ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, January 15, 2006

~What Am I Saying?~

Have you read me latelY?.. Me thinks I have been complaining..
NOW what is WRONG with that picture?? I cant believe what
I write.. My word.. sheesh.. I was thinking back and comparing
what I had before I moved in here..the hellhome I mean...before
that I did live good..I worked hard to though...But compairing to
the hellhome? wow.. I need to just SHUT UP here I think...I am
living good comparing the 2 places..No, living GREAT.compared
to the HELLHOME... I am grateful :-)

I shared a room with another person.. usually they always gave
me someone that was totally out of it.. and needed constant
care and was up all night..one of the worst in the building , just
to get even with me I think.. The nurses knew to try to be as
quiet as they possibly could and not turn on every light in there
or they would hear from me if they woke me up before it was
time for my pain med to wear off... The management hated
me there is why.. I would tell on them. They gave me the room
mates that were required the most care.. and usually put aides
on my hall that I didnt like or ones that didnt like me.. And frankly
l didnt care who liked me or not .. I said what I said..I dont lie..lol.
then or now....But it kept me in trouble.. well they were my dearies
and I loved everyone of them.. Such lovely people.. just so eager
for someone to pay them some attention.. So many had no one.
Broke my heart...such lovely people..such stories they told of
their lives...

Our rooms I bet were no bigger than 8 foot by 10.no, I m guessing
well they held 2 beds..2 night stands and 2 chairs. period. nothing
else.. I traded my chair for another night stand for more storage
We had a sink that was between the 2 closets..we each had our
own. I kept my bed long ways..an I tried to make them keep the
other bed the same way as the bathroom door was at the foot of
the other bed..I wanted the window bed...and I fought till I got the
room at the end of the hall they were a tad bigger than the others
I dont remember how many rooms were in hall..I was in D? no
C.. fooey I dont remember maybe B? Ya I think B cuz the main
door OUT of the buildling was the hall to the right of mine... They
kept me in the same hall even tho they moved me.. wow..I can
remember at least 3 rooms no.4? I was in..I came back from
having my left leg taken, they had packed up alot of my stuff, said
I had too much in there..and put what ever they wanted into
storage there fire hazard they said.. I was so upset.. I called my
sister and told them what they had done to me.
.
Can you imagine how traumatic that was? lose my leg and come
back to most of my stuff being gone? My sis was there the next
day wanting to know just what they thought they were doing .She
gave them HELL let me tell you lol..I got my stuff back.. It was just
another way of getting rid of me, they kept asking me did I want
to leave..but then when I could they said no. My left stump was too
infected and I needed better care and would get it there more than
I would in my own place. maybe that was true since it did take
almost a year to heal..My sis looked out for me, bless her heart..
Every saturday, she faithfully was there.. I didnt know for a long
time just how worried she was that I was going to die and each
time she saw me, she worried it was the last time..I have the best
sister anyone could have..

But comparing what I have now..and had only 5 years ago..I need
to NOT complain at all.. what if Mona hadnt found me? Or whom
ever it was , i think the social director found Mona..I could still be
over there? no..no I would have found another apartment..some I
did see I am so fortunate to have this one..I need to not complain
Now i made myself feel really gulity lol..well I am grateful I have
this place..I am.. its messy yes..but its clean..just a Messy Weeble
lives here lol..and 2 messy cats...

Well I will just shut my mouth now..and stuff it full so I shut up..and quit
complaining for a while.. I am SO bad lol. so, I'm off in search of food
as usual..just a light snack..so pardon moi...nitey nite..

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? LUV YA~~!!!! thanks...:-)

Always, Lois***.

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...



4 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have trouble moving things around. It is nice to remember where you put things and there they are. When you live in a house with a lot of people, they are bound to move things. Today, I could not find my small hand vacuum. I was going to ask the possible guilty person, when I found it. I do not like to get angry over the moving of thing instead I ask. I used to get angry - it is sillly - I ask calmly now.

    momar

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar, I know about moving stuff.aint easy...I think my cats hide stuff on me..or I have a ghost thats a meanie lol.

    If I would put put stuff away but the storage in that other bedroom is non existant. thats the trouble..no shelves... *sigh* still a better place by far, I am NOT complaining.
    take care my friend...
    Always, Lois***

    Ps.. counting to 10 works..or 20. 30..40..lolol...:-D

     
  • At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    I have trouble finding stuff, too, and I'm able-bodied. It is usually the Boggart (A Dartmoor Pixie) that moves it - or the wife!!! Of course, you can't have trouble there with Sod's Law - he lives HERE!!! Hides my drill-bits all the time. You should see my shop - or rather, you shouldn't, it's knee-deep in wood shavings. Must get out there and muck it out!!
    Take care, don't get stuck in THAT room again! Love and hugs from Raife.

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife, I shall try to stay out of there until I can get it straightened out lol. which may mean I never will get back in there~!~

    Are you a Messy Marvin? lol.. :-)
    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker