ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, May 22, 2006

~I Got Fixed~

Monday Monday, I'm squeaky clean, and the cable has been
fixed they said "obviously someone is tapping my line" The guy
went down and put a padlock on the door down where the cable
stuff is.. I hope who ever is doing this gets caught.. It was just
too fishy 2 weekends in a row I lose cable power? no..1 ok..but 2?
no...so Lets hope it stays fixed..I dont think anything is more
maddening than doing something then it doesnt work..Like Raelynn's
computer, we have been steady discussing what could be wrong
with it.. I seem to think it may be her monitor...The things described,
just dont make any sense..She is not online so she cant download
anything to help so I suggested that is where she start.


I got the nicest email this morning from my girl..she really liked
what I said about her in last nites blog..I sent her a copy and I
dont think she had that picture of herself either.. We always had
a good time..and we loved spoiling that girl..well arent all
grandkids worth spoiling? She was a pistol but what a kid. So
bright and smart..What I LOVE about kids..they are SO
eager to learn...like sponges they soak up everything..they
are ready and willing to go to school..I wonder what happens
that they end up hating school..the kids there, the teachers..
I dont understand that at all..But it sure is a shame when you
read what is happening in the schools..so much peer pressure
and if the child doesnt meet the standards of the "in" group
woe onto that child..I, myself, think that every school child
should wear uniforms..like they did in Catholic School when I
was young..they all dressed the same..then NO ONE was
less or MORE dressed than the other...I approve of that, less
pressure and the way I see these young men dress with their
pants so big 2 others could fit in them..they look so sloppy..the
girls wearing all this low cut revealing short skirts.. where are
the morals? The self respect? Do they really THINK they look
good? Sometimes Less is More...

I get all these emails and get glimpses of the news..and read those
little newsy clips from MSN every day..and I just dont know what to
think.. but I think if a country was good enough to let me into it to
live I would at least have the respect to learn that countrys language
and respect its laws and customs..NOT try to change it to suit them
selves.. This God issue..well.. I dont think I should go there.. God
should NOT be taken out of anything here, or anywhere , I get so
upset when they stop someone or a group from referring to things
with God in them..How UNGODLY is that.. I am a believer and I
know the power He has..and I know with HIM...all things are very
possible.. I dread to think ..that if these multi threats continue what
will happen to life as we knew or know it? I worry that these kids
that are having such hard times now..and the USA is in the dire
straits it is..how will these kids handle it when they get older if they
cannot deal with problems they have now and ONLY at grade
school level problems? I sure think about that alot... Everything is
changing so drastically even the weather, the storms, not only in
the weather, but in life, have surely taken a meaner and harder
turn for the worse I think. its really scary - to me anyway...:-(

My hand is doing ok..its not better, but its not worse.. I wish I could
say the same for my back... It was so sore today, I had Raelynn
rub it for me and I even had to take a couple Advil...I guess I will
have to just quit doing this bending and lifting so much...Raelynn
is so nice..we had lunch together while she was here..She ran to
KFC and got some biscuits and beans, and a few chicken strips
for me..was very good..I love their biscuits..I like McDonalds
breakfasts..their biscuits and sausage are so good. Most fast food
though does NOT stay with me however and goes right thru like
an express train... Dutch has been at his greatest lately.. I cannot
even go near the bathroom with out him right there watching me
and If I dont acknowledge he is there he will jump up between my
stumps and sit there looking at me as if to say "ok, ignore me NOW!"
When I scoot back into my chair he puts his little foot on the flusher
handle and tries to flush for me..and then will walk around the seat
and scrape it like hes trying to bury it.. lol..we are a weird lot here..
LittleBoy? well he is just so sweet and just a big laid back cat and
just does what ever he wants..he struts..The two of them have been
fighting really bad..I found so many clumps of hair I am surprised
either of them has any left..They start out playing..then it escalates
into a fight..With this new monitor, they both have room up here
on my desk..they didnt think I might have had plans for this extra
space I guess they figgered I did all this to give them more room ..
Kids..they are so spoiled...gotta love em tho..I felt sorry for that
cable guy..Dutch was ALL over him, as if to say..'ok , now, pet
me , pet me, then you can do what ever' ..the guy did!!! :-)

I had a good lunch and I am off to clear out my Inbox and then I
am going to bed... Was a hectic one today..I dont know which is
worse, something steady going on..or doing something steady,
to wear yourself out..but sure makes you tired..does this lady
anyway.. I did transfer back into my old chair today and boy , is
my butt happy..it sure could tell the difference in this old chair and
that new defective one..Sure looks nice all squeaky clean..And,,
feels good too..I love how this one rolls so good..just a light push
and I am off and rolling AND in a straight line..not off to one side..
I missed this old one.. I may just stay in it.. I have to look for the
new arm chair thingies I got ..theyre somewhere here..the arms
on this are really bad and drive my arms nuts if I have on short
sleeves when they rest on the plastic or vynil covering on them.

Anyway, no kitchen run tonite..I will just scoot on my bed and watch
some monday nite tv..well maybe have a few cookies or those good
chicken in a biscuit crackers.. something light..NOT Chair shrinking
stuff either lol... so time to say again...Nitey Nite..:-)

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? LUV YA...& Thanks..!
Always, Lois ****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

11 Comments:

  • At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    stealing utilities:
    My dad once suddenly had a high electric bill. The police and electric company caught the person stealing the electricity. There is a lot of cable service stealing in new york. I have satellite tv.
    re uniforms - I like wearing the new shorter cargo pants, but not too baggy.

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Momar,
    Lots of people would rather steal than get things the right way, its a shame. Nothing worse than a theif or liar, they do NOT bring out my good side..

    Hope you have a good day today...
    Always, Lois...

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    I am very glad that you are clean.

    That's terrible that someone tapped your cable.

    The image of Dutch between your stumps is charming and most evocative! He is a smart cat.

    One of my cats is very old and has stopped grooming herself. I comb her every day, and it is remarkable how much hari she produces!

    Have a great day, Lois.

    -Gray

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray, Nice to hear from you...My boys each have different coats..they look identical..but LB is very soft almost angora feeling, Dutch is soft but a more coarse type fur, they DO shed alot...its constant upkeep...

    I have been trying to burn a CD all morning and Cannot get it to work..I dont know what it is lately but when ever I try to do something I have MORE trouble ..sheesh.. I must not be holding my mouth right or something I dunno :-(
    Hope you have a good day Gray :-)
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    When burning a CD the sun has to be out. The larger the magnifying glass, the better. The problem is that the siny silver ones and the white ones reflect too much sunlight. It is much easier to butn fark colored CDs with matte finishes.

    Don't forget to hold your nose because the fumes from the burning plastic are toxic. NEVER look at the reflection of the sun focussed on the CD because it it can make you go blind. You can also burn a CD with a blow torch, but you probably left your blow torches in storage.

    Wait. Wait! I think I have the wrong idea.

    Message me later on in the day if you are still having trouble.

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    Errata:

    It is much easier to burn dark colored CDs with matte finishes.

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    If the material you are trying to burn is too racy, the laser will be embarassed and will refuse to write to the CD until you clean it up.

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Im trying to burn some songs onto a cd.. keeps saying insert cd..when its in there..then adjust speed and I did.. i dunno..Im using Windows media to burn with ..:-(
    thanks tho..
    ALways, Lois****

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    Sounds like it's not that your music is too dirty- ir may be your CD burner that is dirty. Try blowing it out. Try different blank CDs. You probably did that already.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Quite agree with you about school uniform. Helps teacher to keep an eye on the little blighters when you take them on days out - helps when counting heads, a constant chore on school trips.
    I'm so glad you have solved the problem with your cable. That's lower than a snakes belly, going in to a place where there are disabled people and stealing time on their cable. Hope they catch up with whoever it is.
    Try setting up to burn a disc and THEN insert the blank CD. Maybe that's what your program wants you to do.
    Take care, hon, mind the fumes from those burning CDs, lots of love and hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi, Ive tried everything with this cd thing and it wont work..I cant burn anything only thing burning is ME!!! lol... I'll figgure it out..

    They put a padlock on the cable stuff and its about time they did..I know for a fact many got free cable here with the help of a certain person that had access to the control room..not good..
    Hope your having a good day :-)
    always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker