ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

~Better Pressure~ :-)

Well seems my blood pressure perhaps is getting under
control.. The nurse was here today and its just about right.
was 170/74 or something like that.. which is pretty good.
Im glad.. I had discussed with her my issues with my Dr and
the nurses there and she did agree that a different Dr every
time you go isnt a really good thing.. There is a new doctor,
a woman, that is taking new patients..and I may go and see
her just to have ONE doctor.. I know im not deathly ill or have
any really serious stuff but things that do need to be kept a
check on to keep them under control.. so I seriously think I
will change Drs.. I did call about the med for my elbow..and
the nurse said the Dr didn't think that I needed to redo the
med for it, something happens, if I have any more trouble
with it again to call them back.. Its not totally pain free but it
is a lot better.. some spots I cant touch but over all I can
handle this..

The nurse and I were discussing phantoms today and I tried
to explain to her just how they feel and it is really hard to
describe something that someone would possibly never feel.
I told her about Monday when Penny was here and cleaning
the wheels of my chair for me.. I can do it..but its not easy ,
the steady bending and reaching..So anyway.. As Penny is
cleaning.. I feel every touch she makes to this chair.. well its
part of me now..its attached :-)..I was sitting here feeling her
touching my chair..and I found myself moving my legs..and
feet to get them out of the way so she could wipe off the tires.
I had to laugh..and told her what I was doing..she laughed too..
The nurse, Tracy, was amazed when I told her if I think real
REAL hard.. I can move each toe.. I can feel them move.. I
can swing my legs..side to side only tho..not out in front of me
like lifting your leg straight out in front of you..I cant do that..
It seems strange since they will go side to side so easily..
I cant always feel my toes.. but I feel the whole foot.. I told her
how sometimes the pain is REAL..she said a study has
proven that these pains are as bad as if the limb was still there
and being hurt.. so maybe that has advanced.. I have an
appointment Oct 2nd with the vascular Dr..

I wasn't going to go to him.. but if I can get a little relief from the
phantoms.. that would be nice..but if not that's ok..then you just
have to endure it.. My fingers on my hands..the tips.. the index
on my right and the middle ring finger..the ends tingle a lot.. and
the ends go to sleep a lot lately.. both hands the tips are dark,
Tracy noticed that today too.. So I will go and see what they say,
I am really curious about the phantoms..and I want to know why
in each of my stumps there is a spot..if I move the bone it will
hit a certain area and it HURTS.. Id like to know.. Ive started a
list of questions.. I might as well find out all I can.. I hope they
don't want to do testing and crap.. just to see if and where and
how much is blocked ..and then say "WAIT" till it gets badder..
but I do want to know if perhaps there is something to just get
a little relief.. specially when it really acts up..I think a lot of it
is hips..which I want to know too..

I know when I lay on my right side.. my hips hurt.. specially the
left.. I know its cuz laying on my side puts pressure on the hip
since that stump is longer by at least...4 inches or so? Just
that little bit does make a difference..but too I think my left
stump is heavier than my right.. and why that is I don't know..
If anything I would think since when I transfer I always use
my left to lead out with that it would be firmer and possibly
smaller.. It could be because of that binder I wore..but then
that was 5 years ago.. but they are different ..in size, shape
and definitely looks.. I would like some relief tho and some
answers so I guess that's the place to logically start.. :-)

The next starting point is in the kitchen where im going to start
my countdown to bedtime.. I got up again at 4 this morning and
I have to say I really AM tired to nite..We got a lot done today,
and Im glad.. Im trying to sell my recliner and made some signs
and Penny took them around for me..Hopefully I may be able
to get a few hundred out of it..if this move goes thru I will need
it for deposit etc.. I know Chris will be just as lax getting that to
me as he is in doing every thing else if I do move..

Food.. Kool Aid.. TV.. sleep.. hopefully in that order :-)
"nitey nite"

Y'all have a good one now, y'hear? love ya..and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois that great your blood pressure is under control...hope it stay that way.
    Pam has a woman Dr, for her they are the best. My Dr is also a woman,and I kind of like that too.
    Pam not doing very well this evening...not for sure what to do yet.
    It late and got a very busy day Thursday, going to be moving clothes closet from the church to another building...it got to big for the space we had for it.The other building has 3 big rooms, plus a kitchen,bathroom and back porch. And lots of parking space too. The Church give clothes away to who ever need them...and sometimes there are kitchen thing that come in too, all given away.
    I pray you have a great day Lois.
    God bless you
    Mary

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    Phantoms can be good, and phantoms can be bad...... Sorry you mostly got them bad ones.
    I have sort of phantomfeelings when i think about you, yeah thats true! If i think hard about it i can feel me near you, and thats a good feeling. Now i am workin on getting those brainphantoms real, and to really meet with you in person. One day i will meet you and help you with your daily tasks, and finally get a chance to show you the real me. The caring friend of yours, that i so much would like to be.
    Just now we are separated with a big sea, and lots of mileage. But someday we can kick the phantom away and unite in a REAL hug.
    Mmmmm wonderful thought, on a wonderful day. Its sunny here today, and as usual a lot to do... But i wrote this on your blog, despite having short time. So, be proud you sweet woman!!!!
    Kisses all over yoursweetself
    from your own
    ROB

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Mary,
    Keystone used to get alot of things donated, left over from yard sales etc..lots of good stuff helped alot of people.. Dont work too hard and overdo now Mary.. take care of you Too!

    Hi Rob,
    So nice to hear from you...Phantoms are really real..I cant tell they arent.. Phantom hugs be ok..but the REAL good squeezy huggy kind are ALWYAYS best in person .. :-) One of these days I may make it to Europe.. be a great holiday! Just those planes.. Im a chicken and they cant fly either :-D

    Hope you have a good day! :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad your bp is down Hon - must be from talking to me - lol.

    Sorry about the phantoms - hope you can get an answer on that. Guess I'l just have to come and massage your legs for you!

    Take care - bare Huggers,

    Butty

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi!, Honey,
    That's very good news, that your B.P. is down about where it should be. You had me worried, there - I saw what uncontrolled, high B.P. did to my Mum.
    I hope you can get some answers on those phantoms, too. Mind you, I think "Butty" has the right idea!! ;o)
    Take care Honey, L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker