ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

~Had to Get A New One~

I got some silver certificates, which is really money, cash..
for Christmas that, well - sure was and IS deeply appreciated.
Today, when Penny came, she went to the store for me.. I
bought a new cup at a time coffee maker, which I had no
choice.. to get ONE cup of coffee this morning I had to go
thru 3 different pots, hoping ONE of them would make a
cup of coffee so I wouldn't have to drag out my hot plate to
make Some that way..well you KNOW what I did don't you?
I got orange juice out of the fridge and drank that! soon
as Penny got here she went to Arbys and got us coffee and
a sausage biscuit too..teach THOSE machines to go Out
on me !! :-) Was really a long wait though with no coffee, I
got up at 4:30 and Penny didn't get here till 9. But, I made it .

Well besides that I splurged and bought some new dish towels.
Mine looked they were from the dark ages they were so bad
looking.. So Penny picked up 6 new ones for me..2 in white,
2 in dark blue, and 2 yellow ..all the colors of my kitchen.. I
hate when my things get dingy or ugly looking, my towels were
old..that's like all my bath towels.. I am NOT pleased with them
either..I have quite a few of them..and they are ok..need bleached
out a bit, but..the problem is. NONE of them MATCH! I bet I
only have 2 or 3 at the most that do.. I used to have matching sets.
I had some nice ones..but when my ex decided what he was going
to keep and what I got..he kept the best..I had no say .. I was lucky
I could talk at all or even think straight I was so messed up..So I
didn't know what I even had packed until 2 years later when I got
my apartment.. Well. NOW I have at least 6 matching dish towels..
and I am knitting myself some cloths to wash dishes..They are great.
My ex had me make some for him for when he showered ..theyre
thick and very absorbant..you know you have something to wash
with not just a thin cloth.. for dishes these are really great...

I logged off the computer early yesterday right after I posted..and I
stayed in there dozing Off and on until this morning.. I did get a
couple nice phone calls though, wishing me a Merry Christmas..
One was Donnie & Dawn, I gave them a State Quarters set, all
full except for next years new ones.. I told them as I get mine I
will get for theirs too.. They thought that was a great gift. Donnie
said "its something to keep for the grandson" and of course I
agreed.. Im glad they liked it.. I KNOW he loved the cheese and
sausage box, he kept fingering and running his hand over the
top looking at the 3 great cheeses in it..I told him he had to wait
till Christmas to open it.. He did too.. They all had a great day at
his parents in WI, Kelli was there too..Today they all will get on
the road and head back here, one of them will call when they get
back..if they don't they know their phone will ring before I go to
sleep..they know they have to check in and out with Gran :-)
kids.. all kinds you worry about.. Im worried about LB..

He wheezes really bad anymore..and now I notice so is Dutch.. I
myself am coughing which I never used to..I don't know if its this
house and the mold down in the basement or what.. I know LB
always has wheezed.. I believe he does have some sort of a
asthma.. but hes getting worse..Ive been watching him closely to
make sure hes eating, I was petting him last nite when he laid by
my side and he feels thin.. and I don't like that.. hes not a fat cat.
never was..but he felt thinner to me.. hes heavy..to lift him its like
he weighs 25 pounds ! but hes not fat... I dunno I worry about
these kids tho.. If they got sick or hurt and had to go to the vet,
well I could be in trouble there.. they are SO expensive.. I wonder
what a person does if their pet gets sick and they cant afford
to take them to a vet.. Dutch got sick at Raelynns when I was in
the homeless shelter, and the vet didn't charge me .. but keystone
paid it.. I was a resident there then.. so I dunno.. they don't have
health insurance for pets.. hmmmm.. I saw on a show on tv..that
Helmsley woman that was so wealthy that died and left all her
money, millions.. to her dog.. lucky dog.. :-)

My thumb is not better.. I have decided to give it until the first of the
year... then make one big trip to the dr..go to the hospital and have
that stinkin blood work done and see if she can give me something
for it... Ive tried everything.. A friend gave me a special balm that
well to be honest its for cows udders.. :-) it is.. well in the winter the
cows deals ..ok ..teats.. get red and sore from the weather and this
balm is for them for a protection..I tried it every day..and for a while I
thought was going to work..but then stopped helping.. that's how all
ive tried on it does.. I think something that maybe im allergic to
the tire.. I dunno.. Well no.. I DO know ONE thing that will help.. getting
rid of this carpet in here.. THAT I know will help.. the strength I have
to use to get across my bedroom floor just from the door way to the
side of my bed.. sometimes half way there I have to stop and give my
arms a rest.. but depends how I feel when I am going across it too,
if Im really tired.. that is the longest roll.. and seems to take EVERY
ounce of strength I have to get across it.. There are times at night when
I wake up, knowing I have to potty, I think .."Lois, just HOW bad do you
HAVE to go????" Dreading the fight to get across that room...

Well Im headed back across that room as soon as I post this. one way,
TO the bed.. I feel so lazy when I go to watch TV in there.. I guess cuz
its in my bedroom and Im not in the living room in a recliner or on the
couch I feel like a kid being sent to his room :-) and Im both ..cuz Im
sending my own self..:-) this GORGEOUS WEEBLE bids you a
very good "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? love ya, and thanks ! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Thank you Lois, you are a wonderful friend.
    So happy you got a new thing for Christmas.
    Spend most of my day helping Patsy with her shopping, also she needed to get out for a while to chat.
    I was able to get the thing Becky needed for her porta flush today. Staff been messing up getting the thing she needs...hoping thing will get straighted out again. And had to fill up that van again with gas with it snowing on me and getting me wet.
    I stay home tonight from church tonight, running around all day and it snowing, I was cold and just wanted to get warm and stay that way...Beth surgery is next week and I don't want to get sick from chilling to much.
    God bless you always Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois
    I got your Christmas card today, thank you so much for the picture of yourself and the Christmas ornament.
    May God bless you always Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary
    Im so glad you got it ! I was late in sending for a tree decoration ..make sure you take care of yourself..cant have you getting sick :-)

    take care Mary
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you do a good job on your blog i read it most days Sid

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Sid,
    Thanks..so nice to hear from you..
    Hope all is well by you and you arent snowed in like us !
    always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker