ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, January 16, 2006

~With A Little Help~

I wrote and asked my girl this morning if she would come
by and help me clean my sewing room.. I offered to give
her alot of stuff out of there if she would like to have it.. I
dont know if I will ever get it set up to sew again.. at the
rate I am going probably not..lol. I do miss it. and I will make
some new skirts and tops they are easy to make..but I
cant now its just so topsy turvey in there.. Maybe once
Kelli helps me clean and organize and I keep Dutch out
of there I can do more sewing if I can get my machine
to work better. I did enjoy making the quilts..and I do need
some new clothes..its been ages since I got anything new.
well I did get my new sweater at Christmas..I'm hoping she
will run The Beast for me..sure needs it with 2 cats that
shed.. I use a carpet sweeper and just doesnt do as good.

I have a nice table in there and my old computer is still in
there. I would like to hook it up as I still have things in it I
would like to have in this computer.. Old pictures etc. For
some reason before i switched to this one I couldnt send
any attachments.. and I have NO idea why..I just could NOT
send any ..I tried ...I would like to get it set back up tho. I
still havent figured out why there is no cable outlet or phone
jack in that room I thought there was..but I didnt find one..
When I got cable I was hoping to keep this puter in there I
liked looking out the window now I either look at the wall or
my monitor.. lol..which is ok but its kinda nice to see out too.

I tried making some phone calls but it being a holiday no one
is in any offices...to see about getting a caregiver.. I did call
about a cell phone tho...its not too bad a deal.. I just have to
make sure I redo my budget so its covered every month.. Its
a year contract, I should be able to do it.. I just have to watch
closely and stick to my budget..

I forgot to tell the apt manager, Chris about that outlet. I need
to remember . I wanted to practice on my keyboard.. I would
LOVE to learn how to play..I moved my desk, after I took the
drawers out of course, and my little cabinet so I could move
my keyboard to another outlet.. By the time I finished my arms
were so tired I couldnt practice lol.. They werent that heavy,
just pulling the one out and pushing the desk down .more or
less trading places..just took alot of time.. I dont know why I
didnt take piano lessons from my cousin when I was growing
up..I went to her house every monday nite after school for 3
years to do her ironing..just so I had spending money when I
went shopping on saturdays..I wish now I had.. She is 82,
bless her heart..still doing good..its the clean living up North.
All that clean air up in the middle of a national forest...

At least now I got part of my living room a little different. I get
tired of everything staying the same ALL the time.. It wasnt
that hard to switch those 2 out. my desk isnt that big..3
drawers down one side and 1 drawer above where the chair
goes.. I took them out and it was fairly light and easy to push.
If I lock this chair down I can push pretty good.. I wasnt gonna
go into my sewing room for my power chair. noooo Ill wait till
Kelli gets here just to make sure I dont get hemmed up in
there again..lol..

Well I'm wore out..was a busy day.. I did get something done
tho not been lazy .. I could have gotten more done..but I dont
want to totally give out and my arms are kinda sore.. gee I
hope I can lift some of that chicken and yellow rice i made
today out of the fridge lol...I got hungry for chicken and thats
so easy to make..Yellow rice is so good specially if you like
saffron..which I LOVE it..so darned expensive tho.. but such
good eatin' lol..

This post is a bit early tonite. but I am tired..and hungry , no
lunch being a holiday so I am rollin at high speed into that
kitchen .. I cant get lost I have a path I can follow thru the
dining room .. boy, is Kelli gonna laugh when she sees
what THAT looks like lol.. oh well. Im off to the kitchen and
then to see what QVC is gonna tempt me with. had some
great knives on there today . lol..ok.. Im off ...:-)

Y'all have a good one now ..Y'hear? Luv Ya! and Thanks...
Always, Lois


May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...



2 Comments:

  • At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sweetie,

    Just wanted to let you know I'm still here. Mmmm - yellow rice and chicken - that is good eatin - no doubt about it. Well- hope you do get a little help getting that room squared away - I'm sure ya will.
    Take care hon - always thinkin of ya
    Bare Hugs,
    Butty

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Butty :-) I'm glad your still out there.. hope all is ok by you. Stay healthy the flu is really bad all over
    from what I hear.. Its all thru our
    building just awful me included this year.. I made it last year ok.. ran out of luck this year tho..
    Take care now.. luv ya,
    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker