ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

~Stuck Rings~ :-(

New House is occupied!!

Lately my hands seem to be swollen alot..I notice when I am
holding a fork or spoon, that its harder to bend my fingers into
a tight ball.. I also cant touch my little finger, my pinky, to my
thumb either..THAT hurts. Well last night my fingers felt really
tight and I got to looking at my rings..I then thought that it might
be a good thing to see if I can get them OFF!! :-)
Mr and Mrs Cardinal.. :-)

Well I got all of them off my right hand.. all 8 of them. But...on
my left hand.. I got all but 3 off..:-( Two on my ring finger, my
blue topaz and my silver circle of hearts, and on my middle
finger I wear my ex's gold band.. I cant get that off either..BUTT..
my hands are swollen today..so maybe the next time they UN
swell I can get them off.. I hate to cut them off . I could go on a
diet :-) That's ONE way to make the swelling go down maybe!


Although.. I did notice that my stumps are swollen too.. They
don't feel soft and squishy..They feel very firm and solid..In
fact tight.. The scar on the left is still acting up and I have to say
that last night, which I was very surprised, my left stump really
HURT! ..Inside..not the scar, which by the way looks absolutely
ickky and ugly.. I put lotion on it every time I go to the potty, I
keep it right on the back of the toilet..so I am sure to see it.. I
have to keep lotion on my elbows too.. That psoriasis is still
there.. I think that's the problem with my left scar too..

I have MOre crap hey? otta be a law at what a person has to
endure..:-) I watched the pres last night and I have NO comment
on it..other than to say I didn't see where he said what EXACT
plan of attack he was gonna use to solve that oil spill.. THat is
such a tragedy. BP AND others . not just them should be held
responsible.. They worry about BP having enough money to pay
all these people..because of lost wages.. Fix the problem should
be the major issue..THEN deal with compensating all these people.
Its sad no matter which way you look at it.. and the oil keeps pumping
out.. sad..

Well this GORGEOUS WEEBLE is gonna get glad! Me N' Penny is
gonna have some angel hair pasta with meat sauce and meata balls
:-) So.. that means its post time and to remind you I shall return!! :-)

ALways, Lois ****

.
"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    You'll hate me for saying this, but don't you think you ought to see a doctor? There seem to be several issues that they might be able to offer you help with.
    I'm praying for you like mad every day, but I guess it needs more than prayer - the Lord helps them who help themselves - and that doesn't mean robbers!!
    Take care, Honey, luv ya and worry about ya!
    Raife
    X X X

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    Swelling sometimes is caused by water retention. Salt causes water retention. Are you on a low sodium diet.sometimes a diuretic such as lasix helps There is a herbal tea which is a diuretic called rosehips w. hibiscus flowers. I usually pay about $1.25 for 20 of the tea bags.
    About the oil spill - oops!!!!

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois.
    You need to see a doctor real soon, how are you going to be able to keep with with the computer if you don't see one..And we love hearing from you.

    Friday I'm having my nose fixed here in town...it's called a deviated septum and also I have enlarges turbinates there going to fixes..
    Will be good to breathe better.
    Just wanted you to know and keep me in prayer.
    And I will keep you in prayer too my friend...
    Might be off the computer for a while again...
    God bless you and get to a doctor OK.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife,
    Nahhh, never could hate you.. you have good intentions..Ive just never ever been one to run to the dr for every little thing.. Id rather pray for it to just disappear :-) No. Im a nurse, I know when its time to go..and then I will..once I get set up with this new dr I will see a dr once a month wether I wanna or not..

    Hiys Momar!!!
    I believe more in food or tea cures more than pills.. I never have really retained fluids..but I do know to keep an eye out..I will watch for those tea bags..Maybe Penny can find them...bet its tasty too..:-)

    Hiya Mary,
    Im ok.. not to worry..:-) Im just waiting to be set up with the visiting dr.. Wont be long..THEN the dodo hits the fan.. I dread what he will find..:-( oh well...

    Thanks for all the TLC..y'all are the best :-) Thanks again..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker