ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, February 15, 2008

~Sandra Had Good News~ :-)


Today, was a good day. I had a visit from my caseworker,
Sandra from APS..she came with paperwork to fill out to
get help paying my over 200.oo gas bill.. They are going to
pay it for me.. While she was here we had a really good talk,
I explained all my problems with this house... and I do like it..
where it is.. but I just cant function here..Its so HARD.. She
totally understood.. She is going to see what she can find as
well for me.. I explained to her about my Drs office and the
treatment I get there.. That they refuse to refil my prescriptions
unless I go there and get the blood work done.. I told them
months ago.. I refuse to go out and take my chair through snow,
rain or what ever.. That they need to send someone here to
draw me.. And they refuse..she agrees that it is best, for me,
to have home care.. I agree :-)

Sandra is going to make some phone calls for me to see if I
can get back visiting physicians.. It would relieve so much stress
for me.. Not having to worry about going down to the clinic , making
arrangements for the ride, watching the weather, I wont take my
chair out in the rain or snow..Not unless I absolutely HAVE to.. The
mess it makes on the under carriage of my chair..the underside
of my seat and the splashes of stuff all over my clothes..well Its not
worth it to me to damage this chair or myself..I sure hope I can get
them back.. Then every test I need can be done here at home..
Sandra did say she is temporary as I will be getting a new case
worker in March.. I like Sandra though..I wish I could keep her.. She
has worked more with childrens services and she is a bear when it
comes to kids... which is good... Shes a good caseworker, I just
have to remind her once in a while.. which I don't mind doing..

She also informed me they have a new dental clinic..as soon as the
weather breaks..guess where I am headed? I want ALL my teeth, not
just the tops.. I watched my favorite show last nite, Two and a Half Men,
and they are steady sitting watching TV and eating popcorn.. I LOVE
popcorn, and I do miss It BADLY, I wouldn't mind helping Charlie Sheen
eat popcorn, I'll tell ya.! :-) Id even make it!. to be able to eat the things
that I could before..hmmm..well maybe that really ISNT a good thing :-)
but I still would like to have my bottom dentures.. From not having them I
can feel my jaw line almost out of sync with the rest of my face! Well the
height of my lower teeth is gone, so naturally my mouth Is going to close
more..then I have a flat line for a mouth.. I don't like it. :-| Im calling them
when the weather breaks..

Sandra was full of very helpful info for me. I dont know if this is a new
policy with DHS/APS but she said when I am ready to move, they have
a fund that pays a company to come in here, pack me up and move and
unpack EVERYTHING..piece by piece.. NOW..is THAT good news? I
was worried about making a move and all it would entail..even Penny
looked relieved on that news! Packing and unpacking is NOT easy..
She said to just let her know when I find a place.. well.. I am going to
really start to look.. I will have a new caseworker again in March, so I
am hoping she is as nice as Sandra.. Liz I think is her name.. They
switch them around so bad its pathetic..but Sandra has over 300
clients again.. That is SO not good.. I feel bad sometimes when I call
needing something..I know there are so many others that need things
more than I do.

Well my kitchen is calling, Penny made a meatloaf for me today and I
tasted it at lunch.. Good? Its Excellent.. A nice meatloaf sandwich, my
Icee and Im ready for TV.. I made the mistake of watching Donald
Ugly Trump.. I just don't understand why doesn't he do better things
with all his money like helping people that need it.. The celebrity one
last nite..well gave me a headache listening to those 2 on there argue.
That Amarosa woman.. well.. I don't have a single good thing to say
about her, she does know what shes doing tho..being the 'type' of
person she is like, obnoxious, is how shes getting famous.. so..she
knows what she's doing it all deliberately..and whats amazing, is its
Working !...Why Trump Brought her back on his show.. I don't know..
I don't know why I watch it, then complain.. go figure...:-) Time for
food, and for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE words..This was a good
day, "thank you Lord and Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Luv ya and THANKS!!! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad you are getting help with your bill, Pam get help through Leap every year. She would not make it without it.
    Your card has not come yet, will let you know when it get here OK Lois.
    Glad you are getting a new dental clinic.
    I have spend most of the day cleaning out old paper work.
    Have a good weekend Lois, and God bless you too.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    That is SUCH good news. Let's hope it resolves a couple of your big worries. And if you can get the old Gnashers working properly again - and you don't flush them down the loo, or whatever!!!, that will be great, too. I'm SO happy for you, bless your heart!
    Take care, Honey,
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary ...
    I got confirmation last nite..Im glad.. and there is still some left over.. I'll ask Penny about the card, she said she mailed it.. I hope it hasnt gotten lost ! I hope all is well there and you have a good week end too.. Im going to try to get stuff done today.. Im logging off early.. :-)

    Hi Raife,
    I'll say it has..I feel alot better and makes me want to get things done and improved.. As soon as the weather gets better Im calling that dentist.. You betcha.. I need chompers.. I miss my popcorn, n stuff :-) Im steady checking the rentals..and I may talk to Chris..he might have something..bETTER! lol..

    Hope your having a good week end.. so nice to hear from you.
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker