ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, February 18, 2007

~I'm NOT A Bed Mover~


I made a big booboo last nite again.. I logged off soon as I
posted and decided I needed to move my bed closer to the
wall since my pillows kept falling down off the bed..When I lay
on my back all the time..I wake up quite often, my hips or my
stumps will really start to ache..if I don't move them to another
position the ache and sometimes even pain wont stop.. So
when I scooch around on my bed to find a comfy position I
push on my pillows, then they get stuffed down on the side
between the wall and the bed and I end up with nothing under
my head..and that wakes me up lol..

When I got up to my bed last nite, even though I was tired as
all get out, I thought about those pillows and having to fight
with them all night ..I have enough with the boy still chasing
shadows.. at least hes moved THAT into the bathroom for
a while.. he found a interesting spot on the wall but keeps
knocking my wreath down to get at it..at least keeps him out
of the bedroom and I can sleep better..well longer at a time
would be better to say :-) but now the problem is the bed is
too far from the wall..I pulled up to the bed..and locked down
of course..and reached down to sort of lift and push the bed
up closer.. I felt this kinda 'twinge'? between my angel wings
as I call them lol.. and it really hurt.. I sat back up ..needless
to say I did NOT move the bed 1 inch even..and noticed that
it really did hurt.. I gave up on moving the bed..and crawled
up on it.. laid there for a while and boy ..I mean hurt? ya..it
did a lot.. I had to keep changing positions most of the night
and I hardly slept at all but I didn't get up..

I found a fairly good position on my right side..and if I put
the pillows just right between my stumps Its kinda ok for a
little while..and it seemed to help my back some too..When
I got up this morning the ache is still there and if I move a
certain way, or to reach something Ive dropped I can feel
it back there.. If I had my power chair I could have probly
pushed that bed through the wall . I bet I could have with that
mutant thing they sent me to use lol..I don't know if Penny
can move it tomorrow either shes so tiny im afraid to let
her try.. I think if my brake would have held better I maybe
could have pushed it..but I had nothing to brace against
to push it last nite..

It being Sunday and photo day I took a few and decided I
liked the one up top better and then saw the next one and
didn't know which one I liked.. Dutch is in both..but the 2nd
one if you look at him..do you see what hes doing? yup..
looking up at shadows on the wall, also note..hes laying on
Kitty.. he is as bad as LB with her, I have 2 of the strangest
cats..they have BOTH been neutered...yet the still 'diddle'
these stuffed ones.. they have NO class..and do that in front
of me!! LB makes sure he does..but he drags his friend all
over..Dutch doesn't or cant..Kitty is big..bigger than him..
I hope you KNOW what I mean by 'DIDDLE', cuz I am NOT
going there :-D lol.. and DONT look at the crooked lamp
shade either lol..Dutch did it :-D

I kinda dread tomorrow..phone calls again..just the thought
makes my head hurt. lol.. But I have to do it.. I hope the
weather stays ok..and we don't get any snow for when I
have to go to the Dr on Wednesday.. If I have to cancel one
more time I will be most upset, I have to see the Dr or NO
chair..at this point let me tell you all this time 6 months now
to get this new chair.. I am SO ready to tell them where they
can take that chair and put it.. I am.. its getting very old..

I havent eaten today and with all this my appetite has gone
down the tubes. I look at my photos tho and don't see a
skinny weeble there.. a GORGEOUS one ..yes.. lol..I say
skinny and as soon as I post this Im going to go and make
a baked potato . I love those things..not sure if I want butter
or gravy on it though lol..decisions decisions. :-) I wish all I
had to do was just decide what I want to eat lol. its that time
again for this GORGEOUS WEEBLE to roll into the kitchen..
Nitey Nite :-)


Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya.. and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

7 Comments:

  • At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bon soir,
    As usual beautiful photos.
    Good night,
    Robert

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Bon Soir Robert..
    thank you ..glad you liked them..so nice to hear from you :-)
    hope you have a good evening and are warm and snug..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    yes if a pillow stay put is a good thing.
    It been a lazy day today for me, nice just to relax and do nothing.
    Have a great night Lois and stay warm.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's 9:45pm 21.45 for the rest of you, and I am tired and it is time to go to bed. If I do not eat I get sick so I always eat 3 square meals a day. You really took good pix of yourself Now for you to just rid of your aches and pains.

     
  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning :-)

    Hi Mary, ya, chasing pillows is not fun lol..those lazy days are good for you..helps to rejuvinate and get you ready to 'roll' :-)

    Hi Momar,thank you so much, how nice of you to say, my appetite from the stress and my dinner company is my microwave..well, doesnt do much for my wanting to eat.. I eat once a day and only because I have to anymore, which losing a few pounds doesnt hurt anyone.

    Hope y'all have a good day and take good care..happy Monday.. :-D
    Always,Lois****

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Why not Butter AND gravy?? You've pulled a muscle in your back, that's what. You need one of your three Masseurs to rub it. Hey, you've got three masseurs, not three musketeers!! LOL ;o)
    Have you got anything you could use as a lever to move that bed? Like a good strong broom handle or something? I suppose it's no good saying "Don't overdo it!" is it? It's what ladies seem to do all the time!!
    Take care, Hon. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    No not one i think would be strong enough, I didnt let Penny, she offered, but shes no bigger than a minute and I would feel awful if she hurt herself.. I can wait..hope all is ok by you..take care :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker