ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, February 11, 2006

~Fast Day Today ~



Well today went fast.. just sneaked right on past me..
I dont know where the time went.. HMMM wonder did I
have fun? lol...I really didn't do a whole lot..was a good
lazy day. I did talk to my sister she is doing ok.. still hates
that chair and kneeler thing.. I KNOW what she means..
Although they didn't tell me about a kneely thing when I
was a sak.. was the chair or hop with a walker, crutches
whatever, but no knee wheeler...I dont know if I would
like that, not in the hellhome..but at home probably be ok..


My rehab after my first amputation..it healed up nicely..
had no trouble with it.the 2nd time. although I did at one time
have a really bad infection in my right groin from one of the
bypasses they did.. but the end of my right stump the 2nd
time, I had no trouble with it healing.. not like when they took
it below the knee..Well rehab after that all they had me do was
use a walker and hop up and down the hall and then sit in front
of a pulley and lift these weights from off the floor about 50 times
it seemed very boring... I hated hopping up and down the hall too..
that's jarring to a body and I would end up with a raging headache.
hop and move hop and move .. I was glad when it was over.


The rehab after the left leg was done was really hardly not at
all as it got infected right away and so they didn't make me..
I saw a therapist here in my apartment after I moved in to
show and help me how to do what I already knew how to do..
I learned from february to november..almost the same as
when your a sak really.. I used my chair when I was a sak..
only difference is I couldn't go as fast as I didn't have a leg
to help push me along and was hard to carry stuff...My sis
asks me "HOW do you CARRY stuff and WHEEL straight?
lol..well got to keep switchin hands..do one wheel then the
other..If you don't, you go in circles.. lol...


I have to say.. I like my old chair better than I do this new one.
Its broke in I guess it just seems to drive straighter and is not
as slow as this one.. This one perhaps isn't broke in.. but I
just don't like it as well..I have to switch hands more when I
carry stuff cause I use the furniture to push me, well pull and
push me along when I come back in here to eat and watch
tv.. so I carry what ever it is I am going to eat..well this new
chair when I do that I don't go as far..and It seems stiffer..if
that makes sense...lol..They are identical chairs but the
smaller wheel (hand one) is black on this new chair.. I guess
my old one just was broke in better ...its still like new as it
wasn't hardly outside..even the chair guy said that.. but it
was time to do it just to be safe they said .. I think was just
to have me get a new chair lol...its nice tho..

Here is the first photo, remember the rules..lol.. aint I just
gorgeous? LOL you better say YESSSS :-)


Anyway sis is ok and I am too.. just hungry now.. time to
see how much i can trail behind me when I get my supper
lol.. I dont know what I am going to have yet even.. I've not
ate all day and its almost 6:30 .. I think I'm hungry .. yup..
I hear the kitchen calling me..Better go..


Y'all have a good one now y'hear? Luv ya..& thanks :-)
Always, Lois***



May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

6 Comments:

  • At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    love your pic,you are extremly gorgeous

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YOUR A HOTTIE!nice pic,although you dont wear underwear,that would be a pic to see-you in your underwear

     
  • At 3:57 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Thank you Joe, what a nice thing to say..

    Thanks Chester, Since I don't I can't, sorry...

    Thank you both for the compliments though, made my day, and made me smile
    :-)
    Always,Lois***

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Glad your sis is O.K. Has she thought of seriously slimming? I used "Slimming World", which I believe you have over there, too, and lost over 28 lb. in two months, and never felt hungry!! But you do have to stick very closely to their guidelines.
    Do be VERY CAREFUL with that matress, they are darned heavy (or at least, ours is) I have a struggle, and I'm fairly fit and able.
    Can you twist the arms of the Health and Safety boys to help you make your kitchen safer? You might get your low shelves at no cost to you.
    And, last of all , yes you look absolutely GORGEOUS. And thanks for the new pic. It is safe with me.
    Lots of love and big hugs,
    from Raife.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Lois1 said…

    sending you lots of love,"looking good"

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife, glad your back! My brother in law said he would do it for me, next time they come up, thanks for the compliment on my photo... :-)

    Lois1, thank you my dear, how nice to say...

    Such wonderful comments I am so pleased , y'all just made my day here you know ... thanks so much...luv ya!

    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker