ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, September 24, 2009

~Geese~

The photos of the geese is so nice, one that Mark took
last night on his walk.. Geese are everywhere and they
are not shy, you have some bread crumbs, they will come
right up to you. I did see another V formation, honking
and all, go over this morning... Fall is in the air, the leaves
are coming down already and on the ground.. specially from
the white birch over in Carls yard..
I was surprised to notice that my honeysuckle is blooming
again! The bees are just swarming the hummer feeder, I'm
wondering if that is keeping them away.. Ive not seen them
in a while... They may migrate south like lots of birds and
lots of people do in the winter, close up their houses and
head south .. most that I knew went to Florida.. My parents
never did, even though quite a few family went for the
winter and begged them to come too.. But they didn't mind
the snow, they found something to do.. It was nothing to
still have a picnic even if snow was a foot deep.. If they
spotted a clear picnic table the lunch was on.. Sometimes
they just brought their own table..:-)
I might tag along with Mark on one of his walks.. I will
make sure I am all powered though.. My chair seems to
need recharged more often lately and I'm wondering do
chargers wear out? Where they don't charge anymore?
The batteries, there are 2 on this chair.. ya, High Voltage
here :-) I'm charged :-) But, my batteries, new ones, were
put in shortly after I moved in here.. so they shouldn't be
worn out .. at least I don't think so.. I should find out..., I
wouldn't really worry about running out of charge if I did
go out as long as someone is with me, this chair is pushable
too, but not by me, I can reach the tires but I don't think
I could handle turning them by hand :-) THAT would be
MOST hard to do... But someone else could push this chair
if need be... So far that's not happened...
No plans for today, no appointments either. Ive not heard
from Rebecca which I don't know whether to worry or not.
When she was here last she wasn't feeling well so I hope
shes ok.. Id hate to lose her as a caseworker.. specially with
all this rent increase still up in the air and not settled.. I
don't like changing horses mid stream so to speak.. :-) OH!!!
My birdwatcher friend said I was right!!! :-) the bird was a
woodpecker ! :-) I thought it was... Glad to know for sure
though... :-)

Time to discuss todays food menu and get something done.
Ive not heard from that church nor have I called.. I just
don't know what to do really I hate to nag these people..
specially since I didn't ask them or am paying them to do
that deck.. I will just wait and see if they will keep their
promise.. I hope they do.. but if they don't , perhaps I
can still get one made somehow.. :-)


Post Time ! GORGEOUS WEEBLE Warning Time!! :-)
"I shall return !" :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again ....

3 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    The governor of New York says there will have to be cuts in Medicaid. Also meals on Wheels has cut back to six days from 7. I trade newspapers for meals and the fellow I trade with isn't getting extra meals any more. Times are tough

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Awesome Pictures Mark took, Lois go with Mark on those walks...that would be so good for the both of you my friend.

    Bob and I got to have supper with Beth and her daughter Kristi today.We all went out to Sirloin Stockade. Then we went to her home for birthday cake she make for herself...Beth loves making cake and fixing them up.

    Pam blood platelet are still low 8000 this time. I wonder what the doctor going to do next?
    Patsy and Sharon are having fun on the trip.
    Getting out before winter set in would be good for you Lois.
    God bless you and Mark

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Our meals on wheels week end food is frozen . just left over ones from during the week.. Still good kinda...... YEs, Times are VERY tuff..for everyone... We gotta stick together :-) Help each other when we can...

    Hiya Mary,
    Yes, Mark is like me, hes a good photographer AND a good cook :-) I sure hope Pam gets to feeling better.. I think the testing is worse than the actual cause :-)

    SO good to hear from you!! :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker