ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, December 22, 2008

~No Penny~

No Penny today. She phoned about 8:45 and said she had
a flat tire and no spare and no way to get anywhere to get
it fixed. I always carried a can of fix a flat. It works. I
had a slow leak and used that and I didn't have any more
problems. Sealed the leak.. I am surprised she had no
spare though, and that Eddie, her companion of 8 years
has not provided her with more security such as having a
spare tire or at LEAST a can or two of fix a flat. I would
be most upset about that.. I think I was more upset about
that fact than she was... Her son lives with her so I told
her to send him out to get a can for her. Hes young and a
good walk might be good for him. Hes not working but he
doesn't even have a car ! She has to come up here tomorrow
to go to the other place that she cleans just down the road,
so if she cant make it today then tomorrow will have to do.

Its not like there is really a lot to do just more putting stuff
away now that its a lot more organized in here. I am going to
get all this done and I have seriously been thinking about
making a few quilts. I miss sewing and I have MORE than
enough room now out in the kitchen.. As cold and wintry
as its been it would be something different to do besides
sit at this computer all day or watching TV. I have a few
all ready to go, just need assembled.. I have one that is just
beautiful called the bear claw, the squares are made, so
just need to be made into the top, get the batting, and a
piece of material for the back, and sew it around.. its done.
It will be really pretty when its done..

My left thumb I don't trust it at all anymore.. I kinda think
its the carpal acting up.. I made the mistake of picking up
my coffee pot this morning with my left hand, I stopped as
soon as I felt the pull and put it back.. I knew I wouldn't be
able to pour the coffee with that hand.. That thumb is just
too weak and its not stopped hurting at all... Ive been trying
to baby it and not use it as much but well just kinda need
thumbs for whatever you use your hands for..Only time I
don't use it is when I'm typin :-)

I have a call in to Deborah to find out about my cushion and
am waiting for a call back. I really hate when I need some
thing that I have to steady call to remind people they have
not finished their job.. Why they cant at the time, how hard
is it to fax a paper to someone? Just do it, don't set the paper
work down with the thought of ' I need to remember to do
that'. it wont get done... and that's what I think they do over
at the Drs . Well I will call again tomorrow if I don't hear.

I made some Spanish rice today and it sure was good.. I got
my angel food delivered yesterday by the church ladys son.
He lives up here and dropped it off after he picked it up
at his mothers house. Distribution day was Saturday and
this dear lady made these arrangements for me so I could
still get the angel food.. It is a great thing and the food,
speciallly the meat is always the highest quality and best
tasting.. Peggy is a sweet lady to do this for me.. and I
sure appreciate it.. Her son is very nice and lives over by
the lake here..

Well I am about ready for a five, I didn't do a lot to day,
I just sort of re arranged what I had already put away,
sort of just organized it more.. I'm getting picky again,
Penny even noticed in the kitchen.. A place for everything
and it sure looks nice out there.. We have done good in
the short time since I moved in...In fact its one month
today... :-) Time to post and put my daily GORGEOUS
WEEBLE "G'Day, G'Day"... :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks !
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

3 Comments:

  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    How come she didn't have a spare??? I don't think I could change a tire anymore anyway...getting a little to old for that.
    26 F right now, hoping that ice or snow will not come here at all this week...sure don't like trying to walk on it at all.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Winter has arrived here. It was below 20F with 40 mile an hour wind gusts. I have to walk 7 short blocks from the subway to work. I felt that wind through three layers on my legs. In NYC only 20% have cars. I have a drivers license, but I depend on public transportation. I was 15 minutes late to work today. Not bad considering the wind.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    I dont know why .. sure is taking a chance.. at least carry fix a flat! Ive not heard today so I dont know the scoop lol...

    Hi Momar,
    Winter has been here and still is ! we are under a major storm warning until Tomorrow NITE! Not good for holiday traffic..

    Good to hear from you .. Thanks :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker