ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, February 17, 2006

~BRRRRR~

It rained all last nite and we were under tornado warnings for a
while too. We even had hail which makes me worry as sometimes
hail is before a tornado...This morning was below zero by the
time I got up at 7am, *please note TIME* lol..yes, I WAS up
early for a change..lol.. With the wind chill factor was very cold
today..We are sposed to get snow as well. We had snow flurries
all day...The wind gusts were between 40 and 50 miles an hour
the tv said...A really wintry day today...I was snuggly warm tho and
I watched all this wintry cold stuff thru my window lol....:-)
Rae came today and brought a treat with her when she came!
She brought me a burger and some chicken nuggets..MMM
they were very good..I thoroughly enjoyed them..Bad part was
after I ate them I got so sleepy I had to take a nap!!! Thats the
trouble I have when I eat I get full, then I get tired and then I have
to take a nap..I KNOW..after I eat I should exercise..lol..Well I
do get plenty of arm ones..its from the waist down I NEED the
exercise for..well lets say I'm sitting on the part needs the MOST
work LOL... :-)

I did learn something new..no not about how to navigate and do
things on this blog..but did you know that windows xp comes with
a thing called movie maker? I didn't..A friend told me..I made the
video's for my Valentines giftie and some couldn't open it with win
media player as it is in AVI format..it needs to be in wmv...well avi
will sometimes play in quick time tho..Anyway..this movie maker
thingie..will transfer or change your videos or what ever for you.. I
had NO idea it existed..AND was already in my computer!!! Well
why didn't they tell me? ..I spent I bet at least 2 hours today looking
thru my start and programs and found stuff I have NO idea what it
is much less HOW to use it... lol.. But this movie maker thingie I
will for SURE check out lol...

OHH here's a little tidbit I didn't know either..If you have trouble
reading a site or letter or what ever..If you have a mouse with the
little wheel in the middle of your clicks..that If you hold down your
ctrl key and scroll, that it will magnify what you are reading? I did
NOT know that either..That's pretty handy I think..I haven't tried it
as I only just got that mail a while ago telling me this...But I will
try it out.. My friend Judi has a hard time reading..so perhaps
this will help you Judi..watch her not be reading this today LOL..
I will inform her via email just in case..I know most puters have
the magnifier thingie that you can turn off from windows but I
didn't know about the ctrl key ..So I learned 2 new things today.
So any day that you learn something new is that a good day or
what? I think so...your never too old to learn.. I found all sorts
of stuff in my puter when I went snooping around in start and
my programs that I had NO idea were there.. I have NO idea
how to work half of it.. I have microsoft money and all of this
stuff..notebook . notepad..I cringe when I open them as I
have no idea how to work them..I look at all the thingies at the
top and just think..naaaaa i don't really need this..lol...

Since I learned some new stuff today was a useful day.. I didn't
just sit around for hours and not do anything.. AND I even got
my INBOX cleaned out!!! NOW that was a good thing... I did
do a no no last nite and I ordered a pizza I just was too lazy to
cook and I did..I know I shouldn't have was NOT in my budget
but I just wanted one so bad..and I ordered a medium sausage.
and I still have half of it left for tonite..and yup..that is where I
am headed right now. to nuke it..then eat it..then to snuggle
this butt down onto my favorite spot on my bed,, turn on my tv
and more than likely give me 10 minutes and I will be snoring ..
OOOOOppps.. ladies do NOT snore..we breathe heavily :-)

Oh,, my friend Twinks..needs your prayers..She was diagnosed
after the biopies to have basal cell carcinoma..very serious..and
she needs all the prayers we can send to her..Shes a wonderful
dear dear friend to me.. She is a poet..and she sent me a lovely
poem she wrote and I will ask her if I can share with everyone
here..Its a very very touching poem.. She is such a dear lady..
PLEASE keep her in your prayers...IT does work you know..:-)

Well the pizza is yellin at me to "COME ON - NUKE us and EAT
us LOL..so I'm off to do a bit of nukin' and eatin' and snugglin'
down for a long winters nite..well i dont know how long ..as I
don't know how many times I will be up during the nite or how
many times Dutch will be patting my face saying "I love you mummy"
lol.. kids...Id be lost with out them let me tell ya..


Y'all have a good one now y'hear? LUV YA..& thanks..!!!
Always, Lois****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...



3 Comments:

  • At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Twinks is already in my prayers - so are you. (and several others I am lucky enough to know).

    Hey, that CTRL and scroll thingy is good, isn't it? I just played with it! lol ;-) Thanks!!

    Take care, my dear. Lots of love and hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,, I was told it works great..I havent tried it yet..I'm anxious to try the movie maker thingie.. THAT looks interesting and If I can change my videos from avi to wmv thats a good thing lol...

    Not too much playin now Raife LOL.. :-) Luv ya...& thanks sweet pea ..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,, I was told it works great..I havent tried it yet..I'm anxious to try the movie maker thingie.. THAT looks interesting and If I can change my videos from avi to wmv thats a good thing lol...

    Not too much playin now Raife LOL.. :-) Luv ya...& thanks sweet pea ..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker