ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, August 23, 2007

~They Got Mine Too~


That's the foreman of the tree crew standing at the end of the
flower box there, looking at my tree.. that came this morning and
deformed my tree out front. I havent been out to see how they did,
but well I raised a stink today about how they did the neighbors
across the road.. When I heard them outside there, I opened the
door and that man standing right there I told him straight out they
better not butcher my tree, if they do, they will come back and totally
take it out..remove the stump AND REPLACE the tree.. I asked
him how long he had been doing tree work..he said 25 years.. I
asked him to be honest about what they did to the neighbors tree,
and he agreed it did NOT look good at all..but according to the
power company the branches have to be 20 feet away from the
wires.. well ok.. but then take the whole tree..don't leave something
as dangerous as what I see next door!
You see him and his bucket man, pointing to what to cut and not to.
Well they butchered the tree from what I could see from the porch..
I called the AE electric company that hires Asplundh Tree Service to
trim their trees..they passed my call down the line till I ended up talking
to a guy not far from here.. Well about 1 or so..that man pointing and
the guy I talked to from the electric company came by and talked to
me..both were very nice... Jason I believe was the power company guy.
Well I told him what I thought..and I said its a shame that they can do this
to the trees.. That if they had kept up a regular maintenance program
this may not have had to happen.. He admitted this street looks pathetic
the trees almost raped.. its a shame.. look at the difference in the next
two photos..
That's Robert cutting the grass but look across over next door,
I know I have other photos but I just didn't feel like digging them out..
I still don't feel the greatest..But you can see that tree there.. They
went back over there today after they got mine.. I cant believe BOTH
those guys admitted what a crap job they have to do..HAVE to do..
Aslplundh does.. and the power company says..they have the right to..
I told them to move the lines underground.. save us from our monthly
power outages... Look at the tree..then..scroll down now to the next
There you have it.. Is that pitiful? Do you know how that lets the
hot after noon sun here? If we get a storm..well I wouldn't vouch for
that tree.. If they don't ask for it to be removed..well.. then they must
not care too much for that house.. Look at the top? see it needs
topped down.. you cant see all the dead wood in them all.. People
don't take care of them.. Trees are such an asset..add value to a
property..but they need care just like the grass needs cut..they need
deadwooded.. you find branches on the ground after a wind storm?
they need thinned..so the wind can get through during a storm..or
they can be twisted right out of the ground.. they need topped..see how
high up and tall skinny branches? it needs cut down.. shaped..and a
tree will out live generations.. They are so needed.. I guess being
raised in the middle of a national forrest I love trees.. and seeing this
well it makes me sick..and I told that nice Asplundh guy..don't brag he
works for them and does the horrible bidding of the electric company
to ruin something so beautiful... shame..

Well enough of the tree saga.. but it makes me mad.. Theresa was
here today when those 2 guys came to talk to me .. When they left..
she laughed.. she said " Lois..look at them shaking their heads out
there..I bet they wish they had never come in here for all you told them"
we laughed..well I hope every one complains.. She gets a kick out
of me and how I just say what I think and I wont accept less than what
is right.. Ive always been like this.. I told her..If someone doesn't like
the way I look..don't look at me.. if you don't want to hear what I have
to say..well then don't include me in the conversation..I wont lie and I
always reserve the right to say what I think.. Right is right.. wrong is
wrong.. Period.. anyway....

I got a call from Carla at COA and they have started a program that
will provide frozen dinners on the weekend.. Their frozen dinners
are NOT the left over ones from lunch.. thank goodness..but from a
company and I have had them before..theyre really good..in fact I
have to say better than some of the stuff you get from COA.. Since
Ive had this infection I have just NOT felt up to par.. I get so tired..
and just no energy... So until this is gone..these dinners will help..
Good thing this not feeling good hasnt affected my mouth hey?
Geez those 2 guys wouldn't have ringing in their ears then would
they from me ? :-D..

Im wearing down..and need to get out of this chair..Thanks for all
your loving concern.. My arm is a tad better in a way and in a way
the same.. its still sore and red and very hot.. but I think the color
is not as bad.. Ive still not gotten a call about the nurse or the bone
doctor..so guess what that means tomorrow? Right now Im getting
some lime kool aid and mixing it with sugar of course, in a bottle
of water.. I have a kool aid jug and I dump 2 packages of lime kool
aid and a cup or so of sugar..then I have a scoopie ..and I use 2
and half of those dumped into the bottle of water..shake it and drink..
good stuff maynard.. I love lime.. There you have it.. "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!!! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love all the great pictures you have here...
    It been a very long day again, I hope this day never happen ever again...Pam is not doing well at all...Doc gaving her an increase in med, it should have been done a few weeks ago...she is running a fever 102 right now...Not for sure what doing on right now with her.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In NYC most of the main wiring is underground. It costs a lot of money to put wiring underground. Con Edison, must have had a special bond issue to pay for that.
    re: kool-aid. I take 16 oz. of coffe, iced-tea, koolaid and water to work. It is necessary when the temp goes over 32C 0r 90F.

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    That's the way - Sock it to 'em, Gal!! Like you say, you may be in a wheelchair but NO ONE pushes you around!! ;o) And if anyone knows anything about stumps, it's you!!
    Hope that storm blew through without causing any damage yesterday.
    Take care, Honey. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Im glad you like them, I enjoy taking them.. Sorry to hear about Pam.. I hope she gets better...Keep me updated.

    Hi Momar,
    I wish it was here. The trees look awful... I love Kool Aid

    Hi Raife!
    Well they needed to know lol...Yes I do know about stumps :) all kinds... Lots of storm damage..many without power... hope its done...

    Good to hear from you. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker