ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

~Little Stressers~


Today was sort of an aggravating day full of little tiny things that if
you let it will put you into a snit. :-) so.. about 3, 4 times today I have
had to count to 10 and just sat back and relaxed. Little stressers can
be worse than big ones sometimes... I had today all planned for
mine and Penny's attack on the basement.. well I guess she had a
power outage by her, which we didn't, and anyway when she wasn't
here by 9:20 when she is due by 9 I phoned..and she had overslept.
That happens..most alarm clock radios.. mine does..has a battery
back up just for that reason.. and me, I don't need an alarm.. I set
the one in my head and I get up... so she was late..the start ....

The other little stressers were, I havent heard from the home nurse,
so I don't know what the problem is .something about a referrer or
something.. well I called Erica and questioned as to what was up. this
was to have been done Monday, or at least by yesterday.. so I guess I
don't need to worry about anything since obviously my doctor doesn't
seem to be as concerned as she was when I was there..That was two
times of counting when I talked to the office.. So I again mentioned my
BP monitor is broken, would they send a prescription to my insurance
or aps or someone so I can get a new one..well Im not holding my
breathe on this either..THEN I had to call my insurance lady, Deborah,
who is on vacation till next Monday, she had a replacement but she has
yet to call me back...

So THEN.. I GET a call from the Farm Bureau Insurance I called two weeks
ago for a renters insurance policy.. She informed me that she had gone by
and seen the roof being repaired and that she didn't think she would be
able to write a policy until it is finished.. I told her I wasn't insuring this house.
MY belongings.. she said didn't matter..bad building could cause damage to
my things and then the insurance pays.. I told her..if something happens to
MY things because of this roof or any part of this house being bad MY
insurance would NOT pay.. I would see to it that Chris and his father did.. I
have this place too well documented on their lack of upkeep and the condition
this place was in and STILL is.. But well I guess when they are done with the
roof, then I can get insurance..hell of a note... Oh..and NO Penny said they
only just barely have HALF of the roof done!!! *SIGH*
The top photo shows what was going on all day out there. The
electric company is cutting trees, no they arent they have a tree
company that goes out and butchers the trees! What they did to those
next door.. well I hope they don't do that to these! Look at the photos.
Do you see what they did? they took all the limbs OFF the wire side
of the tree, thus leaving all the weight on the side where the house is!
They would have been better off to take the whole tree down.. I sat
and watched what they did. I had a tree service with Willie, I can look
at a tree and tell you what needs done to it.. What they did.. well.. they
are doing that to everyones trees and I think its a shame.. That's Chris
my lunch delivery girl..shes very nice..and that's her jeep parked there.
They finished butchering that first tree and went to the second..
Its bigger than this first one.. Look up top of that tree..see all
those tall branches sticking up? that tree needs topped.. rounded
taken care of.. so many people don't realize that trees are an
asset to property not counting all the great things they provide...
People only think about caring for them when strong winds or
worse go thru and rip them out or much worse drop them on
their houses.. The machine behind the bigger truck is the chipper.
They can take branches and put them in on that left side and you
can see a chute type thing aimed at the back of that bigger truck
it chops everything up and shoots it into that and then a lot of the
tree services sell it for mulch or what ever.. They cut and stacked
the wood at the bottom of the tree. If they don't want it.. I know
someone that will take it.. Donnie.. Hes always looking for wood..

Well, I did and didn't get a lot accomplished today and I will HONESTLY
admit I have been in a really bad mood..then after Penny left..well before
she left she used the big beast vacuum cleaner that LB is terrified of..I
always make sure I see both of the boys after someone has been in and
out of here.. Well LB hid..and would NOT come out for almost an hour.
BY then I am thinking the worst and in a panic.. I had NO idea where he
could be.. I looked everywhere.. Well the phone rang, was the heart scan
place and while I am talking here he comes out of my bedroom..and I
looked under there..well I didn't look but I used my long grabber to feel..
I was mad, and glad all at once.. Kids..


My little stresses day is just about done ..and I think I need to just get
away from this puter and go and watch tv..Wednesday nite..hmm LOST
used to be on .. oh well I probly wont get to see much of anything any
ways.. I find that shut off button for me too fast that's on that clicker !
The arm is not better but it is not worse..not to worry "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks.. :-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois

    Butchering the trees is right, and they are doing the same thing here...I wonder if the tree going to fall on the houses, and what about if a high wind storm come up...I wonder if they can sue the city for taking all the limb off one side of a tree...
    Yes battery back up is the only way to go...Now I use my cell phone, It goes everywhere I go. Right now I am using a pre paid cell trying to save money. It meet most of all my need plus saves me 28 dollars a month.
    One of these days I might not need a cell phone.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I was married and living on Long Island, we had above ground electricity. In NYC it is mostly underground. We had large trees in the back yard - Lilco would come around every so often and trim trees so that branches didn't rub up against the wires. Yes, the trees had unusual cuts so branches wouldn't rub the wires.

     
  • At 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Of course, if you butcher a tree and leave it in a potentially dangerous state, you will be called out again to fix it - more work - more pay. If you cut the tree down - no more work - no extra pay, or am I being cynical??
    In Rip-off Britain, I'm afraid I always look for an ulterior motive!!!
    Take care, Honey. Nobody will ever rip you off, you've got too much of that very uncommon thing, common sense, for that.
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes they did a bad job... I dont have a cell. But theyre good to have.

    Hi Momar,
    Yes, they have to be kept trimmed to really benefit from them..they need care like everything..

    Hi Raife,
    thats what he said they would do if necessary..and they will or better!

    Good to hear from you :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker