ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, November 27, 2006

~Progress being Made~


Penny came by today and we got alot done. We are progressing
She went to the laundromat, It will be nice if and when I ever
get my own washer and dryer. Then she wont have to
lug clothes to the laundry..before, we, my ex and I, had ours,
that was the real time the fight was on as to who had to go to
the laundromat..we both ended up going together only
way to solve that problem..that way we got to keep each
other company..to sit and watch clothes go around for
an hour or 2 is not my idea of fun.. When I lived in Buffalo
there was a drop off laundromat and they would do your
clothes for you..I would take them before work or during
my break..and then pick them up after work..worked good.
I prefer my own anyway..you never know whats been in
those washers before you, although some places they do
take very good care of the machines.

Penny brought up some more things for here and we put
more things away and hung curtains and a couple of
things on the wall..a small mirror over by the desk and
picture..its gold frame is the same as what is around the
picture and looks really nice.. I forgot i had this shelf, I
was talking to Raife about a shelf to display my tea pot
collection and showed him a shelf at a ebay store..I just
happened to think of this one I have.but its wood..color..
lol..I have the white paint..i will just paint it white..put it
well Donnie will put it.hopefully above my table and most
of my teapots should fit on it.. I hope anyway. Painting
it white will really look nice against the blue.. Its so hard
to try to help Penny do these things Im more in the way
than not.. This chair takes up so much room, and when we
are both trying to move around and do stuff shes very
lucky I dont get her toes.. Its funny Dutch knows he can
go thru under my chair..If and when I ever get my power
chair up and running he will probly try to do it on that one
again..He did a quick fast back up before when he saw
that big battery in the way to go through.. he learns fast..

My stump is ok..its red and tender..moreso under neath
where my stump was on the soaked cushion and I just
had to sit..cuz I was here at my desk..I tried to go as fast
as I could to the bathroom to get off the hot cushion and
get my drenched skirt off too..Was a mad rush..then had
to streak thru the house naked cuz all my clothes were
in the bedroom lol. I look at the floors speaking of
streaking..ya..There are so many chips of paint on the floor
in these doorways its funny..and all from me running into
them and chipping off that old dry paint ..comes off really
easy..just a light touch will do it.. Its a daily job to pick up
those paint wall chippies.. My own fault I make my own
messes.. then have to clean them up..Sometimes I just
cant help running into them. My poor knuckes steady have
the hide scraped or ripped off lol..The joys of a chair..

Penny brought a loaf of pumpkin bread she made for me..
its barbaric..but its from a BOX!!! lol.. its good I dont care
where its from lol..I know ..just what I need ..make this chair
shrink even faster..Well I figgure this way.. I enjoy this stuff..I
dont really have a WHOLE lot of joys..you know? so Food is
a biggie..if you can eat what you like then do it I say..lol If I
gain 50 pounds..I would not be happy..but I would still have
enjoyed gaining it LOL then I can have the fun of getting rid
of it..which sure aint easy and I SURE dont wanna lose any
more like I have been doing..thats for sure..NOT that way..

I still worry that something will go wrong..even though I know
its ok..I am waiting for a call about my power chair..they are
taking their sweet time..no news on a ramp either..I can wait
on a ramp..but I will eventually need one.. I just have NO idea
where or how to get one.. I know I cant build it myself..so I
honestly dont know what to do..these places arent helping
me like the commission on aging or the community action
agency- well neither is the United Way..I even called them!!
I dont know.. Maybe Santa will bring me one since it is on
my wish list..so hopefully.. . .I would like to be able to get
out if I have to..with out being carried.. Seems my prince
is just so lost he will never find me ..so..I better make camp
here and wait for the guy lol.. ya.. like im sure hes comin..

Well I am tired..its looking so good in here..really nice and
homey..wait till Dawn sees it..she will like it.. the dark blue
and white with the yellow is great..just cant find daiseys in
the winter time tho lol.. ratz.. Time to go watch my show. I
think its on tonite..Prison Break..boy that brother with the
tats..M M M..what a doll..those eyes will make ya melt..
Nitey Nite! :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? luv ya and thanks bunches!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

10 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    QUOTE LOIS..I tried to go as fast
    as I could to the bathroom to get off the hot cushion and
    get my drenched skirt off too..Was a mad rush..then had
    to streak thru the house naked cuz all my clothes were
    in the bedroom lol.END QUOTE

    Wow if i only had been there..... That would really have being progress made.... I have been in the urnin business too, i tried to burn you know what on a CD, but failed. Im longin for the real thing. Lovely to have at lonely hotelnights...
    Take usual care of whats left of you. : )
    KAO
    ***+*
    Your own
    Rob

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob :-)
    I tried to reach you and missed you. You say the cutest things.. When I am in a hurry I seem to run into the doors alot..well door frames..there are no doors inside here on any room bathroom as well lol...I had to get through the doors! and I forget my hands dont fit.

    Thank God the blinds werent open would probly caused another wreck out side !! lol, can you imagine? lol.."I saw a naked woman in a wheelchair and ran into the tree" lol haha.. :-D
    Take care and just think of me and your nights wont be so lonely honey..Im out here ..I think of you too. Makes me feel so good to know some where someone is thinking of me...my dreams are sweet then, and I am never alone...Nite Dear... :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allo ma Belle;
    Just want to wish you a bon soir.
    A toi,
    Robert

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hello Robert, mon cher,comment allez vous? lol.. I think I need lessons from you..hope all is well there, and so very nice to hear from you as always, hope you have a good evening and sweet dreams tonite..:-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois it sound like you had a big day.....glad you are getting your home the way you want it.....Hoping to get our home painted next month, the paint is free. We have to do the work ourself, hoping to fine someone that will help....Come on down and help if you like...sure hope winter time will let us get it done in Dec, Jan and Feb it will be to cold...Always good to read what you wrote my friend...God bless you...Mary

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes..very fruitful day..I am most pleased..My little house will be perfect very soon..The dark blue and yellow are wonderful, tomorrow is paint day again..but I am taking a chance opening that big pail.. :-)
    I would be happy to come help you
    paint..!! Im missing legs not hands! I can help :-)

    Always good to hear from you Mary..Sweet dreams..and good restful sleep my friend,
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Just you be careful with that white paint!!
    Have you got the glass-paper to rub the shelves down with before you paint?
    Then it's two undercoats (that's where the covering is) and one or two top coats. (that's where the gloss is) Rub down between coats. (You and the shelves both!!!)
    Good luck with the painting and try to get most of it on the shelves and not on you and the floor.
    It's a good job I'm a long way off or you'd kick my butt, I know!! LOL
    Take care, Hon. What a happy thought - you tearing about "in the buff" as we say here!!- Lots of love and great big hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Raife :-)
    I know..Im very leary of it.. I thought I was careful with the blue..if anyone had seen me with that blue paint the more I tried NOT to make a mess the worse it got! :-)

    Glass paper? hmmm..paper with glass in it? OH! Sand Paper? I have to sand this first before I paint it? hmmm well fooey.. I have no sandpaper lol. ratz..

    LOL.. I had to go past the window..and luckily I keep my blinds tilted.. I could see someone seein me and just losing it. they are enuff accidents out front here lol.

    Hope you have a good day today..:-)
    Hows your door hangin? lol :-D

    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    How strange. I commented last night before Rob and it showed up afterward, but it seems to have vanished.

    I think I made an similar comment about my enthusiasm for the image of you streaking in through your place. It would be funny if it wasn't painful.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Gray..hmmm thats strange.. sure you commented on this post? I didnt check the others..Ill look..Blogger is acting up..it wants us all to change to a new format thingie..Sometimes wont even let me publish..You KNOW I am So NOT good at this stuff.. Basic is me lol..

    Well im sorry honey.. I dont remember getting notice of it either..hmmmm not on this post..oh well gotcha now :-)

    Hope your having a good day.. chat soon..Im gonna paint today..so keep your fingers crossed..that BIG pail..i might be taking the bull by the horns so to speak LOL..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker