ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

~The Deck Has Started!~


My deck is in progress!!! Donnie got here
about 5, hoping it would have cooled down
but it didn't. It was SUPER hot. He got
the 4 posts in.
He had to stop every 10 minutes or so to
come in and cool down. He was starting to
worry me he was sweatin so bad.
He had to dig the holes, then put the posts
in, he'll cut them off later. Then he had to
pour cement around them to keep them in
place..
Then he unloaded the rest of the wood off
his truck before he left.. His saws etc are
here under my kitchen table :-)
Dutch of course had to watch and supervise.
He checked out the tools too, he wasn't too
impressed with them... :-) specially under HIS
table. He doesn't like Donnie very much and
I don't know why, well maybe its cuz hes
so big and kinda loud.
Penny came today and made some of that
good goulash and pineapple cookies. She
took some home for Mike, he made some
brownies for me a while back so it was
just kind of a thank you...

Squirrley came by today! I was SO glad
to see him. Hes not been here since Tigger
chased him up the tree! Penny had just
put fresh seed out there. She cleaned
and filled the birdbath too, the one with
water in it. The birds have been steady
in it. They have a nice spot out there.
Its time for this GORGEOUS WEEBLE
to eat some goulash and have a cookie.
Stay cool and well and God Bless..
was 93 yesterday with a heat index of 102.
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    WOW so happy that deck is go it way of getting make.
    You are going to enjoy that so much Lois.
    Going to be real busy till Monday, so if I miss coming here...it's because I'm to tried to turn on the computer...
    Sure hope by then your deck is ready for you to enjoy my friend.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Its getting rhere, this heat is delaying it..sadly..

    Happy weekend!
    Love n'hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker