ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, November 07, 2010

~Spring Forward...Fall Back~

Time change last night.. My cable box and my laptop,
the time automatically changes.. I usta have trouble
with which way to turn the clocks and even went so
far as to tell my computer it was wrong and changed
the time on that too! Now, I touch nothing, but I know
never to think cable could be wrong... :-) The saying
is "Spring forward, Fall back" I think. :-)
I have no plans for today.. I'm hoping Penny is at
home making apple pies..She is having 2 or 3 of
her grand daughters stay over.. She enjoys the
time with them, specially when she lets them help
her cook... Kelli was the same way when she was
little..

I had Kelli every day while her mom and dad worked..
I guess I should say Willie too.. He loves that girl too...
While I was getting things ready for supper, Kelli
would follow me around, steady asking questions as
to what exactly was I doing.... I had a chair that was
high with steps that lifted out.. I still have it...As little
as Kelli was, she dragged that bench all over the
kitchen so she could see just what I was doing..

She was next to me one day while I was peeling
potatoes to make the mashed kind that she liked.
Kelli got all quiet, I felt her put her little hand (she
was about 3) on my arm...I looked down into her
serious face and Kelli said "Gran, some day, I
gonna be a good cooker, just like you." I had
to smile, I told her to just keep watching Gran,
and she would be... And, she is a very good cook
to this day! :-)

I have no plans for today and no idea what I am gonna
make for Sunday dinner. I always find something ! I
have lots of stuff in the freezer I can make..I wont
starve.. I'm still a GORGEOUS WEEBLE, and ! I
will be back ! Happy Sunday!


Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker