ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, August 24, 2007

~We Had A Bad Storm~


We had a bad storm last night.. trees down and lots of people
without power.. Penny, Donnie, even Chris the lunch girl are all
without power.. Im kinda glad I live close to the hospital..Chris
said she heard they probly wont get power back for a few days.
I guess some trees went down across some lines.. I don't worry
about Donnie, he has a generator, and can supply his house..
It was really bad last nite.. Donnie had called about 8 and asked
if I had power, which I did, they didn't so I reminded him NOT to
open the freezers till he knew the power was back..or if he did
use his generator.. He takes that thing with him when he goes
to the races..easier than using gas for the lights and stuff, and I
don't think they have places for hook ups ..

My yard looks like it rained leaves and sticks and branches..
First thing I did was see if that tree across the street made it..
across from it are branches down under the row of trees over
there it was that bad.. Penny came today and went out and got
up some of them, I guess someones trash got blown away too
as some of it was in my yard as well...My tomato plants took a
beating, while she was out there she retied them up..My two
babies out there the branch got broken so she brought them in.
They look so nice and I KNOW are going to taste even better..

Ive been taking my anti biotics twice a day and my arm is some
what improved..still VERY hot..and red..the rash is worse and I
am wondering if I am allergic to this cream...The whole end of
my elbow..the skin has peeled off.. It felt rough last nite and I got
out my mirror, its the only way I can see it unless I use my cam..
I looked and the whole tip was peeling off.. I very carefully removed
what was safe to take off.. I didn't want to chance making an open
spot..that would not be good..it is still very sore and I cant put any
weight on it.. and the swelling is there.. No one has called me to
give me an appt date and I have no idea who or whom they plan
to send me to.. Ive not heard about the nurse either.. I called again
yesterday late, and the girl that was left there apparently the 2 main
girls left, she had NO idea what I was talking about..so.. I waited
today to see if they will call me.. as of 2 pm..they have not called me.

I decided I didn't want to fight with anyone today and then have a
stressful week end and no way to fix anything so I don't stir the pot
so to speak on friday..If I find out crap on Fridays then I worry about
it all week end and theres no way I can do anything specially if its
phone calls to places.. So Fridays I leave them all alone..then I can
sleep late on Saturday and wake up not worrying about a lot.. I still
worry about stuff ,,, that's my middle name.. If I get a call and some
one says they have something to tell me I always ask if its some
thing I need to worry about.. when they say "no" then I tell them they
can tell me :-) I worry about everything.. I always have.. I make the
kids or company always call me so I know they have made it home
safely.. When Willie was here, Kelli got so upset..she said "Gran,
Papa didn't even call and tell me he made it home and knows he
is supposed to". I reminded her that we all like knowing that.

Tomorrow I get the Angel Food Ministries Food.. I am anxious to
see and try it out.. From what I hear its very good.. If it is I will
order next months as well.. I want to try it first.. It doesn't have to
be reordered for 2 weeks.. Right now im gonna try to get out to
my kitchen without bumping this elbow again.. I got it good last
night when I got up to potty, storm woke me up...and I was sleepy
and I hit it on the door way going out of the bathroom ..there are
nails or something sticking up and I got hung up ..when I reached
back to get more push I hit it.. that hurt ! I couldn't go back to
sleep after that smack for quite a while.. so CAREFULLY this
GORGEOUS WEEBLE is going to roll out and get some lime
kool aid.. Thanks again for all your loving concern.. means so
much to me.. I appreciate the comments too.. Y'all are great..
"nitey nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya.. and THANKS!!! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when we had our storm, it was less than a block wide. I was on the north side and my new house was on the south side. After 2 weeks, not all the downed tree limbs have been picked up. I will call my daughter in Chicago - they are supposed to have had a bad storm with lots of power outages.

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    It is raining here right now, going to get off the computer real soon...it been doing some lighting .
    Take pictures of your yard after the storm, so we can see the leaves and thing...
    Get a whole of your Dr Monday about your arm ok.
    We love you and want you well.

    God bless you
    Mary

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    We are having rain again today I see power company trucks every so often..half the town doesnt have power from the other day! Yes Chicago had some nasty stuff and the buggars sent it across that lake to us!! :-)

    Hi Mary,
    All its doing today is rain. Im glad but boy my grass will be butt high pretty soon! Take a bush hog to cut it... lol... Yes I plan to call monday, its not worse, but not better either..

    Hope Y'all have a great sat day..note SAT Mary, Momar? Find some time to do that today ! :-)

    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker