ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, November 26, 2006

~I Got Scorched~

Lazy day, my right stump did get scorched a bit..ok..ok quite a bit..
lol...Its red and tender but not bad..I will survive..lol... It is making it
hard to sit comfy today as it got down under as well into the cushion
which got the underside of my stump ..thats where it really is sore..I
have to use a mirror to see it..Its ok..not to worry. The joys of being a
clutz...i'm very good at that you know..if you dont..then you havent
been reading lol...

I have been told by a few that the photos here are small.Thats because
blogger only lets us put in 50 kbs or lower photos.. Ive put some a tad
bigger but they do something to them I dont know. These 2 photos here,
I have them bigger..they arent the best, but if you want them in bigger..
send me a mail and I will send them to you. Ive been playing with my
cam as thats what I use to take my photos..you know..this is NOT easy to
take them of yourself lol..Its hard to set the focus up and you look at the
carpet under my wheels..you can see how farthey sink down, so going
back and forth..its not easy lol...

Looking at these photos you can see my living room is not
very wide..it looks narrow..it is a tad bigger than it really
looks Im not up close to my desk either.. With the window
right behind me I look like I glow lol.. Well GORGEOUS
people do glow dont they ? lol..You KNEW I would say
that lol.. But right there is where I am most of the day, I
have little groovies in the carpet already from parking in the
same spot every time lol.. And DONT look at my messy desk.
I really try to keep it straight..

Today, its Sunday..I got on that Do Not Call list 3 months ago?
well I got a call today about credit card debts..I dont have a
credit card...its maybe a good thing I dont! No sometimes I do
wish I had one because I shop online..and lots of places wont
take paypal..so Im very limited..I like that cuz its taken right out
and I dont get a bill later then have to pay it..I did have 2 credit
cards that I got in MY name from EDS.. ya..the Ross Pierot
company..Great company to work for..I got some wonderful
benefits..Well my ex decided to charge up the cards while I
was in and out of hospital and crazy, they were only in my name,
so naturally I am . was responsible for them..just like I am a
old phone bill from 4 years ago that I didnt make the calls..I
had a caregiver when I first moved into the other apartment,
she left a boyfriend..out west..she made almost $500.oo worth
of phone calls..then left.. My phone.. my credit cards..my debt..
and ON my credit history. I'm responsible..my ex is in Mexico,
and he sure wont pay them.


This telemarketer actually called me 5 times..I hit the 1 to talk
to a person..this man came on, I told him I was on the do not call
list..he said if you were we would not call you.. so.. I got mouthy of
course and told him I was on the list and he better not phone again
and I was filing a complaint. he kept on and on.. 5 times this jerk
phoned.. So I call the do not call place..they say you need to get the
name and phone number of these places.. well I didnt hear it.. so Im
going to re register again..It doesnt work.. I called the operator too..
and on a sunday? sheesh.. I am so sick of them ..why do these
marketers think anyone would be stupid enough to agree to some
thing they sell or want to give you over the phone anyway? I dunno..
I check online for stuff.. Anyway this man keeps calling me..doesnt
say a thing..and when I say hello.all i hear is beeping. this started at
3 ..and every 10 minutes my phone is ringing..its got to be that
person.. what a jerk...

I had to write replys to those 2 letters today, very hard to do..I was
sad, mad, hurt, yet, I did understand.. I can see all the sides.. I was
told a few times I am too logical.. which I dont think so.. I just take
everything into consideration- go from there.. This is their decision
not mine..so there is really nothing I can do about it..Sure I can be
and am upset about it..but..well.. Its the same as everything else..I
have to keep rolling on, the places they took up in my heart will be
there, waiting..but if not..I have put some good memories there..Life
goes on, and none of it is easy.. just pull up your pant legs..and step
over the crap..for me..I'll grease my wheels and just ROLL on thru..
what else ya gonna do? lol...:-)

I made a nice crock pot of ham and beans today, I love that.. I wish
I had my book so I knew how to operate my combo oven..so I could
make some corn bread..I have to admit..while i was going thru the
beans and cutting the onion and ham..I thought of Willie..my 2nd
hubby..He was from down south..raised in Florida..real southern
boy.. he LOVED beans and corn bread..collards and fried chicken
buscuits and gravy..all that good stuff . When I put that on the table
you could almost see the sparks fly lol. So Im off to try those beans.
no cornbread...but oh well.. still be good.. even better tomorrow..
Nitey Nite... :-)


Y'all have a good one Y'hear ? luv ya..and thanks..
Always, Lois ***

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

6 Comments:

  • At 3:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,Honey,
    Being GORGEOUS, of course you GLOW!!!!
    What did you expect??? ;o)
    Thanks for the pics, they are GREAT!!
    Those beans sound most 'ticing. When I finally manage to get Stateside, there are lots of goodies for me to find out about, including my FAV. Weeble!! LOL ;o)
    I'm goimg to look in Tesco (that's our local supermarket) to see if I can find the ingredients for corn bread. This I have got to try.(Thinks - I wonder if Mrs. Beaton has a recipe for it?)
    Take care, Hon, mind that chair doesn't shrink, lots of love and great big hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Raife,
    thank you ~!~ Im glad you like them..they arent real clear but I have them clearer and bigger if you would like..let me know..

    YEs ~ I know! you will love it! Can you get corn meal over there? thats all it is..mixed with egg and stuff lol.. I use a mix..I'll get a recipe and send..I do have one from scratch..its easy and really good..I have a recipe for corn bread CAKE that is lucious..:-) ok start my day off hungry TYVM lol.. Hope your having a good day.. dont over do with them doors lol..:-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Thanks for the Sunday photos. I hope that your window doesn't create clare on your monitor.

    Sorry to hear that you are still sore. Hope it's better today!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Gray, Its not too bad today, just tender and a little red..not bad..I was lucky..your very welcome..Sometimes the glare is bad but I just adjust the blinds and works ok...
    Hope you have a good day today :-) busy day here..gettin lots done tho.Penny is good :-)
    Take care..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest honey-Lois!
    I am sittin here in my hotel-room, faraway from home... But i am close enough to read about you and your stumps, and it sorta hurts...
    I hope the recovery from the red legs is a rapid one, and that you log on to talk to me sometime tonight... Take care of the whole of you, cuz it belongs to us fans. Yes thats the bad thing of being a netdearie, no privacy at all..... Just a bunch of people that cant get you of their minds. Well that aint sooooooo bad i hope.
    KAO
    ***+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob,, so nice to hear from you. Being on the road is hard, alot to adapt to..If you can keep the net with you I am never far away..

    The scorch seems ok..just tender but I will keep an eye out just in case, never know with me.

    Take care Rob,
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker