ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, February 18, 2006

~SUPER COLD HERE~

Would you believe its below zero outside today?? Talk
about COLD~!~ The wind is awful...I have a air conditioner
in the wall in the living room and they dont bother to put a
cover over it in the winter.. You should feel the draft that comes
in thru it.. I try to keep it covered, but this is a really a drafty apt..
I knew was super cold, my right stump was aching so bad it
woke me up.. I mean the invisible part and visible..all of it
now talk about HURT!!! sheesh...It was bad this morning.
I even had to find my woolbie to cover with it was so cool in here
during the night...Thats one way I can tell when the temp has
dropped really bad, I have to find my cover. Even the boys were
snuggled up to me when I got up at 7...Ya, I was up early too ...

I did get some good exercise in this morning tho when I got
up..Yup..I left a bag of cat food out where Dutch could get it..
lol.. looked like cat food had invaded my kitchen...Even though
there are 3 bowls of food out there..well - I'm seeing which they
prefer..and it doesn't work cuz they eat about the same out of
each bowl...lol... But I had to re-sweep the clean floors that Rae
had done yesterday because I was so careless.. again my own
fault.. I will NEVER learn.Then while I was sweeping up the cat food
my broom has the long handle of course.. and I have stuff on my
counter tops so I can reach it..and ya ya .. I cleared off half of
it with the broom and had that to bend over and pick up all the stuff I
had knocked off too.. lol.. I'm my own worst enemy :-)

When I try to pick up something flatter to the floor I have a really
hard time to reach it.. My fingers just barely reach the floor.. I
measured yesterday how far the seat of my chair is from the
floor.. its 18 inches... and add what it is to lean over my stumps..
well thats why I cant reach too, not very well.. I cant touch the
floor at all if I lean over the arm rests either..But anyway.. I did
get in some good floor sweeping exercise and picking stuff up
well BENDING exercise too.. When I have to pick something
up off the floor I can only use one hand..as I have to hold ON
to the back of my chair so I dont fall out.. lol.. This is such fun..
my sis says "HOW DO YOU DO THIS CONSTANTLY !!! " lol
it aint easy let me tell ya lol... :-) And if I keep expanding lol
I may NEVER reach the floor again LOL.... well if certain parts
of me keep expanding that is.. lol...

I am going to have Rae help me with my sewing room a friend
gave me a good idea for trying to use my sewing machine.. I
miss not getting the NEW (old) clothes Ruth used to get at the free
store for me...She knew what I liked and would always find
something there for me...I miss that..so I guess its really time to
fire up that machine i have and do some sewing ..I have some nice
pieces of material in there that would make some nice outfits..
and my sis said she would see what she had..I am getting rid
of that cart that trapped me in there before i even get CLOSE
to going in there lol.. I do miss my computer being in there tho..
I wish was a way I could drill a hole thru the wall for the cable lol
I would so I could put it back in there and see out side... i do
miss that... I am going to get a disposable camera too so I can
take some photos of this apt.. I know many have NO IDEA what
a roll in shower is... I can take a photo of mine for ya lol..

Well I am pooped.. I did do not a whole lot but floors wear me
out.. I dont know what I am gonna eat yet tho.. im not real hungry.
maybe just some of that good Mrs. Grass soup..with the extra
noodles of course lol. OH I have been thinking of maybe being
real nice and say sundays or mondays every week post a new
photo of me.. what do y'all think? I had such wonderful comments
on the photos I posted for the days before valentines day and I
dont mind sharing new photos with you at all...so let me know..but
same rules apply..they go from here to your puter and NO where
else !!! :-)...so let me know I dont want anyone to get tired of seein
me either.. well I may throw in one or 2 of the boys or my apt too..
Y'all seem to want to see EVERYTHING ....LOL.. :-) ok on that
note I'm signing off for tonite and you KNOW whats next lol...I dont
need to tell you.. "YESSS KITCHEN I'M COMING !!! " nitey nite...

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? LUV YA BUNCHES.. & Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...



5 Comments:

  • At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My daughter said the temp was up to zero degrees F. zero centigrade is 32 degrees F. In my nabe, almost everyone knows centigrade and not farenheit. All I know is it is cold out there.

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello lois,

    it is nice to hear that u are thinking to post a picture of urself every sunday.

    so u are giving ur friends the occasion to be more close to u.

    hope to hear from u very soon.

    take care.

    bye..bye..bye..

    yashvin.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,

    Do Walmart sell plastic cereal containers? Perhaps it would be useful to put the cat food in one or two of those?? They are mouse-proof, so should be cat-proof!! We use old (VERY old!!!) ice cream containers for the wild bird seed, so our mice can't get to it. Maybe some of those might work?? (the conainers, not the mice!!!) lol ;-)

    Its cold here, too, but not as cold as there. Stanley (the cooker/boiler) just decided to trip out. I've just switched him on again, so its warming up in here again.

    Take care not to fall out of that chair, my dear, lots of love and hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,

    P.S. -oh, yes, and more pics of gorgeous weeble would be most acceptable - Pleeeeeese!! Pretty pleeeeeese!!! ;-D
    Love,
    Raife

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar, Its cold here again today, I see on the weather channel its not gonna stop either...

    Well im taking a poll to see how many would like that.. I dont want to bore anyone with a bunch of pictures either :-)

    Yes I use them but I this was an extra bag, and of course he found it. LOL.... hes too smart..

    So nice to know y'all are reading..THanks..!!! Luv ya ~!~
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker