ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

~Had A Laugh Today~


I had a good laugh today with my sister. She is so funny.. She
was telling me all the FUN she is having being in that wheel
chair lol.. I had to laugh she got caught between the door facing
and a bookcase, and could do nothing ..I told her.. I just did that
in my sewing room..She quickly replied "I AM NOT going into
mine, no one would find me in there!!!" lol..we are ALOT alike,
specially when it comes to our sewing rooms.. :-) She is finding
out what life is partially like, being in a chair , since she still has
one leg..what its like for me....Said she had a "HELL of a time"
and was SOOO MAD lol.. all I could laugh and say was " I
KNOW SHIRLEY !!" was too funny...:-)

She says this knee wheeler thing she has is about useless.
The wheels dont turn..so to go say around a corner she says
you have to pick it up and turn it yourself..I said I thought that
would be kinda dangerous..well be a good way to lose your
balance..having to pick that up if its all your using to get
around...I don't understand why they wouldnt put wheels , well
casters that swivel..be easier to navigate... She hates that
little thing.. I told my sis, well now your seeing why I dont come
and visit alot..she says "YES, I do NOW" bless her heart..She
is really having a hard time.. she says "I dont KNOW how you
can STAND being in that chair ALL the time".. well its just a
matter of not having any choice, not if I want to be able to go
anywhere... I told her .."well imagine then you had NO legs,
how hard it is.. you still have one.." she said no , she couldnt
that it HAD to be so extremely hard.

But until something happens to us or a family member do we
even THINK there is a possibilty that it can happen to you or
someone you love..that their or your own life could be so
drastically altered..no one is prepared for that.. If you watch
the tv news.. a little elderly lady was found dead at home,
someone had broken into her house.. when they interviewed
the neighbors.. they always say..who would have thought this
could happen here, or to the family or if it was about them,
that it could happen to them.. WELL .. food for thought for ya..
DO YOU SMOKE?? well you need to consider quitting for
sure dont ya? THIS could be the outcome..I didnt know that..
not saying I would have quit..but to find out that it can cause
something else so drastic..cancer is bad enough was a big
deterrent made me slow way down.. I had quit once for 3 yrs..
and big dummy started back...as I gradually got worse with
this tho I cut way back from 2 packs a day to only a few ciggies
like after I ate or something. But I never thought something
this drastic was going to happen to me either.. and it did.

I don't know what I would have really changed that I did b4, to
be honest..I dont think other than the smoking, I really did any
thing that I would change to try to prevent this..as I wasn't really
doing anything but living, working, being married, the usual...
yet here I am..single, in a wheelchair , no legs..only thing hasnt
changed is I'm STILL GORGEOUS LOL... Y'all KNEW I HAD
to say that lol...

Well there is a new photo up top for you... PLEASE ..same rules..
this one was taken the same time but I just took my hair down..
its quite long.. middle of my back I think..and I like long hair..there
are so many more ways to fix it.. It was well is..naturally wavy when
its short it will curl a bit.. when I was small I had ringlets I was a
beautiful baby..I will share that picture with you one of these times..
so you can see even as a wee weeble I was GORGEOUS.. lol..I HAD
TO SAY IT AGAIN :-)

I was lazy all day and I have not eaten..I am starveddddd..so
yup..you KNOW where I'm headed I dont even have to say it do I?
lol.. so ok I wont.. but THAT is where I'm headed..the boys are
sitting here in the doorway looking at me as if to say 'OK OK
come ON!~~!! kids...


Y'all have a good one Y'hear? LUV YA~!~ & Thank you SO
much for the wonderfully sweet comments . I LOVE it :-)

Always, Lois ***



May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

8 Comments:

  • At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you always be goreous.like the pic btw

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One more for my collection! Thanks dear, first for your lifesharing, and secondly for another of your wonderful pictures.
    Hope to see you around sometime in the near future, dear honey.... And as i allways says:
    Kisses all over, love.
    ***+*
    Your Rob

     
  • At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Like the old song says "You had to be a beautiful baby,
    'Cos, Baby, look at you now" lol ;-)
    I've tried a wheelchair, so I have just a teeny, tiny idea of where it's all at. But not to have legs - how could I reach my lathe or my vertical drill or my band saw?? It would NOT be funny!!! ;-(
    Take care, dear, and don't go near that sewing room!!!
    Lots of love and big hugs,
    from,
    Raife.

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello Lois,

    hope that u are fine. the pictures which u have posted are very nice. they made me happy. u look really gorgeous which ur nice leg stumps.

    the picture of today is better than that u posted yesterday.

    i hope that u are reserving a nice surprise for those who have shown an interest to be ur valentine for tuesday.

    ur right stump is nicer than ur left stump.

    why don't u post a picture of yourself in which u are wearing a mini skirt and a short blouse.

    hope that u have not taken me wrong with my suggestion.

    take care

    bye..bye..bye..

    Yashvin

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi~!~ I am so glad y'all liked the picture...be another new one today and tomorrow as well..Y'all will get spoiled :-)

    I wish I could use my sewing machine, Then I could make a nice outfit out of that lovely red silk piece I have in there for tomorrow. and I look GORGEOUS in red, although I look good in ANYTHING lol, I KNOW what your gonna say to that too haha...

    I always like suggestions, and consider everyone of them... I run out of ideas. I LOVE to take pictures, ask the boys,, they run when they see the light on the cam lol. :-)
    Thanks again..All these wonderful compliments just make my day...
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois, Well, back in the saddle here. And yes, you are GORGEOUS - you know that!!!!!! And I just LOVE your new pics. Guess I'll have get a new one for you..grin.

    Take care - just catchin up here.

    Bare Hugs,
    Bob

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Butty,
    So glad to have you back!!! I missed you...Thanks for the nice compliment..

    Id like your pics too, Butt you KNOW i do..:-)
    Always, Lois ***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker