ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, September 17, 2007

~Feelin Tired~ :-(

For some reason I am going thru this snit of just feeling
crappy and tired.. I slept last nite and didn't get up till 8
this morning..and yet I have been tired all this whole day long..
I guess all the stuff the past few months have caught up and
I just have to do a slow down and get re vitalized so to speak.
sounds good anyway.. A nice vacation probly would do the
trick too... I think seriously I just need some time to not worry
about bills, health, house, people, and just get back into the
groove of getting things done... I think the first place to start
of course is getting all my health issues cleared up and then
seriously look for a house...a bigger one. I doubt if I ever
could afford to buy one anyway..but if I look hard enough I
may just stumble on something that would be perfect..

Ive put myself up for adoption but havent gotten any offers
on that either.. so I will just have to pull up my invisible pants
legs and get this chair rolling.. I have decided though that I
am going to do some sewing.. My Dolly, we are waiting for
confirmation for sure..but I may be great gran ..in 7 months
or so.. and if its really true.. I have baby quilts to make and
baby blankets and layettes..and diaper bags, all sorts of
stuff.. I would LOVE to do that.. I have been thinking of just
how I will do it.. I am going to try to set up my old singer
machine that is in a cabinet..and maybe if I put a regular
chair there, I have some nice cardtable chairs, I could just
transfer onto one of them, then maybe I can work the drop
down pedal to run it.. Im going to try..We just need to get all
that room re done and I have an idea how to do it..

I have a most wonderfully comfortable couch.. its 8 foot long,
and even though its over 30 years old..you would never know
it.. What I thought I would do is take my bed out of my bedroom
and make that room into a sewing room..bring the kitchen table
back up and bring all my material up.. I think that might work..
My hospital bed is nice but the mattress leaves a lot to be desired
its plastic and slippery , its hot and the sheets don't stay on it.
So this may be a solution to a sewing room..If this was my house,
I would totally redo the basement and I could have a HUGE
sewing room down there..there is more room down there than
up here ..all is down there is the furnace, no walls all wide open..
be perfect.. But I think this idea might work.. I can bring my TV
in here to the living room too.. Put it over on my desk..but I don't
know where I would put my lamp..but I could get rid of that recliner
and get a stand for the TV and put it there.. but then I would only
have my couch for company to sit on..but then I don't have but 1
person come here at a time..so..that might work..I don't use that
desk other than to put stuff on it.. so I could get rid of that as well.
Got to have a plan of attack to do stuff..:-)


I will think of something.. I usually do.. I got a call from Heidi my
new caseworker from Keystone..she will be here Thursday at 10.
She asked if she could bring me a breakfast from McD's..now
that is really trying to get on my good side I think..Shes very nice..
I think will be nice to try to teach her to sew.. Its a good thing to
know.. I have known all my working years..that as long as I have
a sewing machine I could make some money.. I made scrub tops
for nurses, and aides, orderlies.. after I moved into the apartment
after my left stump healed.. I made good money and it was fun
to me..but I got so over whelmed with orders and no way to fill
them.. I had to stop.. I learned that sewing was as good to know
as lots of other skills.. Almost every thing around us has some
sort of sewing on it.. I can run about 5 different types of machines.
I enjoy it.. to me its play and not work at all.. I think converting my
bedroom might be the answer until I can find another place that's
bigger.. If I can make some extra money that would sure help my
bank account and ease a lot of my worries...

My only worry this minute is something to eat.. I don't need much I
had Chili from COA and they do make some good stuff . It came
with a piece of corn bread and applesauce and salad..was good..
I didn't eat the salad as they only give you buttermilk ranch stuff
and well that's not really my favorite.. I like Italian or french..its
better..I hear a pumpkin cookie calling me so I better finish this
and go and shut it up, just eat it and put it out of its misery and
right into my mouth.. "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..and thanks..:-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois

    So sorry I had to work for Pam last night. She woke up every hours that make a long night. At 4 A.M. it took her a long time to get bad to sleep...she was scare.
    Her infection is not going away either, going to have to take her back to the Dr again.
    I run on being very tired all the time anymore...wish it would go away.
    I hope you start feeling better too. Yes it would be nice if you could start sewing again. I sure need too,Pam pants legs needing fixing.
    We got her new bed done, it is a box like bed and will have a mattress on top...hoping she will think it is a save place to sleep...she will not even seat on or sleep on her double bed anymore...afraid of it.
    I hope you day will be better for you.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 3:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    I really do know what you talkin about, when you talking about tiredness!!!!!!
    Last night i came back from shopping directly after work, and went straight to bed to get a 15 minutes nap!
    I wake up this morning with the radio on, yesterdays clothes also was on. My pyjamas had been lonely all the night, and i was cold. But appearently i seemed to need this rest. Mebbe it got to late the other night, when i talked to the dearest woman i have, dunno? : )
    Anyhow, today is a new fresh day and i took a shower and ate a good breakfast, so i am ready to meet a new day....
    And if i am lucky: Meet YOU tonight in my special dreamland. Built by us, for mental comfort!

    Take care my dearest Lois, and all the KAO´s in the world
    ****+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Its got to be very hard for you..She may need antibiotics to kill the infection... I will get to feeling better.. just alot going on right now as usual.. does she say why she is afraid..maybe an enclosed bed..like with a canopy and explain..that IS her safe place, and ALL hers.. that might work Mary.. I could send you some material..but I cant get to it.. I wish I was closer to do some sewing for Pam.. take care of your self Mary..remember MerryMary Time :-)

    Hi Rob..
    I have done that many times..I give up trying to fight it.. so I just sleep when ever I am tired..I have no schedule anyway...
    I hope you have a good day ...:-)

    Good to hear from you both..thanks alot.. :-D
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker