ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, September 24, 2007

~I Appreciate the Flowers~


I had taken this photo yesterday and had so many photos on here
last nite, I kept this one for today..Its so pretty.. today the others are
even more open.. I am so enjoying these flowers.. Im so glad
the person that took the time to plant all these took the time to
do it.. was a lot of work..and just forethought to plant things
that came up every year.. I wish I could have gotten out there
to really help them and prune all of the flowers out there.. The
rose of Sharon tree outside is still blooming. Whomever it
was did this.. I hope they know how much I am enjoying all their
hard work..

Penny came today and I showed her the curtains in the bedroom.
Dutch had to get in the window..and pulled the curtains down .. I
had her just take rod and all down..I plan to make an appointment
with Donnie to come and spend a few hours and fix the things that
need done.. the back door lock, the phone jacks, the window now..
and the cable put into the living room for a tv..and maybe he can
rig up a screen for across the door so I can get some fresh air in
and air the house out before winter... Things I really could do my
self...BEFORE...that's what gets to me so much I think every day
almost.. what I can and cannot do anymore. . .

I laugh a lot at things I cant do.. I have to, or I would just get so bent
out of shape about it..and be totally miserable all the time.. and I
wont do that either.. I couldn't and I cant stand drama..daily conflict,
I like to solve dilemas...problems... then move on.. Some I have no
choice but to wait for help..but if I have no choice I will really try to
do something or rig it so until I can get some help to do it..when
THEY have time.. That's the biggest reason its so hard for me to go
shopping by myself..which I guess I could..but I don't want to go up
to perfect strangers..even though I know they would be more than
willing to help me..and ask "Can you reach that for me?" I cant
do that.. I can.. yes..but I really cant get the words out is probly
what I mean.. I would rather choke on them than say them.. I don't
miss the stores..not really.. If I went.. there is so much there now,,I
would want it..and I cant have it.. not on my budget..so why go?
and I don't need to see all the new food stuff..I would have NO
control , I see on TV plenty of the new foods..so I can imagine
what is in the grocery store.. No.. My chair fits fine, I wanna keep
it that way.. :-)

I tried getting that curtain rod and curtain down last nite..it was
about 2 am when Dutch decided he HAD to get in that window
next to my bed.. I didn't pay any attention..as I hear these cats
all the time and I am used to their noises and Dutch is steady
wanting in these windows..at nite..not during the day..cuz Im not
in here..during the day hes in the living room with me..and those
windows I keep the blinds up..well Im not doing that at nite in
my bedroom! no I don't think so just so this cat can see his Shadows.
well ..I heard him going thru the slats..the next thing I feel this
SMACK on top my head..then this material falls all over me..And
im buried under this huge lace curtain..rod and all..the lace was
so heavy it pulled the rod apart when it came off the side..and
so the rod hit me in the head. !. The boy couldn't have done any
better if he had tried.. I had just sat up to sleep for awhile..is
why it could reach me.. If I hadnt changed positions.. It would
have just hung there.. He knew ..Stinker.. So my curtain is in
my power chair..and I will leave it down till I can get the bracket
put up..Penny cant help it shes a shorty with legs... She has to
stand on the bed, which is soft..and can just reach the top of
the window..its hard for her..so I will leave it off till I can get it
fixed better..Looks crappy in there now..but well no one but me
goes in there anyway..well Penny to clean..but ..whether Im not
got matching windows.. I don't guess anyone really cares but
me.. I cant stand it they don't match :-D
Well lm hungry I had a KFC Bowl . was good..I had to eat to take
my 3 pills today..2 tomorrow. Im going to call the dr..my elbow
is definitely better.but its not totally gone..so I will let him know
and see what he thinks.. One more week of these pills I would
think would work since just this one has made such a drastic
difference...Im glad I don't have to have a shot in there..I wont
be off these till tomorrow..last day and a renewal for wed..and
Penny will be here to go to the drug store.. Heidi will be here
tomorrow and I hope she has some answers for my questions..
Specially about the 2 bedroom house for rent on a lake.. I
sure could handle that.. I would be VERY happy..

Time for me to handle some TV and a few of these PB&J
crackers Penny got today.. I like these things, and not at all
expensive..that I am VERY glad..:-) Time for snakin.. and
some TV I hope..for a little while..Im tired so probly wont be
long..then it moren likely will Be a commercial is what will be
on that I'll see..never fails....:-) "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, and Thanks! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the flower too,give a nice touch to life.
    My hubby does all the yard work hear and garden veg& flower.
    Pam doing a little better, I love it when she smiles...I know she is having lot of pain at times. She is sleeping in her new bed most of the time now.
    You have a great week Lois.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    soon there won't be flowers - there will be snow. My parents, when they were alive - later - lived in Hialeah Fl and then they had flowers all year long.

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    There's nothing like roses - of course, they're not roses if they aren't fragrant! That one of yours is real pretty.
    SO glad that elbow is getting better. It will only stay that way if you stop beating the s--t out of it, though!! Take care, honey, you and the elbow, too, L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Mary,
    Yes, flowers are a great joy, I wish I could bring them in..sadly Dutch eats them..lol...Im glad Pam is improving...I hope you have a good week too Mary...

    Hi Momar..
    I love snow too tho .. I love all the seasons.. I lived in Tampa for awhile.. I need snow too :-)

    Hiya Raife...
    I know, one of these days maybe I will slow down.. I hope not soon tho lol.. You have a lovely garden and flowers everywhere thanks to all yours and managements hard work. someone has a green thumb! lol..

    So nice to hear from you..hope you have a good day..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker