ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, September 22, 2008

~First Day Of Autumn~

Today is considered the first day of Autumn..that summer is
offically over.. Well, it makes me think of what all I need
to do to get ready for what they are saying is going to be
a rough winter, but then too, they say that every year. I
started making a list of what I HOPE I can get done before
the snow flies.. like putting plastic on the porch and to cover
the AC if I leave it in the window, which I think would be
easier to do, they have covers and I think that would save
a lot of work. And I would like to seal up my bedroom windows
theyre so drafty I can actually feel the draft.. I think perhaps
insulated curtains would really help... Only thing about them is
the fact that theyre dark and I just don't like dark. If I
could get plastic up then I could keep my lace ones.. :-) Well
I like things to look nice but to save on the gas bill I will do
what I have to. I think just those few things will make a big
difference.. I figgure if I start NOW perhaps I can get it
done before the real cold.. Its been super hot lately.. Such
extremes no wonder I have a cold or what ever this is.. I
know the start I had this morning was rough.. Almost a jump
start you might say... sneezin, coughin and nauseated just
awful... eased up after a while..

Seems every time I get into a project like this wardrobe
and moving stuff around I just get too involved and don't
know when to quit and stop for a while.. I just like to get
things done and I hate to wait.. :-) I do too much then I
end up down for a few days till I get my energy level back
up I guess... Plus not sleeping very good sure doesn't help.
I called Laima today and left a message.. Those women are
so over loaded its a shame. She has way too many clients.
But if she can get a chair for me that sure would be great.
Then I can get rid of this bed and I would have so much
more room in there, I could put my sewing machine in there
and have more room than I do in here for it and then I
could sew.

I'm already thinking ahead to Christmas and what I plan
to make and working on my list.. There are more on it this
year which is fine with me... :-) I had Penny bring up some
of my quilt material today and sorted through it.. She is
going to take some of it home to wash, and see if the damp
smell will come out.. If not all that wonderful material may
as well go in the garbage which almost makes me sick to
even think about.. I love clothes, which makes me love
material... and I think being a seamstress we all have a
huge fetish for material.. Put me in a huge warehouse
full of material..that I could take my pick of any I wanted?
I probly wouldn't be able to choose.. Of course I would
start first with Silks.. then cottons.. I made most of my
things I sold out of cotton.. my clothes I used the silk.
And now being in this chair.. silk is the best to wear as far
as tranferring.. makes sliding so much easier, for me
anyway...

I plan to phone my sister tonite for 2 patterns I know she
has for some kids things. I'm hoping she has some made
already which usually she always keeps some made up. I
had the patterns but my sewing stuff is so scattered I
have no idea where to look and it would mean Penny going
up and down those basement steps a dozen times and
that's not really fair to her.. So a little at a time. She and
I always shared patterns and designed a lot of things while
we talked on the phone. Give us a photo and measurements
we can make it.

What I plan to make now is a path to my bed and take a
rest. I felt good till about noon but once I ate I started
to wear down.. I did get up early again, 4:30.. I just couldn't
lay, sit or anything in on that bed anymore so I had to get
up.. Now I'm ready to go back in there.. If I could get rid
of this headache I think that might help too... When I do
sneeze it seems to intensify it.. I will glad when I stay on
an even keel... my boat gets rocky every once in a while..but
I guess in a way that's good cuz it makes me appreciate
the days I do feel good.. Its that time again for my
GORGEOUS WEEBLE "nitey nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****


"God Bless You" is my prayer today.
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Same here honey! Summer is over here too!
    Ice alert-warning in car, when i drove on my three hour ride from home!
    But the warmth stay when i talk with you know who!
    Kisses
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI LOIS DEAR,
    I HOPE YOUR SNEEZES DIDN,T TURN INTO FULL BLOWN COLD OR ANYTHING ELSE NASTY. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THAT GOOD OLD FLU JAB SOON. WE HAVE OURS IN OCT OVER HERE.

    So you too are a lover of sewing? great news. because I trained as a Tailoress when I was young. Then I got to make all mu own c lothes like you, & even clothes for the kids etc. Loved it too. I never used a sewing maching though, always sewed by hand even in the tailoring business.

    Now I regeret due to arthritis in my hands I cannot hold a sewing needle long enough to sew Grrr. lol

    Hope you are soon sleeping better too hun.
    Love N Hugs. AUDREY

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob :-)
    So nice to hear from you.. I hope you are feeling better ...

    Hi Audrey,
    Ive been sewing since I was about 9 or 10.. I love it.. I like to remake things...design.. My sis is the same as me.. I have carpal tunnel..and in a chair, doesnt help...

    So nice to hear from you ! :-) Thanks..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker