ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, May 19, 2007

~Who's That?~

I take these photos of myself..and I go thru them from time
to time, I look at them..and I KNOW its me..but then, I look
and I don't see ME. I just do not recognize myself as looking
like that. I had a floor length mirror and sometimes I would
sit and just look at myself..up and down..I would try to imagine
where my knees were and where my feet would be. I can
feel them there, and then to see that I am seeing nothing, it
just doesn't seem to register. Its like "WHO is THAT?"

When I get the phantoms, and a cramp or that ice pick starts
jabbing my heel..or when I get a bad charlyhorse in the calf
of my leg. I put my hands over the ends of my stumps..and
try to really concentrate on the fact that they are gone..and
it still doesn't work. They still feel that they are there. I had
phantoms so bad that my whole stump would move, like
It was jumping each time that ice pick jabbed my heel or
when it felt like a hand was squeezing the muscle in my
leg, my toes when they cramp and my whole foot feels
like its there but on backwards, or I am on my very tip of
my toes and super cramped up.. I don't understand why
my head wont accept it that they are gone..It knows how
smart I am :-D...

I notice the more I do of a day, cleaning or reaching, things
I really shouldn't do I notice by evening I am having a hard
time to sit as both of my stumps are aching and I have to
steady move and shift my weight around to relieve the
achyness..Some times by the time I post here I am so
very ready to get out of this chair I cant stand it, and I just
close everything done whether Ive finished everything I
needed to do or not. When I do finally get in there on my
bed it takes a while to get them to settle.. I find if I lay on
my back as flat as I can and do my stumpercizes, like a
range of motion for each one it helps..they seem to calm
down and I can actually feel that my invisible leg is where
its supposed to be flat out in front of me.. When I wake I
lay for a minute to see where I am and what do I feel.

I know I did a lot yesterday, we both did, Penny is a very
hard worker and so very nice. She does an excellent job.
She has fun playing with the boys, they wait for her, they
know when she is sposta be here. Dutch even gets
pouty after she leaves sometimes. My bed room looks
nice, still more to do in it..as I want to get a bigger closet
or wardrobe I guess it would be. I hate when my clothes
are just jammed in a closet and get all wrinkled... Drives
me batty,just like if I see cat hair on me, which is a never
ending battle. But that's just something you put up with
when you have kitties.. I keep threatening to get a new
baby but I dunno if the boys would like that..be fun tho
to have a baby one.. I wish I could have a dog..but as
small as this place is there is just not enough room for
one..the fight would be on then.. I woke up this morning
with all 3 cats in bed with me..I don't like when LB puts
his girlfriend up on my bed, but I cant say anything to
him..he loves her dearly.. If that stuffed cat ever falls
apart I don't know what LB will do.. He drags that cat
all over in here..hes embarrassing, but a good kid.

Its actually cool in here today and I love it and am savoring
every second cuz I know how hot its gonna be this summer.
I tried to turn on the ceiling fan and LB is still scared of it. I
am going to try to turn it on every now and then and maybe
he wont be so afraid of it.. I cant imagine what he thinks it
could be.. I havent heard if Donnies parents made it here,
I will call a little later on..They are really great people, they
live in Wisconsin..about a 3 hour drive or so from here.
They like coming to visit Donnie now since he lives on a
lake..specially Bill..he gets on the pontoon and has big
fun fishing with Donnie..they both love to fish.. First time
he took his dad on the pontoon, Bill fell getting on it cuz
the dock was higher...when Bill left Donnie lowered his
dock..he said "my dad will never fall again on my boat"
hes a good son...

Time to close this down and get my GORGEOUS
WEEBLE butt out of this chair for the rest of the night
and go and watch TV and do some stumpercizes.. I
am hungry too..I think another slice of that good bread
will be just what I need.. I need to say "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya and thanks!!
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

4 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My cats: Star wears a white fur coat and she used to be wild - she has unusual habits like covering her food.
    Little Fredrika really trusts me - she can be very affectionate

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,Honey,
    Sounds to me as if you are like my "Management" here - you go at everything like a bat out of hell - no "take five" much less "take ten" and you end up knackered!! Now, if you just took a break every now and then and did a few stumpercises, maybe you could keep those blooming old phantoms at bay?
    Take care, Honey, L.O.L. & G.B.H. From
    Raife

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    QUOTE LOIS:I don't understand why
    my head wont accept it that they are gone..It knows how
    smart I am :-D...:END QUOTE

    Honeydear you know that you are smart, because i allways tell you that you are, so that thought yopu can leave.....
    But regarding your new and (in my opinion) beautiful body, i understand it must be hard to realize that this new body is you... I mean you KNOW it and can feel the scars and the rounded stumpends, and the unability to stand on your feets. But we who looks at your pics every day, we see you mirrored more often than you do. And honey it is not so many years you have been shortened? It takes time you know, i mean i cant do things i did with my hand before i had a surgery on it, and still i try evryday. And that operation was performed some ten years ago... So you see it is all in the mind, and the mind is STRONG. And the mind is VERY strong on people that are clever, and i know that you really are my dear. So with your cleverness. you have to get used to fight against your brain. And that is a battle you gonna loose, you smart, intelligent, clever, beautyful, softvoiced, curved, unlegged lovely woman of mine!!!!
    KAO´s
    ****+*
    From your own
    R O B

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar...so nice to hear from you..I love cats they have such attitude ..just like me lol..

    Hi Raife..
    Well when there is something has to be done it needs to be done..and over. thats how you do stuff.. :-)

    Rob,
    your so sweet and write the nicest things..you need to write a book. I
    wish I could but I just dont know how.. thanks for all the dear sweet things you say..your a dear man.. :-*

    Y'all have a great day..thanks for stopping by and letting me know..

    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker