ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, September 22, 2007

~Wild Week~


This has been a wild week. I don't think I have had this
much company in a long time.. at least 2 sometimes 3
visitors every day since Monday.. Im NOT complaining at
all by any means.. I enjoy it.. Boy, I just get to talk and talk,
now what can be better than that! :-) I enjoyed every visit..
and they were really nice ones, with Julia, and Theresa,
Heidi..Chris (lunchgirl) Penny of course, Tracy, my nurse,
was a busy week... But a good one...

Today was a good day too.. I finally got some mail which I
hadnt gotten anything in 2 days, I feel cut off from the world
when I get no mail...I got a great post card today...I even had
a dear friend phone that I hadnt heard from in quite a while
and it was so good to talk to them again.. I really enjoyed that.
I like phone calls.. it just makes it seem more personal.. than
a email or chatting.. I prefer voice online anyway than typing..
saves the fingers and keyboards..:-) spoils you too~! Skype
has excellent voice...

While I was on the phone all of a sudden it went totally
DEAD.. I panicked..what was I going to do? No dial tone.. I
couldn't call to get it repaired.. I had no phone~! I sat and Im
trying to think..ok..this could NOT be good, NOW what will I
do.. I wasn't expecting anyone to come by till Monday when
Penny comes..that's not good..no phone.. So I logged on
Skype and you can buy time on there.. I forget how much
for what..but I got it..after the deal goes thru my paypal..the
little window says..may take 4 to 5 business days for this to
clear your bank.. I said "HUH" well rat farts.. that's not going to
do me any good right now! So I had NO idea what to do... I
checked everything..and nothing.. I didn't like that at all..

I bet I sat for 15 minutes or so stewing and getting mad, I had
NO idea what it could be.. All of a sudden I hear this BANG!
BANG! BANG! on my front door, scared the daylights out of me,
I was NOT expecting anyone... I tell everyone to make SURE
they call before they come over. I Had NO idea who it could be.
I keep the door locked on the week ends so I had to go over
and open it.. I slowly open the door and there is my sister and
Stanley standing there ! I WAS GLAD to see them!! Plus she
was bearing GIFTS !!!! :-) Shirley always has to make a potty
call as soon as she gets here its a kinda long ride and plus they
make stops along the way at different places like yard sales..
which she said they had stopped at one today and she got a great
painting for her dining room for ten dollars.. But as soon as she
came back and sat she opened the bag of goodies and proceeded
to show me all the great tops and loungers she brought me.. I
think be easier to say what colors she DIDNT bring.. Needless to
say I was pleased...They are great.. :-)

So anyway, I was telling them about my dead phone, I asked Stanley
if he had his cell phone with him..which of course he did... and I asked
him to dial my phone company to find out why my phone was dead..My
bill was paid..it always is..its auto out of my bank..So he dials hands me
this little thing..and after about 5 or 6 rings this lady answers and was
very nice..I asked why and what and gave all the necessary info..She
said that perhaps I needed to check the box , where the line comes out
of.. She said she could send a repair man, but she was just 2 blocks
down the street at the office and since I was in a chair and couldn't get
to my little box down on the baseboard, she would gladly come by and
check it for me if I couldn't get anyone.! So while I was talking to her I
asked Stanley to crawl under my desk and plug and replug my phone
line into that little box..she said sometimes there is a surge and a line
will go dead..for no reason..and that'sall you have to do..Most don't know
that and then have a repair guy, pay for that, to come out and do just
that very thing!! Well Stanley did that.. I picked up my phone..and well
I HAD PHONE again~~!!! I thought that was so nice of her to offer to
come and do it for me.. how nice..that just gives me hope for humanity
it does :-) ..It was above and beyond her job description..and I made
sure I told her just how much I appreciated her offering and helping me
like she did.. I thought that was just special..made me feel good..

We 3 had a nice visit and they stayed longer than they had in a long
time and I really enjoyed that alot..its so good to see my sister and
Stan.. Good people...Plus they ALWAYS bring me goodies :-) They
did say they thought I was looking really good.. and they were glad to
see that.. They are going up north all next week for their fall tour..its a
beautiful drive when the leaves change, they arent yet..but they will go
again when they are..She is enjoying her house which I am so glad..
her other was nice, but this one is newer and bigger and wheel chair
accessible which Shirley uses one quite a bit lately as her legs are
not real good..I gave her some of the cream I got..so I hope it helps
the sores on them.. I didn't look at them...But I hope they get better..
She has neuropsy really bad too.. I worry for her..

I got up at 330 this morning but I fell asleep early like 730.. so I had
sleep..plus LB was doing circles by my side saying "MOM, MOM,
MOM," so that woke me up ..so I got up, had coffee and went and
got on line to see who I could bug that early in the morning :-) well
no one was on..Later on I laid down and took a desk rest about
10 though I got really tired.. I did eat first so I could take those
nasty pills..I took my extra blood pressure pill too..When my sis was
here we took our blood pressures with my new machine..mine was
190/94.. not good for being on 2 meds.. Stans was fine.. Shirley
didn't take hers.. The nurse will be here Monday so.. see what it is
then..


Time for food and some early tv..maybe I can watch something.. I
did get a lottery ticket for tonite so we ALL need to pray for this
GORGEOUS WEEBLE to win the lottery tonite..wouldn't that just
be the screamers if I did? Fooey I would probly get so excited I
would stroke out and not get to spend a dime :-) I will remember
to remain calm whilst I check the numbers later.. would be nice
though..Id be happy with just a few thousand or three or four.. :-)
Tomato sandwich and some lime koolaid and TV.. is next for me,
"Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks ! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois you need more wild weeks,sure hope they come your way too...
    Your sister bearing gifts, wonderful that really make you feel great.
    Glad you got your phone fixed, and it didn't cost you anything...
    I got to see both girls today, Pam is not feeling very well right now.
    Becky staff is sick, but her staff is working. So much of the stomach upset is going around too...I guess Becky will be next to get it...
    Glad you are having a good weekend, mine is going fine too.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,Honey,
    I don't check my Lottery numbers every time. We can take our lottery tickets to the Post Office, where I buy mine, and they will put it through their machine to check if you've won. I've had two £10 wins so far. Saves getting stroked out till the last moment!!
    My next check is on Thursday 4th. October - you will definitely hear if I win!! ;o)
    Take care, Honey, L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Mary,
    Yes it was that lol...My sis always brings something, shes very good to me.. Im glad your having a good week end, you deserve it..

    Hiya Raife!
    I havent checked mine yet, but I am when I sign off this lol.. I already have my itinerary..lol...See you soon hahaha.. :-)

    Good to hear from you!
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker