ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

~I Love Brass~


Today was brass polishing day. It is NOT that easy to do.
It had been awhile since we have polished the things I have,
but I love brass. The shiney goldness I really enjoy. I have
quite a few pieces..and when they are all polished, well you
can see. I should have taken a before and after photo, then
you could really tell the difference. The egg comes apart
and I have had it for a long time.. Its one of the things that
survived my ex's packing.. probly because its brass and in
destructable.. same with the little container.. all that is in it
are 2 rocks from Upper Michigan... I got them from the
river bank of the Paint River in Amasa when we had gone to
fish of course...

When I was younger and my mother's sister, my Aunt Lillian,
or Lil as my mom called her.. Happy lady, always smiling and in
a good mood. She lived in Amasa which is just a little wide spot
in the road, but a nice little town back then.. There were even
stores there..now I don't think there are too many.. My Aunt
lived next to the river and when we went to visit if we didn't
find her at home we knew where to look, and that was down
by the bridge of course, fishing.. she loved to fish...was quite
good too.. She knew all the good places to go.. Most people
that live up there always carry 2 things, a fishing pole and a
gun... not really a gun.. but sometimes it is necessary if you
happen across a bear which is very possible...

David and I had gone to fish along the paint but in another part
of it as it goes all thru the UP... we were over by Crystal Falls.
We found a quiet spot, out of the normal fishing sites as this
was one passed down to me from my dad...only he or my Uncle
Gordon went there.. it was a good place to catch fish... We had
brought a couple chairs and a basket with some snacks in it..
Set everything up and proceeded to rig our poles and to start
to fish.. As David walked up to the edge of the river he looked
across to the other side... 3 guesses what he saw... Yup.. a bear.

He sort of whispery shouted.. "BOO! LOOK!" I glanced up just
at the same time that bear spotted me... I slowly stood up and
still facing the bear.. backed up to the car and told David to do
the same... He looked at me, then back at the bear and yelled
at it.. "GO AWAY, WE'RE FISHIN!!!!".. I cringed and was all
set to make a mad dash to get in the car when I looked at the
bear and it stood up.. GROWLED at David.. TURNED.. and slowly
walked into the woods!! ... I was shocked.. David was WHITE as
a ghost, but laughed at the look on the bears face when he
yelled at it.. I was surprised it worked.. I had thought to look up
and see that bear charging across that river, the water wasn't
that deep and bears DO know how to swim if they want some
thing bad enough ! :-)

Needless to say I sat very close to the car, and we didn't stay
but another few hours after that.. We really didn't enjoy it too
much having to steady be on guard for a bear since we knew one
was around.. He could have just stopped for a drink and moved
on but we didn't want to take any chances.. Our luck was good
so we decided not to tempt fate and just move to another place.
As big as the UP is there are TONS of places to fish :-) some
more bearable than others :-)

I am feeling quite a bit better and I sure am glad.. The sneezes
have stopped and the cough is only every so often... I still have
the headache.. but with as much as I have going on inside mine,
it should ache :-) Lunch was ickky again so I did NOT eat it..
Carla from COA called and told me about a new program that
will help us to get some fresh fruit and veggies.. That will be
great.. I am so anxious to get some zucchini.. I love it breaded
and fried. I'm for waiting my next movie and by the time I post
this it should be here and 3 guesses what I'm gonna do? yup
say my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "Nitey Nite" and go watch the
movie... :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    So glad I don't have thing to polishes it would never get done for sure.
    I have tried to send pictures of my trip to you...So far the computer don't want me to send pictures to anyone yet. Hoping in time it will let me...
    My brother in law send me lots of pictures on Ike big mess it left.
    We still not heard from Bob sister in Dayton Tex...
    It been a long day here, still so very wore out, going to bed early tonight.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    I get discouraged when I have to polish these things, but they are so beautiful and worth it to see them shine.

    Are you sending them separately Mary? If you put them all into a file..then zip it.. then attach to a email, otherwise they have to be attached each by itself.

    Its always nice to go but you have to come back home to recouperate from the holiday.. We took a 2 week one for a month it seemed by the time we got back.. one week was enough...lol... we were steady clickin our heels to go home.. I know I WAS!! :-)

    Glad your back my friend..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker