ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, February 17, 2008

~Sis Came To See Me~ :-)


After I logged off yesterday just as I was getting ready to
move on to my bed, there was a knock on the door and it
was my sister and Stanley ... She brought me 3 new skirts!
They had them on sale at Wal Mart..and they are so pretty!
She is so good to me.. We had a nice visit.. Stanley said he
is going to start taking piano lessons..Shirley got him a key
board for Christmas, and he wants to learn to play.. He has
a natural gift for music.. He taught himself the guitar, the
harmonica, banjo, and now he wants to play piano.. He has
a special holder for his harmonica..so he can play it and his
guitar at the same time.. He goes to nursing homes and to
church functions and plays for them.. He is very talented.
When they left here they were going to go for a nice ride over
by the lake and then stop and have dinner. They know lots of
good places to eat.. They have taken me out to dinner many
times.. They have a special steak place down in Ft.Wayne,
that is just wonderful..its over an hour ride here but well worth
it.. We went there one Saturday, my ex, David, and Shirley
and Stan.. We enjoyed a great dinner..and when we went to
leave and walked out side, It had SNOWED.. We climbed in
to the car and as we went down the road it steadily got worse
and worse..till it was almost a white out.. How Stanley could
see I have NO idea.. He knew the road I guess.. I was scared,
all I looked at was the floor of the car... Every time I did look
up all I saw was white.. My sis was in back with me and she
was doing the same thing.. We looked at each other and just
looked back down again.. By the time we got home Shirley
and I were both nervous wrecks.. Winter driving is so un
predictable.. Stan is a good driver really, he has scared me
many many times how he does things on the road..and he is
NOT a SLOW driver either.. He never gets a ticket tho. Why. I
have NO idea.. He scares me driving tho..we laugh about it..
When he got his pilots license he wanted to take me for a
ride in their plane.. I was nice and politely told him.. "Stanley,
I love you dearly, but you scare the hell out Of me on the road,
do you think I will get up in a plane with you?" I never took that
plane ride either.. :-)

It is raining to day and boy do I know it.. My stumps are behaving
badly today.. They woke up very unhappy..My right one this time..
She is just very mean to me ..shes achey and twitching..and
is sound asleep.. I have been wiggling and turning and trying to
find a good way to sit to shut her up and she wont listen :-) I know
its the rain.. Then after the rain is SNOW!.. I love winter.. I don't go
out in this stuff but it STILL affects me.. just seeps through the walls.

I got confirmation yesterday that I can get help with my heating bill..
and there is Still some left over if I need help again. That will be such
a relief..some thing less to worry about, and I sure need that. I didn't
hear from VP.. so hopefully I will on Monday.. I had to call my cable,
as my TV is just not coming in at all.. I am hoping its not my TV set,
its old.. and was damaged before I got it.. I hope that it is NOT that.
I have been hearing that we will have to replace the tvs we have that
soon they wont work or something... or get cable.. I hope that's not
so.. I don't want to have to get a new TV.. Between my cats..and
my computer..my TV is my only company.. I turn it on sometimes
just to listen.. I cant see it from my desk here but I hear it.. Its So quiet
in here all the time only sound is from my computer. Its nice to hear
talking.. I miss eating in front of my tv..was a good dinner companion..
cant take the place of a person but next best.. :-) The cable guy will be
here Wednesday, noon to 3. I was hoping today.. and I HOPE I wont
have to pay for a service call. that would be iccky...be nice to see all
the channels I want to watch.. I love the travel channel..:-)

Well im going to get out of this chair for today and go and work on the
baby afghan im knitting..its going to be so pretty. Im anxious to get it
done. If I work on it every night for a while wont take long.. I just have
to keep my hand off my clicker so I don't hit that eyes shut button :-)
gets me every time, so its time for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, , and THANKS!!! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I'm SO glad your Sis spoils you - if anyone deserves it, you do.
    You ALWAYS dress to KILL!!!! you look absolutely super in that outfit. I don't believe I've ever seen you looking anything but band-box great. And thank you SO much for the pictures. Take care, Honey.
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Lois you do look great, but you always look so very nice and all dressed up.
    It was so wonderful your sister got to visit with you again...I see my sister twice a year and it always so wonderful to see her and catch up on thing.
    My brother james is in the hopital right now, his heart is giving him a little problem again.
    The weather is better today, it is 44F right now.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    Yes, she does. We are so much alike in what we like its scarey. Shes a good sister, she has stuck with me all through this..

    Im glad you like the outfit, I like to look nice, I may not go anywhere but I like to see myself looking good..makes ME feel good...

    Hiya Mary~!~ :-)
    Thanks Kiddo..how nice of you to say... I hope James gets better.. Shirley tries to get up here at least once a month..She stays busy, Stanley is enough to keep ANYONE busy LOL...

    Our snow left, came back and now the sun is out..crazy weather..about 32 or so..more snow coming they say..

    So nice to hear from y'all hope your having a good day:-)
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker