves a good kick in the butt!!)
    Anyhowway, may you have many more Happy Birthdays.
    Hope this cold weather lets up soon.
    Take care, Honey.
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from Raife

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOIS yes you are getting younger and better at everything my friend. Love coming here to visit with you everyday.
    What a blessing you have been.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOIS
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOIS just can't say that enough to you.
    God bless you even more on your special day.
    Love Mary

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    Thank you ..:-) your so sweet.. I sure hope it does. its freezing this morning..below zero..very cold.. I had to turn the heat up...I could see my breath in here LOL..

    THank you so much Mary, you are such a dear friend.. When is your birthday?

    So nice to hear from you and thanks again :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger momar said…

    I once had a patient on the blood thinner coumidin. He was on Medicaid, and the lab came 2x a week to his house to monitor his blood. If he had been on medicare he might have had to pay himself. I once had a DSW tell me that to have a medicaid card is like having a rolls royce. In Missouri, any income over $320 a month is excess income spend down. Each state, each county is different.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Yes every one is very different.. most are better than Michigan on alot of things.. This state has the most unemployed of any..if that tells you anything.. so guess how many are getting help.. I bet alot..

    Hope you are warm and dry and well ..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker