ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

~I HAD To Promise!~

Ive been ordered home to bedrest and had to promise, but
NOW, I went, was seen, and ALL better be in order. I called
Wright Filippis and Deborah at Health Plan of Michigan and told
them I was going and they better make sure all was done and
what ever I had to do or sign or whatever to get this over..I wasn't
gonna do this twice.. THey assured me all I had to do was have
what they called a 'face to face' the Dr a lovely little blonde thing
named Johnson, very nice..very young. She said he had to see
me before she would agree to something as expensive as this
new chair is going to be, she even had the prices! I was a bit
surprised at that.. anyway that part was done, she signed the
papers, NOW lets see how long it takes for the final end of this
and they bring me my chair..they havent offered me a temp one
again tho lol..

The nurse, a sweet little LPN, named April, that took the details
as to why I was there, took my blood pressure and I forewarned
her that it probly would be high.. and it was VERY high lol.. She
took it twice ... it was 211 over 110. which is explosive level..
the Dr was very concerned and wanted me to go straight over
to the emergency room and I refused.. I assured her it would go
down.. She is really concerned and asked me a few times to go.
she realized I wasn't going to..and I had to promise her I would
get some rest. She sat and looked at my eyes, gave me a script
for some drops.. ordered some blood drawn..and looked at
my fingertips.. She is referring me to the Vascular Dr I had,
and also wants me to see a cardiologist. .so. I went and had
the blood drawn before I left the clinic as its right next to the
hospital.. that was fun.. they have to draw it from a vein that is
on the base of my thumb..only place. the girl that did it ..she
was great!! I honestly did not feel a thing.. I was shocked~!~
Usually it hurts really bad..maybe its numb? lol no..she was
just good and she had the tiny needle a butterfly one lol.just
for me :-)

So, anyway.. I didn't go to the ER, and I have been ordered home
to bed, and rest..and no stress.. I had to come home take a pill
and call her with what my BP was, so if it had not come down
she would add something else to my scripts to lower it. I told her
that It would come down..I was just so extremely stressed out, and
that just the medical stuff and the chair and this house and the
safety things and the bills so high I was extremely stressed lately.
But that the trip to see her was going to hopefully solve a lot of it.
I had to promise to unstress and avoid it for a while and to make
sure I got a lot of bedrest.. I told her I would try very hard..but I
didn't have a laptop..so that meant being up and at my computer
for a while during the day.. So.. I will behave. those stinkin heart
attacks hurt.. lol.. so theres the poopy scoopy :-D I did good..
and my pressure is down .. is 168/94 thats good for me..it
will go down more, trust me.. i hope anyway.

When I got back..my boys? waiting at the door..LB came up to
me almost a glare in his eye..then a look of relief..he rubbed up
against my chair for ME to lean over to pet him, turned a couple
circles..looked me up and down..and went and got back up in
his chair.. Dutch..from the 2nd I rolled into the house he has not
left my side..he rode the back of my chair into the bathroom
with me even.. I rolled thru some mud, we think out front..and we
got mud on the carpet..the front tires have grooves in them..so
he was all interested in mud..I don't think hes ever smelled that
before lol.. he is still sticking to me like glue.. now..how could I
go to the ER knowing these 2 little guys were here all by them
selves just worried sick what was going to happen to them now.
This kinda stuff affects animals the same as kids, if one of the
parents leave.. so.. they is my kids ya know lol..but I am gonna
be ok.. not to worry, I will get lots of bedrest for a while ..well
maybe not BED rest..how about DESK rest? lol..

I didn't mention a biggie on last nites blog that did stop another
stressie.. guess what? Lewis came..with another guy named
Warren..and yup..put in that other window..they had to rig it to
fit , and I asked Lewis.."ohoh, don't tell me they ordered the
wrong size and it will be another month?" He winked at me,
said "don't you worry, we will get it fixed just fine" and they did.
looks great. only thing is they left that stinkin screen down. I
asked him to please take the rubbish from the porch tho this
time and he apologized for not taking it last time, but had
planned to come back the next day and I asked what happened
he said they put him on something else.. Warren said he only
works 2 days a week..and 80 houses? wow..lots of maintence.
I did point out to Lewis about the toilet tho..that it doesn't stop
running most of the time and I didn't hear- it ran all night..He
said probly was the float..but I pointed out the fact that the bowl
was cracked in 2 places and the floor was rotten. And I laughed
when I told him I didn't wanna have my butt sittin down in the
basement when it crashed thru the floor cuz then I would really
be in trouble..he laughed too. I bet he was picturing me going
thru the floor riding that potty :-D.

Well.. I saw my duty, and I dood it and I am keepin my promise
and gonna get some bedrest.. I had a desk rest earlier when
Penny left..she did move the bed..she was so worried bless
her heart ..she kept saying "are you sure your ok?" I bet a
dozen times..shes a sweetie.. so its that time.."Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..thanks and don't
worry all is well at the GORGEOUS WEEBLES' HOUSE..:-D
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

18 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my dear friend - please please please take the advice and rest rest rest!!
    I am going to bed now and will think good positive thoughts about you!!!
    Please rest!
    Kindest regards
    Julie

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Julie..
    thank you so much and thank you for the card as well so cute made me smile..Yes, I will be good. Not to worry.. :-) sweet dreams my friend :-)
    always, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF ... WE NEED YOU ... WE WANT YOU ... WE LOVE YOU ... 'DEED WE DO.

    d
    p

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois so happy that visit with the doctor is over...sure hope you get the new electric wheelchair now fast.
    And your blood pressure goes down where it belong...
    And try not to get upset over thing...thing will alway go wrong from time to time...I know at times that all that seen to happem.
    Have a great night of sleep.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My bp is sometimes as low as 120/70. HHAs can take it in NY state. If the dr thinks yours is high they could order you a machine to monitor your own bp.
    I once got turned down re: giving blood - my bp was too low.

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi D,, well thanks..arent you just sweet to say that :-) so nice to read to start off my day..its 4:19 and im up lol..

    Hi Mary,
    nice to hear from you, I usually do stay pretty easy going until the constant pulling at me makes me react and then I do and get stressed. I guess I Have no patience, If I can do something so can anyone else I feel. lol..I try my best, thats all I can do. and Im not a quitter.

    Hi Momar, I have my own BP monitor since I Have such a problem with it.thats part of the reason I had a nurse coming awhile back..I have some ideas on how to solve the stress thing, I just need a plan of attack lol..hope things are ok by you, I have rare blood type with the RH factor, never have given blood. A RH neg. I think. :-)

    Hope y'all have a great day!
    ALways, Lois ****

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Can I echo D's remarks? Please take care. We can't do without you any more than your Boys can!!
    As for patience, you have shown the most incredible patience in the face of a great tide of incompetence. Take care, Gorgeous Weeble. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Raife,
    All I can do is try my best sometimes I get very discouraged but I wont quit.. I may step back so to speak to let the water simmer for a while..but im just regrouping planning my next plan of attack lol..however this 'step' back may take a little longer this time, but Its not over till its over and done RIGHT! lol..

    Hope all is well by you and you have a really good day, take care
    sweety.. :-)
    always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    You take care of yourself, hear?

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good morning Lois
    I sure hope your day goes will for you.
    It going to be in the low 60 F again today...wow sure love it that way.
    Going to help a friend clean out her wash house this morning while the weather is still nice outside.
    God bless you my friend.
    Mary

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi gray,
    dont have much of a choice,lol..hope all is ok by you..

    Hi Mary,
    little cool here, and no sun yet, not much planned for today other than my councellor should be here later.. have some work to do in the bedroom, but if I take my time and dont get aggravated should be ok..

    Your a good friend Mary, to lots of people, i hope the others appreciate you as much as i do :-)

    Hope y'all have a good one..
    take care..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Hon,

    Well, glad your medical day is over - but overall sounds like it went pretty well. Best thing is that it seems you had some great people working with you. That's always a big help.

    Hope that new chair comes soon. Just got a call yesterday they finally located one for my bro-in-law. Now it's your turn!

    Take care Sweets - bare Hugs as always,

    Butty

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Butty,
    I had to go and glad its over, still will take awhile..they all have to push the paperwork around now .. one of these days maybe tho lol..Im glad your broNlaw got one,

    Hope your day is a good one and your warm and dry :-) good to hear from you ..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    See how many people care for you!! You had better be a good girl and get that BP down and keep it down.
    I am just home from work and am now going to sit down for a while with a nice cup of tea. (Yeah I know - how very English!)
    Julie

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Julie,
    I was raised on tea.my mother was born there and I love it.. I am drinking tea right now as well only mine is iced well cold from the fridge, I have a collection (small one) of teapots lol.. Tea is so good for you . My fav is earl gray .. and green .. guess im english too? lol Im trying to unstress but well been a bit hard, im tryin tho..

    Yes, I have some of the dearest sweetest friends here, I would be so lost with out all of you.. Y'all are one of my many blessings my friend :-) enjoy your tea,, put your feet up and listen to some nice soothing music and just relax and enjoy your time at home.. you deserve it..:-)
    good to hear from you Julie :-)
    Always, Lois ****

    The boys say "purr purr purr" lol.. they are chasing each other right now..guess whos the chaser and who is the chasee? lol..

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do i hope all is well, my dearest dear one?
    YES I DO, and i am shure you are well... It is surely a little scary-shot...Tomorrow all is as normal again, i dont hope it is.... NO I AM SURE.
    Rest and take care of whats left of you, cause it belong to my heart. And by that, to ME.
    KAO´s
    ****+*
    Your own
    Rob

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob,
    Yes all is ok here, not to worry, I hope all is the same for you..Be careful on your journey home to your family and take care ..nice to hear from you, and thanks :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Lois, please take care of yourself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker