ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

~Christmas Photos ~:-)


MERRY CHRISTMAS...

I hope y'all had a great day today, full of food and TV and time
with your special people.. I didn't do too much of anything..well
I did make a small video..The photos here are from it.. I really
have on RED..it looks orange but that's because to get enough
light in here I have to turn on the ceiling light.. Casts a yellow
light..I dont like it.. but.. Anyway I was checking out my cam and
just for fun decided to see how badly it was working today..So
I made the video..Its not too bad.. I think the photos are pretty
good.. considering the size they were.. The video is big in size
640 by something or what ever..But look thru tonites post and
the photos are from the video.. If you want the video..be my
Christmas present to you..but you have to write and ask for it,
and I will send it right back to you.. well give me a few minutes
anyway.. :-) The addy is the same .. lovelylittlelegs@gmail.com
I have to say this has been a nice Christmas.. I heard from a dear
friend I havent heard from in over a year..that sure made me feel
good.. I had been worried and it was so nice to hear from them.
I got a nice "I wish you a Merry Christmas" sung to me when I
answered the phone at 7:30 this morning from my dear friend Blue
in Australia, he was already thru his Christmas Day, where mine
was just starting..Santa was good to him and they had a great
dinner there where he lives outside Brisbane.. Theyre going into
summer down there and its warm.. He always asks what the weather
is here and I told him was only about 22 degrees today all he said
was "BRRRRR".. :-)
I didn't do my hair very good but I wasn't planning on keeping this
video..but I really can only do stuff one time.. To keep rolling back
and forth even though for a walk is only a step or two over to that
desk, its quite a few HARD rolls for me and the less I have to make
of those the happier I am.. Chris said I can take the carpet out and
I am plotting a way to do it myself too.. I just have to plan very care
fully .. I know one thing. this skirt I have on in this photo I cannot
wear it to do stuff..Its a wonderful silk..and the cover on my cushion
is nylon.. well talk about slide? I was going a tad too fast, not paying
attention and hit that door facing going into the bathroom and almost
went sailing right on out of my chair which had come to a dead halt
when it hit it.. I kept GOING! good thing I grabbed when I did, but
silk and nylon.. they make for a slippery ride.. I have to be very care
ful even bending over to pick up something if I even slightly lose my
balance or I will side real fast.. I have very short arms..and I cant
reach the floor not fully, my fingertips do..if I lean over too far ..my
GORGEOUS WEEBLE butt will raise up and I will slide right on over
and out ill go.. I KNOW! ive come close many times.. Im very care
ful when I lean over..Once Im into a fall ..well aint nuthin gonna stop
me but the floor..and THAT hurts! :-)

I treated myself to my favorite food for my Christmas dinner.. 3 guesses
what... :-) French fries and some GOOD brown gravy.. I just cannot help
myself.. I LOVE that stuff .. I sit there and see the fries cooking..and I
can smell the gravy getting thick.. I bet I almost drool...Ive eaten this
since I can remember..and I KNOW I was 2 or 3.. I remember sitting on
that tall bench and watching Mr. Howard make them.. put some good
gravy in a small white bowl..put them all on a plate..scoop me up into
his arms..grab the plate, and proceed to carry us out to the dining room
back to our table.. I can remember that.. and ever since that has been
my favorite food.Only 2 places other than there can I truthfully say are
as good and Ive eaten them all the way from NY to Hawaii.. and in
Ambridge, PA, there used to be a restaurant called the K & N..and
wow.. THEY were excellent.. The other is a place in the UP of MI, In
a small town called Iron River, right on US 2 .your up that way..find
The Happy Italians,, right on a corner..THEY have THE very best.. I
remember they changed the fries once.. EVERYONE complained..
Those 2 places..I will have to say are the best..NEXT to my own
that I peel cut and fry..now THEY are the cats pajamas, like they
used to say...

Was a great Christmas..and Im happy, warm, full..and tired.. I was up
at 4 again.. I had to check my stocking and see what Santa left me..
:-) naaa I don't have any stockings ! or shoes or slippers.. think of the
money I save..not having to buy them.. ahhh I have many many blessings.
Merry Christmas and "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Merry Christmas Lois.
    It's been a wonderful day here, we all was able to seat at the table to eat. Becky was in a bad mood all day one of those thing she does at times. Pam was unhappy when her brother came over with a puppy, she get upset over thing...to her they all have fleas and that scare her. She was alright after they left.And that how Pam is most of the time. Beth brought us over a pie, Pam was very happy to see her sister and the pie.
    So glad you had a good day too.
    It was so good to be at home all day, Bob did all the going to get Becky and take her back home...
    Thank you for being my friend Lois.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was saying the pics. looked nice and i'm glad you had a good Christmas and you still call it Christmas.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Im so glad you had a good day..I did too..quiet but very nice..I love phone calls..just makes it so much more personal..

    My Dear Mary, thank you.. You keep me going in case you didnt know that.. I am so grateful for you..your a good woman Mary and I am so glad I know you..

    Hiya!
    Glad you got to put your comment..I dont know what bloggers problem is. Your not the only one had trouble.. Thanks so much..And yes I will never take Christ out of Christmas.. Holiday.. we have many of those all year..but only 1 Christmas... how I feel anyway.. but to each his own... but I believe..

    Good to hear from you ..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MERRY CHRISTMAS, FROM ME AND GRAN AND GRAMPS. I KNOW THEY WOULD WANT ME TO GREET YOU FOR THEM.
    I KEEP UP WITH YOUR BLOG WHEN I HAVE TIME.
    MIGHT BE WEDDING BELLS IN APRIL. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED.
    LOVE TO YOU
    RICHARD

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Richard!!!
    So VERY nice to hear from you.. and congrats!! I hope you have a great new year.. and thanks for visiting and letting me know.. :-)
    Always,Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker