ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, December 26, 2009

~Mr & Mrs Cardinal~ :-)

I had the nicest surprise yesterday and by the
way, we didn't get all that crap they predicted,
knock on wood, in fact most of our snow is gone.
ANYWAY, I, of course, was at my spot at the
table and I was watching the birds. I noticed at
the feeder post an orange bird, I knew it was
the female cardinal.. Shes so pretty too... Then
a few seconds later I saw the male come in and
eat. I have never seen both a male and female
together.. It was like he was just there to guard
or maybe just keep her company... :-) But it was
so nice to see... I really enjoyed that and I did
get a few photos... what I'm gonna do with them
I don't know but I have them :-)
Other than that it was a very quiet day. I got
phone calls from all over the world.. from the
UK to Australia... I have some of the very best
friends ... I am very fortunate and I sure do
appreciate every one of you :-) .. I got a nice
email from my youngest son and a phone call
from Donnie, it was a good Christmas.. The boys
loved their new lazer and we all played for a
LONG time... Dutch just does NOT wear down.
Hes like that energizer bunny, he goes and goes!
We have no plans for today and this should be a
quiet week end.. I'm not expecting any company
till Monday when Penny will be back.. Which is ok.
I am enjoying the quiet and lazy time.. I logged
off shortly after I posted yesterday and then
played a few games of spider solitare, I have
to play at least once a day :-) Then I went into
my bedroom to watch TV.. I have to say there
was NOTING on that I really wanted to see
until the monster truck show comes on.. I enjoy
watching that....
When we lived in Green Bay, close by where David
worked was a monster truck.. We saw it there a lot.
He entered these shows . If you have never watched
it, it is enjoyable.. Its not violent, well the trucks
crash sometimes, but there is no blood and gore and
killings like the TV shows.. The men that drive these
trucks all seem so very nice and their main objective
is to please the crowds, which they do.. There were
over 70 thousand people at that stadium to watch it.

When I had gone to Hawaii, we went to the big
stadium there where they were having a huge flea
market. But the night before, the monster trucks
were there for a show.. We got to watch as they
took them out and loaded them up to take down to
the docks to ship them back... Was fun watching .
Its a good clean show for kids, well for everyone..
I know I really enjoy it.. that and bull riding... Once
in a while, I do enjoy a good boxing match too.. Not
one where the guys get in and dance around tapping
at each other.. I like the ones where they get in
the ring, punch the other one out, and the match is
done :-) Kinda violent, but its willing violence... they
KNOW whats gonna happen... :-)


Whats gonna happen now is this GORGEOUS WEEBLE
is gonna go and fix some food.. What,,, I have NO
idea.. Ive been really hungry for some corn fritters,
which I might just make.. Its been YEARS since I
have had them.. They are just pancakes, but instead
of putting milk in, you use cream corn.. They are
really good... My mom used to make them for us on a
special occasion like the holidays.. They sound good
not to mention.. they ARE good.. Try them.. you will
see... :-) Post time and for my "I Shall Return!" :-)

Always, Lois ****

God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Been a good day here for us, we will get to stay home all weekend...next Friday we will have our Christmas meal...a good way to start the new year too.

    Not much time to work on the computer right now either.

    So happy you had a great Christmas...
    I've enjoyed beening home and not able to get out of the drive way...

    I did make a pecan pie today, love those pies...I use 5 egg with each pie, it just make a better pie. And I use honey not sugar this time...I will frezze it for Friday.
    Love the pictures Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary!
    I Love pecan pie, but I cant eat the nuts any more since I dont have my bottom dentures.. This was a nice quiet holiday...

    Good to hear from you.. hope you get the sound fixed.. have you phoned the maker of the computer? Dell or whomever? Thats where I would start...

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker