ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, May 21, 2006

~My Dolly's Birthday~Happy Birthday HoneyGirl ~



Today is my Dolly's birthday. She is 22. What a sweet girl
a good kid, well young woman to me she will always be my
Dolly and a kid..even though shes married for 2 years now,
to a nice guy, she has a good job and just finished college
and I think going back for a Masters.. She's kind and very
respectful. I had the joy of taking care of her practically every
day since the day she was born till I had to move away when she
was 4 years old...My girl has been through alot..but shes a go
getter, and likes to get done what she has to do..and is NOT
afraid to do it, and she's honest.

The photo up top is of my Dolly, Kelli Beth, when she was about
3 years old...the huge Burmese cat is my boy Skeeter..what a
great cat..well you can see by the photo hes just hangin there..
he doesn't care he knows Kelli loves him..she kept him by her
all the time to include him in her playtime when he was in the house
usually he would see her coming if he was outside..and within a
few minutes he would be at the door to want to be let in, he would
take a drink then very slowly walk over and peek at where ever
Kelli was..and wait for her to notice him..If she didn't after a little
while, he would go up to her and just rub all over her legs..try to
trip her if she walked by getting in front of her..He loved her alot..
He was an extremely friendly cat..well ALL my animals were, my
dogs were friendly but also very protective of me..but I think thats
because they knew I loved them...I never hesitated to pet or rub
them when they came to me..Like kids..you have to show you
have time for them no matter what.. Thats how it was with Kelli..

I had a old stool..like a high seat, like a bar stool..and was metal
very old..but very light weight.. When I would start to prepare dinner
for her if she was staying which usually she spent the night a lot...
I would tell her "ok..you have to watch and help" well pretty soon I
didn't have to tell her..she would grab that stool..and drag it around
from the counter, to near the stove, or over by the sink..the whole
time just busily chatting away, about her school or her friend James,
that lived next door...One day we are cooking and shes dragging
this stool by me. and as shes dragging it..she looks at me with this
big loving smile, and those huge hazel eyes..and says "Gran- - ,
when I be big, I can be a good cooker just like you". I saw the look
so sincere in that little face..and held it and kissed her and told
her "you can be ANYTHING you wanna be Honeygirl" she smiled
again and every time I moved she would climb down and drag that
stool and follow me.. Today tho..she is not that anxious to cook..I
think she does like it..but she works so hard..and stays busy doing
so many things..that she doesnt cook alot..but I remember when I
was at the farm staying with them..she did cook alot and was very
good at it..specially baking..cake..or cookies, I think she does, just
the time issue..everyone stays so busy now..doing so many things.
but I think she knows she can do anything she puts her mind to..which
she most assuredly can.. I can see that determination in here even
now as I did back then.If she wasnt allowed something she wanted
to know "WHY"..I thinks shes the same today..shes a good girl, Ok..
YOUNG WOMAN :-)

The day the photo was taken of her and SKeeter, Kelli was playing
house..as you can see by all the clothes and towels and laundry
basket.. AND look at her feet..she has on her PaPa's, shoes..Willie
LOVES this picture..she loved my ex..well still does. ANyway
a little while after this was taken..Kelli took Skeeter and pushed him
into this little mini grocery cart- she had a miniature of what is in the
grocery store..he would try to get out..and she would bang him on the
head and tell him "NO...You STAY THERE!! and bang him again on
the head..start to push this cart around with him in it, when she would
stop he would try to get out..each time he did, she did the same thing
to him and bang him on the head..soon he DID NOT try and would let
her push him all over all day long. Later..after her mom came and got
her ..I got to thinking of where Skeeter was..in or out?? I looked for
him..its good to keep track of your pets anyway,, I do these- if some
one goes in or out here to make sure they have not escaped..Well, I
looked all over for Skeeter and I just did NOT see this cat anywhere,
so I went out side and called for him..nothing.!! . He ALWAYS came
when I summoned him.."Hmmmm, somethings wrong" I thought, and
turned andI went back inside..and I hear this forelorn MEOWWWW !!!!
and I go to look..there in my sewing room Skeeter was, in that little
grocery cart - STILL after hours of Kelli being gone.!.This poor cat
didnt know if it was safe to get out of that thing.. I walked up to him and
took him out and boy does he purrr, I can see this cat looking around
for Kelli..I pat him saying "its ok, shes gone" and you could almost see
the look of relief on his face.. But he was NOT coming out of that cart ..
naaa-- he wasnt taking ANY chances that Kelli was around and gonna
smack him on top the head lol. I laffed and called and told her Mom
about this poor cat staying in that cart all this time cuz of Kelli ..we
laffed so hard.. Poor cat :-)


So there is the story of that photo..and that is My Dolly..isnt she
just that tho? God Love her..shes a sweetie and we sure love
her..her dad and Dawn and Grandparents we are all so proud of her
we love her alot..shes worth it..I wish I could spoil her more..but
she knows Gran is here anytime she needs me.

Im late tonite, I fell asleep and woke up and rushed here..I try to
be here by 6 at least, but I ran into a friend on the way here and
well you know me..I HAD to say hi..so I was late for this VERY
important date..and well , better late than never..I KNOW if I
didnt write here every day..well geezzz you would HATE that..lol
well I hope so anyway... So Im off for a snack..And I say Happy
Birthday to my Dolly, and nitey nite to you :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? LUV YA !!! & THANKS!!!
ALways, Lois ****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My daughter was Michele - she was always good with tools. At age 8 she put a gift bicycle together. While in Highschool - she wanted to assemble bicycles for the local bike shop. She was a Mathlete - came time for uni and she went into mechanical engineering. When a Junior she went off to Dundee and studied mechatronics. When she graduated uni - she went to work for Ford where she met her husband. She is 33 with 3 kids and is a stay at home mome.

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    all those years to study and is at home raising her children well thats good..shows her priorities doesnt it..Her children and that is good in this day and age when both parents have to work..

    Ive always liked to create something from nothing which is what sewing is and crafting...Taking pieces of material and turning it into something wonderful, useful or what ever you need it to be.. I loved to design and work with my hands...:-)
    Have a good night Momar..sweet dreams..
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Many thanks for that sweet story. Reminds me of my No. 2 grandson, when he was watching me doing some D.I.Y job, asking me if I would teach him to be a good fixer, like Grandin (that's the grandchildren's name for me)- it's like learning to be a good cooker!!!
    Take care, hon, thank you for the story, lots of love and hugs from
    Raife XOX XOX XOX

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    I enjoyed both the story and the photo.

    I have to admit that I am strongly bonded to our cats.

    -Gray

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning~!~
    I was a sleepy head today~! I just got up..lol..So glad you enjoyed that little step back in time..Kelli is and was a joy and we love her alot..shes a special girl..but then arent all the grands?

    Cats & Dogs are special people too..Those that have never formed a bond with a pet do NOT know what they are missing..They love you so cleanly, honestly and loyally better than any human could I think. I would be lost without mine
    Y'all have a good day now :-)
    Always, LOis****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker