ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, March 16, 2007

~What To Write~

Can you believe it I just have NO idea what to write about
today.. My mind is a total blank..well, no ..Im sitting here
thinking how tired I am and its only 430 and when I post
this at 5 which ive been trying to do..and I go to bed by
6 or so, depending on how many replys I have to send in
email..which lately havent been that many. I don't really
email as much as I used to, but I only get mail from a
certain few..and then not but maybe once a week if that.
I enjoy email though.. I use that Incredimail program, I
like it.. I did learn the hard way on that like I did my other
stuff on this computer .. NEVER upgrade ..I found out
real fast.. I upgraded my Windows Media..and I had to
do a total systems restore to get my Incredimail back.
and with out that ..well I would be most upset..Its a fun
thing.. all you can do with it.. and it keeps me out of a lot
of trouble too..I really don't get into trouble though not very
much anyway lol..

I had been thinking of my cousin June up North and the
family still up there. I have a cousin Ronnie, that well hes
been a favorite cousin of mine since I was a little girl. Hes
so handsome..always was .. and the sweetest man. Hes
like a bigger version of my dad. His father was my dad's
brother Richard. Ronnie has always been an out doors guy,
he worked for the county and plowed roads in the winter
and did the cutting on the sides of the roads during the
summers..He and my dad went hunting a lot or fishing.
Ronnie built a log cabin up on a hill overlooking a lake..
and built a bunk house and all the other buildings himself.
He cut the trees and took them to his father in laws saw
mill and built his cabin..The lake..Cable Lake..is a trophy
lake.. which means you can only take HUGE fish..over a
certain size ..they do that so the smaller ones can grow to
be huge and then when you are lucky to catch one you know
its going to be a huge fish..mainly Northern Pike..Like the
one I caught only even bigger than that..They get big. Many
times Ronnie has had to cut trees or plow the road to get
to his cabin..very few live on this lake as most of it is privately
owned. Its a wonderful place, very remote..

I wonder sometimes since I became an amputee about how
I would swim, if I would sink like a rock.. I was a very good
swimmer before..and I would guess I still would be ..just not
have the 'kick' power I did before and do like I do now..just
use my arms more to keep myself afloat..I know how to do
that and that doesn't take legs..so I would think I could.. be
interesting to find out.. I don't and well wont go to that health
club down the road to use the pool.. I cant do that. If I had a
pool of my own..or knew someone that did have a private
one..but im not going into a public pool..no way..Ive heard
too many ugly stories about that and as easily as I get Crap,
infections etc . no Im not going there..

As sensitive as the scar is on my left stump I wouldn't dare..I
can just look at that thing wrong and it will flare up and get
red and mean looking..so I don't temp fate with these things..
specially my left.. I have never had that first bit of healing
trouble with my right..well yes I did..where they had done a
angio gram and gone in thru my groin..it got infected and I
had to have that cleaned and scraped.. I was in hospital
for that though and I don't remember a lot of it.. That first
year of hell as I call it..in 2000 , I honestly don't remember
a lot and I cant put months or dates on what happened
that year like a lot of stuff in 2001, I remember what did
happen but lots seems like I dreamt it and I wasn't sure if
it was real and did happen.

I know just after my 1st lower amputation..when I had just
had it done.. I woke up in the middle of the night..and
I had to potty..well I looked around for the nurse..saw the
door to the bathroom and got up and hit the floor..I woke
up and had, I guess just forgotten that that right leg was gone.
but its like now..I still feel them, I know where my feet are all
the time..most of the time they feel cramped and just plain
hurt..well not plain .but HURT lol..and ache..sometimes my
toes, I can feel each one and they each hurt and feel so tight
and cramped that I have to concentrate on them really hard
as that is the only way I can get it thru to my brain, "hey,
the toes are really GONE!"

Donnie is doing ok..not a happy camper. I knew he would
not be. I called and checked on him tonite and he was in
the tub..hes so active and this is hard on him to sit still..I
think he has his computer up and running so he may get
on line for something to do..and too he has the dog and the
cat to keep him company while Dawn is at work, when she
gets home she just baby's him..but hes a good guy and he
deserves it..I hate to see him hurt..but I guess all moms are
that way..I had to yell at the boys here today for the stuff
they were getting into and Dutch tore down the curtain here
on the window by the couch.. I hate when I have to yell at
them I feel so bad and guilty..makes me just wanna take
them off so it wont happen again..thats why I sleep with the
light on now ..just to stop his shadow chasing and its working
good. I get to sleep for longer lengths of time..and the light
on doesnt bother me at all, im used to it..when Im tired my
eyes close so I dont know its on :-) Im off so is it :-)

I said at the beginning I didn't know what to write and well
I think I found something as this is the seventh paragraph :-)
I can go to so many different thoughts in such a short time
that then when I try to remember what the very first one is.
I don't remember! I hate when that happens :-) well I know
what I have to write now..cuz I need some of that chili that
Penny made for me today and then Im gonna TRY and
watch some TV ..I say that EVERY nite and never get to
see a whole program :-) but I do know what to write now,
and that's "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now , Y'hear? love ya ..and thanks. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

5 Comments:

  • At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A swimming story: Once there was a guy who was a quadriplegic. He used swimming as physical therapy. An art professor at UCLA made a film of the guy in a pool and it was called *gravity is my enemy,* That was the first film made by the professor. He was in the art dept. not the film dept at UCLA. PS it was his first film and it won an oscar. Later the guy made a documentary of me.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sweet dream Lois. It been a nice long day....Going to Okla Aquarium in Jenks Okla Saturday...hoping to be on the road at 7 A.M. should be back around 8 P.M. It just a 2 hours from here I think....
    We got the church all clean up for Sunday....
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:38 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Momar,
    A Documentary of you? And I have not seen it? Please share! I have heard swimming is a good therapy, I would think be most refreshing for me as it would be the closest to standing I would think.. your so interesting :-)What of the new documentary?

    Thank you Mary,That will be wonderful..the last aquarium I was at was in Hawaii, was excellent, Hawaii is a truly wonderous place. I loved it there. You are a good woman Mary, Im glad your my friend, and I appreciate and look forward to hearing from you..

    Hope you have a good day, Happy ST. Pattys Day :-) wonder how I type in Green on here :-D aint easy being green you know LOL .. :-D

    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,Honey,
    You wouldnt have any bother swimming.
    When I try to just float, still, in the water, on my back, it's always my legs that sink. I have to stretch my arms above my head to balance. Without legs, or with lovely little ones, you wouldn't have any bother at all. Stephani Victor and Dr. Britta Siegers don't have any problems at all. Stephani is also a mono-ski champion of Olympic standard!! Both are nearly as attractive as my favourite Weeble!!
    Take care, Hon. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    I really didnt think I would, I was always a good swimmer...probly the only big difference now would be that the kiddie pool would be just right for me ! :-D
    Hope your having a good day, nice to hear from you.. :-)
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker