ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, July 23, 2010

~Hmmm~

I just got a strange email from my landlord saying "whats up?" All
it said..and it was only sent to me..I wrote back right away to see
if something is wrong..I am nervous about this grant stuff specially
since Doug was here,and he did NOT re assure me about it at all.
He made me MORE nervous in fact...Rebecca has filled out a form
for me to get Section 8 housing..I got a denial for it yesterday..Well..
I didn't like what I read on it..According to what this paper says, I
think Rebecca was not all up front..She said I would not have to go
off the grant but just be eligible for section 8..Well..according to this
paper I got..when my name comes up as being eligible.. I HAVE to
take the section 8 or go back down the list..I was told before that the
list has a 2 year wait.. So.. this worries me..why would Rebecca say
I DONT have to go on section 8... I don't understand. She should be
calling soon, and I WILL request a meeting to discuss this.. I'm not
at ease with this information at all... Someone is fibbin.. Hmmmm..
Anyhoway,,, my joystick cover has fallen off..its a real pain in the
butt..To look at it its no biggie to fix and you would think by it coming
off like that it wouldn't cause a problem..IT DOES! When I need to
move my chair in a hurry sometimes..;-) That cover comes off and
it takes me an extra minute or two to move..THAT could cause me
some problems...specially if I am trying to avoid something from
splashing or falling on me. Those extra seconds CAN count ! I will
call R & R and see if they can come out and fix it me.. I don't know
if I still have HPM..the insurance thingie.Usually I just call Deborah
there and she takes care of it. I guess I have to call and find out.I
should have maintence done on this chair I would think at LEAST
once a year... :-)
I saw Carl outside this morning working on his house some more..
Hes painting his railings.. With power washing it the other day I'm
wondering if maybe they might be gonna sell it or something..Its
a big house for 2 people..but they have lived there for over 50
years Joyce said.. Its got to be hard to leave your home after so
many years.. But maybe they want to live in Florida or somewhere.
I know they have, I think 3 kids here..I KNOW a son and a daughter.
Their daughter has MS.. He inquired about my extra wheel chair
that's out in the garage, that's how I know about her...
see the chippie?

I cant think of a name for the chippie..even though he isnt I'm still
gonna call him that.. Hes a cutie..AND he likes lettuce too! Hes
not afraid of me or Dutch.. Dutch had fun watching him.. Chippie
came right up to the door to tease Dutch ..:-)
Chippie likes lettuce too ! :-)
We are having grilled ham and cheese for lunch.. When Penny
leaves here she goes to her other client and doesn't eat till
later then..So we have lunch here.. She got us all clean for the
week end and went to the store to restock my birdseed.. The
birds know when she refills everything :-) The garden ladys
birdhouse is rented too! :-)
Its post time for this GORGEOUS WEEBLE and I AM hungry..
So until tomorrow, I shall return.. :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    That loose joy-stick sure is a pain in the butt! It looks from the photo as if it is just a push on fit? Would a SMALL blob of Super glue on the metal rod ONLY and push the black plastic bit right back on, fast! do the trick?
    When I see things like that, I just itch to get my fingers on them!! Drat this pond between us, I say!!
    I hope your worries about the rent resolve themselves to your advantage. It's about time worries like that were lifted from your dear shoulders. I tell the Lord about it every night, so maybe He will fix it for you?
    Take care, Honey, God bless you.
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hope you can get that joy-stick work on real soon.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife, Mary,
    Does it work on metal? I will try it.. It came off once before I dont remember how he fixed it.

    Thanks for the prayers! I need ALL I can get!

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker