ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

~I Got A Treat~ :-)


I got a treat today, and I am just SO PLEASED with it.. I
ordered it 2 weeks ago and it came today, I have been
patiently waiting for it..I say its a treat since a dear friend helped
me to get it.. I love it..its so pretty.. That is NOT my hair back
there..It would take hours for me to get my own like that..Its a
little clip on wiglet.. Its so easy to use..and It will sure help on
those bad hair days..It looks and feels just like my own hair..
and from what I read will be very easy to take care of..They
have other styles too..I got it from HSN, on TV the home
shopping channel..well one of them QVC is my other fav.. I
saw this one night, a lady named Toni Brattin designed these.
and its really nice the easy transformation that a person,
well woman can do with these things.. Its better than shaving
your head and buying full head wigs..:-) and cheaper...makes
me even MORE GORGEOUS :-D Note how good my birth
mark shows up you can really see its a butterfly..and why I
have my online name :-) ButterflyLois :-)
I had another reminder today that I am IN this CHAIR!.. I was
here at my computer..and noticed that my speaker wasn't working.
So I went through the routine of checking it was plugged and I
tested the connections..even did a few slaps at it..and of course
nothing worked.. So I sat here for a minute trying to figure out
what it was.. I checked my headset to make sure I didn't lose
my sound card..which I did that once cuz of my spastic finger,
twitched and I accidentally deleted it.. I was SO mad.. Well it
wasn't anything I could find.. I was really upset.. I don't mind
having my head set on for a while but all day by evening my
ears would be really itchy..

After a bit, I had to make a roll to the bathroom and as I was
about to go over the extension cord that I have plugged in behind
the recliner and plugged into my speaker..well my speaker is
plugged into the cord.. I looked close and I realized there was
just TOO much extension cord showing..and I looked at the
outlet BEHIND the recliner and sure enough, it was unplugged
there.. I realized how I did it.. My tippers on the back of my
chair got it..and pulled it out..would be the only way.. Well NOW,
I had to figure out how I was going to MOVE this 9 thousand
pound chair .. THAT was NOT going to be easy. This thing is
SUPER HEAVY..

I locked down..and pushed with every ounce of strength I could
find..well that just did not work.. so I moved to the front of it..
and tried to pull it..THAT didn't even budge it.. I was so mad..
the more I tried the harder it seemed to move it.. I finally got
behind it..wedged my chair in the doorway and PUSHED at
the back..SLOWLY Inch by inch this chair moved.. I got it out
far enough- I thought- to be able to reach the outlet..so I had
to roll around and face that wall so I could reach the out let
which was a good 2 feet from the doorway.. I still wasn't close
enough to reach.. I did the same thing again..moved into the
doorway and PUSHED!!! I mean I thought I was gonna Stroke
out..but well I was DETERMINED I could plug it back in..

I moved back to Behind the recliner and stretched as far as I
could..remember I have short arms.. I can barely touch the
floor in this chair.. I got the prongs against the holes in the
outlet..and the buggar STILL would NOT go in.. I pulled my
hand back..and looked and decided then it had to be cuz of
the one wide prong..I turned it around and reached again..
and it FINALLY went into the outlet.. My speaker came to
life and I was with sound again. I was pleased, sore, mad,
and glad all in ONE spot...

That was a job.. I mean.. I pushed, pulled, tugged, reached,
and yes..I even swore at it..but not until that thing was ready
to go in..I was fightin it.. Always something.. Just to plug in a
cord.. If I had my legs..I would have been able to reach it
easily as I could have gotten closer..I have to allow now for
room for this chair when I do anything..or it aint gonna get
done.. Well anyhowways.. I DID IT.. twernt easy..but I did..
I bet time wise took me over an hour.. with moving..locking
down and then TRYING to shove that little thing in there.. I
should have called CHRIS..the lady with the little plugs she
had NO trouble reaching it when she was here..moving
that chair either.. :-)

Well its time for me to move and go and watch TV.. I am not
turning on HSN or QVC.. .. I know I saw some great clothes on
there.. Oh..but I did see a wonderful SATIN . Leopard.. jacket
and pants.. I may order them..just in case I do get a dinner invite
or have company.The pants I will make into a skirt.. Then my black
silk top.and this new hair.. I will be GORGEOUS - ER.. :-)
"nitey nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..and thanks! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful pictures wow very nice pictures of you Lois.
    Nice hair wiglet... I use to have long hair when I was younger, now I keep it short...
    We got Pam bed taken over to her,she love it and laid down on it... hoping she will use it to sleep at night or during the day.
    Going to bed early tonight, didn't get much sleep last night either.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    First, thank you for the pic - WOW!! our GORGEOUS Weeble now looks even more gorgeous, if that is possible!! ;o)
    Second, thank you for reminding us "Normies" how lucky we are to have the use of our legs, and what a courageous and brave lady you are.
    Take care, Honey. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Great photos, Lois!

    Congratulations on the hairpiece.

    -Gray

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Mary,
    Thank you.. I like it too..so easy to use... Im glad Pam likes her bed..you have to make sure you take care of you too :-)

    Hi Raife.. well your welcome and thanks :-) Its amazing just the littlest things..are big to me..

    Hi Gray!
    Thanks :-) so nice to hear from you. Check your mail :-)

    Thanks for writing, hope you have a good day.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker