ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

~ True Love Story~

I had a email sent to me that was sent as just a story about
love really .. But the thing about this story was.. I happened to
know it may well be very true..as I know a man that did just
what the man in this short story did.. I was at the hellhome.. A
tall man, very nice looking..very thin..neatly dressed every day.
I would sit and have lunch with him every chance I got..he was
so nice to talk to.. His wife was a patient there..well resident as
we were called.. She had been there quite a few years..She
didn't know what was going on at all. A beautiful white haired
lady, with sparkley blue eyes..and she DID know how to smile..
I saw a smile a couple times.. No, not a big smiley face one,
but you could tell by her eyes..and the corners of her mouth would
turn up slightly..we knew...

Every day..they put her in a special wheelchair and would put her
up by the nurses station..next to a nice couch that was there.. They
would sit there all morning..until lunch..when the nurses would take
her back to her room for lunch and then a nap.. Her husband would
eat lunch there..and then go and visit with her again..until she would
fall asleep..then he would leave... But all morning He sat next to his
lovely wife, and would pat her hand..sometimes lean across and gently
kiss her face, or he would smooth her hair, you could tell he loved her
dearly...Some times I watched her face when he would touch her so
gently and with such tender loving care..and I know I saw a glint in her
eye that she felt him, knew him..and she loved him too...

When we sat and had lunch together he would tell me stories about
their life together..they had no family, no children.. and he had a nice
big house but it was empty now that she was at the home.. He came
every day, there was nothing at home anymore and he wanted to be
by his wife... She was all he had left, when he went home there was
nothing.. All the nurses and alot of residents would stop by and visit
with him..and I know he had to have enjoyed all the company there,
he was alone at home...

The story that was sent to me was almost exactly the same as this
one that I knew as real.. At the end of that story the man was asked
why did he still come to see her.. the man said "she doesn't know
who I am..but I still know who she is"... and that's almost the same
thing the man I knew said.. They were both still there when I left there.
I know she has to be gone by now.. I think of that man sometimes..he
has to be so lonely..they were married he said for over 40 years..
and he knew no other women but her , and he stayed with her.. He
really loved her..and to watch him..which all of us did, we all sort of
envied that woman..to be loved so dearly, no matter what..well THAT
was enduring and endearing LOVE like no other.. I am glad I saw
those sparks in her eyes at times.. I knew she knew, if only for a moment
that he was there..and boy..THAT does mean a lot when you know
that.. she was a fortunate woman.. I hope she would have been as
dedicated to him..if he was the one in that chair.. looking at her..yes..
I have no doubt she would have done the same...True love is hard
to find..and theirs, like my parents..was just that.. A Love Story....

Penny didn't show up today and I had nice plans to cook some good
country ribs in BBQ sauce for me and the 2 D's.. but I needed Penny
to go to the store so I had to cancel the rib cookin..They had pork ribs
on sale..and I had to get them..not really for me but to help the kids too,
so no ribs today..Penny called and said she was coughing really bad
and had a bad sore throat..well I sure don't need OR want that.. She
said she will see how she feels in the morning.. and let me know if she
can come then instead... I got a callback finally from Chris..He said he
got hold of Kenny and he would try to be here today to fix my door, if
not, tomorrow for sure.. I have NO expectations..when I see the boy,
then I will know its gonna be fixed..not until then..

Rebecca came by for a little while..she brought some wall things for
me that are really nice.. I am going to see if Penny can help me or
if she will paint that wall by the sewing machine and I know that will
make it look 100 times better in here.. I had to give her a copy of my
big 14.oo raise on my SSI... Shes very nice and I had expected her
yesterday ..but well no one seems to keep appointments lately..

I know the one im keeping right now and that's with my self to get
this screaming butt of mine out of this chair.. I woke up at 4 wide
awake.. I was cold and the boys were pacing..so I had no choice
but to get up and see what the problem was..which it was just that-
it was COLD ..and my drafty bedroom. well the wind probly had
changed and made it even colder..Im hoping my sis finds the heavy
drapes she told me she has.. I put those up and I know it will make
a big difference..I don't care if its hot or cold right now Im still goin
in there and I'm saying "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, and thanks. :-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remember to have someone tape up those pesty cracks around the windows. XOXOX
    Me

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    True love stories are wonderful to hear about. Nice to hear about the one you told us...make the heart so warm.
    It going to get down to 5 F tonight, we got our heater fixed today...just in time for the extra cold spell.
    Saturday is going to be a work day at church, not for sure what they have in mind for us to do yet...

    Work day make can make it hard on me to do the regular thing that has to be done for Sunday. Sometimes I have to wait till everyone gone to finish cleaning up.
    Well that life and I love it most of the time.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    That is a lovely love story, and you write about it so well.
    You know, you really MUST write your autobiography. You have had SO many interesting experiences and I'm sure you have a best seller inside your head. It's time you let it out. It could even run to a paper-back edition - and think of the money!!!
    I guess all you would have to do is "cut & paste" from your old blogs!!
    Take care, Honey, L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Me,
    Yes I will..Kenny hasnt showed up tho. :-(

    Hi Mary...
    Im glad you like my stories..and those kind are nice to read..gives you hope... Make sure you take some MerryMary time now...you need that :-)

    Hiya Raife,
    That would be a job to do..but I sure would like to write a book.. be great..

    Hope y'all are well, warm and dry... take care, good to hear from you..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker