ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

~Spammers~ :-(

The past few days spammers have gotten into blogs. Mine is
one of them.. If you see a click here, or warning that's been posted
in my comments by someone or one that advertises something do
not click on it.. or the name . Some of the spammers have gotten
blogs to be able to get to the others, I checked with blogspot and
they are trying to stop it, I can put a word verification on my comment
section but they are a pain in the butt even though a lot of places use
them. If you don't click on anything in my comments you will be fine,
and usually the same friends comment, so don't click on any that you
don't know.. Why people have to do this crap makes me so mad.. But
that's like when I make a phone call to a company and its, press 1 now
for this..press 2 for that.. and on and on.. well heres a secret..after
that first press 1 or 2 for English, then hit the 0 the number 0 not
the letter O, keep pressing it, soon you will hear the operator say
" you have reached the allowed tries, please wait for a customer
represenative" and blip! you go right to a human.. :-)

I tell this trick to everyone, it works here and in the UK I know.
ask Raife, I told him about it here, that it works.. he tried it there and
it works there too ! I don't like the fact that we have to press 1 for
English, this is the USA, you live here, learn our language, just like I
would if I went to Mexico, or the UK or Germany or where ever.. I
know I said the UK , im just kidding y'all just speak the 'King's English'
as we say.. :-) no offense.. but when I think back of all the people
that have come here from other countries since forever, NO other
nationality has forced THEIR language on us.. Nor have we changed
the advertising or services to Include say Italian, German, or what
ever all these years.. NOW we here in the USA are being forced to
accept something that is not right and by people that are here Illegally.
This is not a good subject for me..but it does pertain to the having to
push the 1 or 2 on the phone for English.. That's why I wont press the
other numbers.. THey say its so they can direct your call to the right
person..well when you finally DO get to talk to a human they ask you
ALL the crap you just pressed into your phone to get to them..So..
NEXT time you have to call somewhere.. hit the 1 for English and
when the next message starts ..keep hitting the number 0 ..

I called the city here to find out about fixing a street light that was out,
this is a small town, I listened till I got to "press 9" for what ever, they
didn't have a number for what I needed ! Then when I finally hung
up and called back and used the 0 I found out the city has NOTHING
to do with fixing a street light.. did you? I had to call the Electric
company and go through the same .... press 1 now crap.. I don't
know.. but I sure don't like the way things are changing..sure not for
the better. I wont even discuss the "persons" running for president,
I do know the 2 main ones running I would NOT vote for. I see not a
whole lot in either of them..this is MY opinion...McCain is the best
as far as Im concerned. I dont like some of his ideas..but hes got a far
better reputation than the other 2 ..again.. MY opinion..End of that
subject.. Politics and religion are not good subjects..Im too ...well
opinionated on those subjects just like the English issue.. So I
will stick to what I KNOW best..and thats GORGEOUS WEEBLE
Amputee Livin, I'm getting pretty good at it .. :-)

I called and tried to find out who I call to come and repair my chair.
Well I asked R & R , Jim, when he dropped off my phone and he
said to call my caseworker, which is Sandra, so I will have to do
that.. I worry that the yarn will work down into the wheel and damage
it or something..be my luck the way it goes the bloomin wheel will
fall off !!! THATS all I would need.. But I do need the brake checked.
Yes, Raife, your so handy dandy, use your angel wings and fly over
that ocean and come help me fix all this crap here ! You're as handy
as a button my friend.. I know you could straighten this house out for
me right quick .. :-)

We are having more snow today but Penny made it..she got here late,
as it was really cold this morning and her key wouldn't go into her
ignition, it was frozen..she had to call someone to get some of that
de-icer spray so she could start her car ! They did get it fixed though
and she made it.. She made some spaghetti sauce for me and got
some angel hair pasta at the store for me.. That's my very best fav of
all the pastas.. I do like the ziti though too.. Well I just like Italian food..
I would say that is really my favorite next to just plain good home cookin.
Meat and potatoes and a veggie.. Works for me anyway.. :-) So.. you
KNOW what that means.. some dinner, then some TV, hopefully, and
then I HOPE I sleep all night.. That would be such a treat.. Time to post,
and time to say my GORGEOUS WEEBLE, "nitey nite"....

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..and Thanks..:-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    I hate spammers, why or why do they have to be that way for...They sure need help from God.
    Good to know about "first press 1 or 2 for English", then hit the 0 the number 0 ....It make me feel very sad for the USA to have come to this.
    Bob and I have worked all day moving Patsy thing, wow I do think I hurt a few places more then I did before...
    Was able to go to church tonight, it is always good to be there.
    The weather was good all day for us.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    You are SO right, it's the same over here. If these Blighters want to come to England, they should learn a bit of our language.
    Mind you, they say England and the U.S. of A. are divided by a common language! But I have no problem, once I remember that you-all don't know how to spell!!! ;o)
    I must say, I am having a hard time with Russian! I have just about got their alphabet licked. Thank goodness for my son, who fixed my computer to write Russian characters, and for machine translators.
    I'm afraid its a bit too soon for angel wings. I'm not sure that I've been good enough to qualify for them!! Mind you, I have been in God's waiting room for seven years, now!!!
    I think I had better stick to the aluminium (Sorry, aluminum!! See what I mean?) variety.
    Take care, Honey,
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thursday: I have 4 things to do today. Here in NYC rthere are so many people for whom, English is a second language. I live in a very mixed neighborthood. The head of the Albanian Mafia and I were talking. He speaks 9 languages. Yes people should learn English. and when I lived in Switzerland I learned German. When in Valais learn Romansch. I have a Canadian Friend who speaks about 5 lang-uages. S If you study languages it keeps you young.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary :-)
    They try to make extra money online by using other people to advertise for them..which is against most places..Blogger will get them...

    Yes, that really works Mary, saves alot of time. I dont remember who told me, but I use it every time I make a call and hear that first Press 1 for English..Boy that makes me so mad.. Extra work will bring out those places we forgot can hurt! :-)

    Hi Raife,
    Yes this being taken over really bothers alot of us here, being NA even more so. Even though we complain its still the main thing ..MONEY... and thats all they see, on both sides.. doesnt make me happy.. All the changes going on here makes you worry..Specially now wanting to take God out of everything.. What blasphemy as far as Im concerned.

    Hi Momar ! :-)
    For many english is a 2nd language, Italian, german. But they have not changed everything over to suit them like they have the spanish.. Even the outside of our packaging now half is in spanish..Cant read it..dont buy it. OR LEARN ENGLISH..

    Im listening to almost every car going by blowing their horns.. I would think being so close to the
    hospital this would be a low noise zone.. it aint tho.. always something..

    Good to hear from you..hope your having a good day.. Im off to sew..:-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker