ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, February 19, 2007

~No Call Day~ :-)

Today is Presidents Day, and places are closed here. This
is my excuse for no calling today and sure has made my day
go better.. I woke up at 3am..and my first thought even before
my daily body scan, was "what time is it, who do I have to call
today?" And I was wide awake.. After I got up and really WAS
wide awake I read some mail and of course comments here
always first that I read..but then I got a mail saying today was
Presidents Day, well Yippee! I am using THAT excuse NOT
to make any calls today and gives me 1 more day of reprieve
before starting the phone cycle again..A day with out phone
calls to these places and no mail to get any bills? works for
me real well..:-)

Penny came today and we got de-haired lol.. she got out the
Beast..my big huge black vacuum cleaner and did the boys
chair..the couch, carpet, and looks so nice.. That vacuum
is NOT the easiest to push its not self propelled..its a pusher
thyselfer :-) I have a hard hard time using it..it pushes me! I
have to make sure I lock down before I make that first push
away from me..or I move..not the vacuum it stays in one place.
So each time I go to move it even just a little in either direction
I have to go thru unlock, move, lock..sweep, unlock move,
sweep..until I get the floor done.so you see why it takes
me so long to do a room..and why I call it the beast..The boys
hate it and hide the whole time its out.. I think the sound of the
motor hurts their ears..cats ears are very sensitive to noise..
they are as good a watchdog as a dog. I know when someone
is even NEAR my door.. I knew over at the apt when someone
entered the building because they stare at the door..they know.

Not a whole lot did I do today but work on a story .. I would love
to write a book or take all the stories I already have and put
them into one..be nice to write one and then sell it.. THAT
would be so great..not only being published and accepted as
a real writer but to possibly even get money for it? now how
good is that? I would love it.. I do enjoy writing and have been
told for years, since I was young..and had penpals..or wrote
to family, I got compliments on what I wrote to them.. I like to
try to describe how I feel and what I want to convey so the
one that is reading can feel or smell..or even hear what I did
or saw or felt myself, so they know too.. . My stories have
always seemed to be very well liked.. and many of them are
here..lol.. And what is surprising.. Is I really DONT like to
read..books etc.. I never really have.. I feel it sways what I
write and I don't want that to happen..not counting the fact I
am blind in my left eye and cant hardly see out of the other
anymore and long times spent reading give me a head
ache.. :-D

I have decided I damaged my camera..only logical thing I
could have done since the spare card I had, did have photos
on it I took and that didn't work either.so I fear that something
got damaged inside so that the photos are in the camera
but not transferring onto the cards for some reason.. and I
don't honestly think its fixable.. I hate so bad this happened,
I was having the best time being able to go away from my
computer and take photos, and plus the fact it was a gift
which made it special and now its not working .. makes me
most upset. Good thing my cam still takes photos..although
I am finding out that it wont work on yahoo anymore or any
of the other chat places.. which I never used it that much any
way on there..but still was nice when it did.. Yahoo is mad
at me since I wont upgrade. Im not real keen or one of yahoos
greatest fans anyway.. Its a subject best not to discuss lol..
Many disagree with me on my views of Yahoo Groups.. I
don't like them at all..but that's me..

Sunny day today and our almost 2 feet of snow is going..
Where Robert cleared off the grass for the mail man and
the path along side the house you can see the grass
between the snow piled a foot deep on each side of it..
I do enjoy the winter..but I love all the seasons.. I think
that's the main reason I left Texas to move back up here
to Indiana..I missed the changing seasons. Texas, well
Houston/Pasadena, was very good to me..I had a lovely
home, excellent job..friends..even a hubby then.. but well
I guess that old saying "theres no place like home" and
Indiana was a lot closer to home with its changing seasons
even though HOME was Upper Michigan..and always
will be to me..

They brought a frozen lunch for dinner for today and well I
had NO idea what on earth it was and did NOT keep it..
I had forgotten today was a holiday and no banks on Friday
so I had no cash to get a lunch. I was so sick of soup or a
baked potato I was ready even for just a burger..Penny
had some extra cash and offered to buy lunch for us, and
went and got us a fish sandwich and fries and of course a
slushy/icee that I LOVE from Burger King..was ok..not too
bad.. only problem was after I ate and having gotten up
at 3 am, well I was almost down for the count for a while ..
I didn't take a nap though..so its early log off for me ..
and that means time to say "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one , Y'hear? love ya.. and thanks :-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

12 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one...
    U was sooooo tred the other day, well today its my turn. I have slept through all evening and woke up by the time i am going to sleep again, and i need more sleep (thats the worst thing).......
    Readin this blog is hard cause i am crosseyed. But one thing is still the same as yesterday!!!!!!
    My feelings towards my little netfiance is the same as yesterday, good that hasnt change in my foggy brain after all sleeping.
    Says your own sleeping duty : )
    your own
    ROB
    wishing KAO´s
    ****+*

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois, beening Presidents Day I will do all the shopping Tuesday for the girls...I keep them well stock on food and there personal needs...
    Michael wanted to bake Oatmeal cookies today, and they sure are good eating. Now Michael want a hair cut to look good for school, he love his hair very short. Easy to care for.
    I love eating out too, not much for cooking anymore. It just take to much time and clean up.
    Michael is the one that keep getting me to cook, when he has his own place thing might change around here...Bob and I don't want all those heavy meal. He is 17 years old boy and they like to eat.

    You have a great night my friend, and thank you for all your help.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    tuesday will be going up to the mid 40sF or 12C. I will certainly enjoy the warmth.

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois right now it is 53 F here, had to turn down the heat...I think I will have to run a small fan to sleep. Wow what a change in weather. I like it yes I am smiling.
    Mary

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Here is was three degrees yesterday morning, but it will be much warmer today. I spent the holiday grading papers for a course that I team-teach each spring. This year the class is particularly good and I was astonished at the overall quality of the writing.

    Have a great day, Lois.

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning :-)

    Hi Rob,
    I dont think we ever can get caught up on sleep once we go without. Seems then I wake up tired lol.But get all you need and make sure you eat, or you will get sick! :-)

    Hi Mary,
    Perhaps Michael will be a great Chef one day if he likes to cook. I think that is such a great thing. I love to watch cooking shows IF its down to earth food. Its warmed here some and our roads are clear and lots of the snow has gone.. Just hope today nothing happens since I have to go out tomorrow...

    Hi Momar,
    Soon you will be able to plant your spinach :-)Hope the work on your new house is progressing along.

    Hi Gray~
    Good to hear from you.I forgot was a holiday lol. Hope you have a good day..

    Nice to hear from y'all take care~!
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Hon,

    Hope you enjoyed your no call day. It's above freezing here for the first time in a long time - and supposed to stay there. Finally get rid of some of this ice and crap...

    Take care.

    Bare Hugs,
    Butty

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Butty :-)
    so nice to hear from you..I just hope it stays nice till at least tomorrow afternoon so i can make this Dr. appt. tomorrow so he can verify I still have no legs and could really use a power chair lol..then it can do what it wants. Its cool here not sure of the temp tho..

    Hope you have a great day hon..take care..:-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sweets,

    Well, if he determines you do in fact have legs - you better get up and walk out of that office - lol....

    Love you the way you are!

    Bare Hugs,

    Butty

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Butty,
    Then he sees somthing I dont see lol. I have to do this once a year isnt it stupid? just more to charge the insurance companies and then they all blame paperwork for the delays lol.. they keep on and I will tell them what they can do with that chair lol.
    good to hear from you :-)
    ALways, Lois ****

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    What a pity you don't have a "Kirby" They are great, very heavy, but they pull themselves along. In the U.K. they are VERY expensive.
    We have the same problem here of Govt. not trusting the profesionals. Not teachers, not nurses, not doctors, not cops. It's all got to go down on paper. I guess they think that everyone is as big a rogue as they are!!
    Take care, Hon. Lots of Love and Great Big Hugs for my Fav Weeble from
    Raife

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    Gee think that kirby give me a ride? lol..They are great machines. Its a standard excuse,paperwork or blame someone else.. I might have a bit of fun at that dr tomorrow. lol..
    hope you had a good day today :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker