ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, February 16, 2008

~I'm Gettin' Something Done Today!~ :-)

Its only noon, but I decided I am going to get something
done today. I have a desk area here that is disgustingly
sloppy, and if you could see my bedroom, well you would
think the 3 Stooges lived here not just me and 2 cats.. I
have stuff everywhere.. I think I need to go through a lot of
this and get rid of what I really KNOW I wont use.. If I am
lucky enough to find a place better suited to me, the less I
have to pack and move the better...I have to stay ahead
with my plan of attack.. so I am going to post this early today,
well earlier than most times.. Im so unpredictable lately...
and see how much I can get done.. :-)

But I feel a lot better today especially after I logged off yesterday
and my phone rang and was Sandy, my gas bill will be paid,
and I can expect a call from Visiting Physicians..that they may
again take me as a client.. I hope so..Solve a lot of stress for
me, and her telling me yesterday about a moving place that
will come in and pack this up and move me, for free..well I cant
beat that at all..THAT saves me worry, and when Theresa was
here, she almost guaranteed me I would not have to worry about
my grant.. I think Its really time to look seriously for a new place.

I was discussing this with a dear friend, a suggestion was to get
a bigger apartment if I cant find a house.. I tried them before and
I hate them.. There is NO privacy.. I still had dealings with the
maintenance problem, just like here, but I don't have people taking
my mail or deliveries..or lurking outside my door listening to what
is going on in my apartment..and the biggie is I don't have to hear
that poor man scream at the top of his lungs at 3 am.. No, I will
stay here and endure before I will go back to an apartment.. I can
make do here, If I could get this carpet out.. It would make such a
huge difference..I wouldn't work so hard to maneuver.. and maybe
the floor of the front porch could be raised so I could go out there..
I know I will stay here before I go to an apartment.

And- I need to start working on the 2 blankets and the quilt for baby.
He will be here April 7th..so we have to be ready..Kelli said she is
having a baby shower tomorrow, then next week one in Wisconsin,
and THEN another at work.. I told her when all the showers are done,
to let me know what she still needs..and I will get that.. Then she wont
get a dozen of all the same thing. Plus what I give her will all be hand
made.. I plan to make an afghan.. and Penny is making a few more
pairs of booties but a little bigger in size... I may knit some wash cloths
like the one I just did..but smaller. I have lots of ideas of things I would
love to make.. I miss my sewing room so bad.. I could just roll in there
and get what ever I wanted to make what ever I wanted.. I think of my
ruined material down the basement..material I could use now..I knew
better, but I had hoped it would be safe down there.. I learned the hard
way on that.. My sis did give me a couple quilt tops and I do want to
put those together..theyre easy..and cute..

Speaking of cute.. this GORGEOUS WEEBLE is gonna go have
some left over meat loaf and roll away from this puter till maybe later.
if I have to make a potty call..I'll see if I have any messages or mail..I
KNOW that meat loaf is going to be SO good, and I have lots to do..
Its early-well, take a nap, cuz, I'm still gonna say "nitey nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? love ya..and THANKS!! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    I still going through paper work every chance I get. I just got to make more room in this house. I do have filling cabinet's way too many now I think.
    But it nice to have places for all the paper work that alway come.
    My desk needs a good cleaning again too, it is a catch all for everything.
    It sure has rain today, not for sure if we needed it or not.
    Hope you get everything done that you wanted done in your home.
    God bless you Lois. What a blessing to come here in the evening time.
    Mary

     
  • At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ho Lois
    Great to see that the cards are falling in your favour for a change. Not before time I might add. Sounds like your going to be busy with baby stuff. I always feel that the baby shower is at the wrong time - it should be after the baby is born & the shower can then wet their head Lol - i'm a laugh a minute I tell you - been free too long - it starts to give you a warped sense of humour once you dont have to conform to the life that most people call normal. Clearing away want you dont want also has a freeing effect on the mind - you have to get rid of what you dont want to get what you do want - one of the natural laws apparently. I guess it works - I dont want for much anyway. If I did i wouldn't tell anyway, thats grumbling & negates the law of attraction. Pleased to read you are contemplating shifting & that is a massive job in itself for someone in your position - but where the is a will & all there is a way. I'd ask you to toss me over some meat loaf but I'm a little too far away the sparrows would have finished it off before it arrived. Lol Love meat loaf & roasts particularly roast lamb & mint sauce with roast spuds,pumpkin, parsnip, onion & minted peas - yum.
    Its my bedtime & now I am making myself feel hungry, not good. wonderful thoughts to dream on though. cheers for now
    Regards
    Rob J

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Mary,
    I keep everything on the silly Idea I might need it again, which most times I dont need it.. I keep everything.. I had thought of a new desk with a built in file drawer..That would be nice to have..

    I hope you get your card soon, and I look forward to coming here to relay our messages back and forth Mary :-)

    Hi Rob J..
    So very nice to hear from you ! I know about a no schedule lifestyle. Its kinda nice I admit. I wish you had some of the now gone meatloaf..I would have enjoyed the company !... I could send you some :-). Its bedtime at 6am here for you? then you must be far away. Ive never tried lamb, but I hear it is quite good.. Raife highly recommends it. Its not really that common a meat here I dont think. I dont ever remember having lamb.
    I hope your having a great week end and thank you so much for coming here to visit with me and to let me know that you did.. :-) Im pleased.. You can write to me in email too if you like. anytime..
    lovelylittlelegs@gmail.com

    So good to hear from you.. Have a good Day :-)
    ALways, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker