ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, August 22, 2008

~2 of My Favorites~


Two of my most favorite Aunt & Uncle's were my moms
brother and his wife, My Uncle Ernie and Aunt Gladys.
Wonderful people. Kind, caring, loving. They had 3 sons,
Dennis, Robert, and Richard. My Aunt was a beautician,
and me having such curly hair I only would let my Aunt
Gladys cut it.. She knew how to do it just right where I
always looked nice.. I was fussier back then than I am
NOW ! :-) My Uncle Ernie was a miner and worked at
one of the 3 or 4 in the area. Worked there all his life,
till he retired and they moved to Lower Michigan to be
by their oldest son...

Uncle Ernie, well, I think I was his favorite. He called me
Louise, which I really didn't like that but that's why he did
it ! To tease me.. Having 3 very energetic sons I think he liked
having a little girl around, specially one that was just as energetic
as his boys! :-) We had all gone skiing one Sunday afternoon and I
wasn't really good on skis.. I put my skis on and got all ready and
went to the top of the bunny hill.. I looked down it, but I still was
just NOT ready to go down , I knew Id probly fall and I hated
to make a spectacle of my self.. I heard a voice down at the
bottom yell to me saying "LOUISE!!! Come ON!." I saw it was my
Uncle and I just smiled and waved, looking like I really WAS
gonna try going down that hill...but I knew as soon as no one was
looking Id sneak off back to the lodge! :-)

I stood their for a few minutes more and all of a sudden I feel
2 arms around my waist and see 2 skis pull up along side mine and
the next thing you know I'm flying down that hill in front of my
Uncle.. I laughed and so did he and I bet we went up and down
that hill like that about 5 times.. We went back up to the top again
and I leaned forward to go down with my Uncle, next thing I knew
I felt his arms let go, saw his skis disappear and as I made a quick
glance backwards saw him standing there waving and laughing saying
"You can do it Louise!!!!".. and I did.. If it werent for him giving me
that little extra nudge, maybe Id still be on top that hill afraid to
try to go down it.

The reason I'm writing about my Aunt & Uncle is probly a strange
one, but I had a dream last nite. Very seldom do I remember my
dreams.. But this one, I was standing in my kitchen, I saw the door
open and my Uncle Ernie came through it all smiles and quickly
rushed up to me, and I wasn't in my chair.. I was standing.. He came
up to me, folded me in his arms, holding me tight and gave me the
biggest, warmest hug I can still feel it.. He pulled back just a bit
and said to me "Hi Louise, you can do it"... He squeezed me again,
kissed my cheek and I woke up. I can still feel the warmth of his
hug, and it makes me remember all those great hugs we all gave
each other. I don't know what this dream means. Last I had
heard my Aunt had passed on but my Uncle was still alive and
well..he was born in 1920. Hes 88. Id love to see him.. Whats sad,
is that he lives about 2 or so hours from me.. And Ive not seen
them in years...

Well I get my next net flix today so you know what I'm doing
after I post this.. Movie time ! I hate commercials when I'm
watching a show. I have got to be the worlds worst at changing
channels to avoid the commercials.. Then I forget what channel
I was watching and never make it back there :-) Dvd's are a
treat... My other treat is in the kitchen.. Yup DIBS today.. Ive
not had any all week.. and I get my angel food tomorrow so I
need to make some room in my freezer .. Well that's my story
and I'm sticking to it :-) Now my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"Nitey Nite"... :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, and THANKS!!!
Always, Lois ****
God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend"
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
until I write again .....

3 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois your Aunt and Uncle look like a wonderful couple. So wonderful to have good memories.
    It's been a good day here, got the church all clean up real good.
    Patsy and I went for a walk again tonight, Bob has been joining us.We go to the hospital and walk in the basement, it has a walking trail for anyone to use...also people walk around the outside too.
    Going out of town Saturday, for a church lady meeting. The men didn't get together to go for there...I think it was to soon for our pastor after losing his wife last month.

    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    You don't need Uncle Ernie telling you "You can do it". You have been doing it all along - making the very best you can out of your life and giving a lot of joy to others by what you write.
    Like Mary says, "God Bless you Lois"
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes, they were great people I loved them dearly.. they were very good to me.. Walking is so good for you..I guess inside is ok but I would think boring..outside you get to see more lol...

    Hiya Raife,
    Well I can say I try..I sure hope everyone likes it that reads :-) im glad you do. :-) hows them bells ringin? lol...

    Love N'Hugs,
    Always,Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker