ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, February 29, 2008

~This Is An Extra Day~

Today is really not here you know.. :-) this is an extra day ..so
does it really count? :-) We woke up to more SNOW! And, It
was another wonderful night of horns blowing outside..The
strikers stayed again all night.. I have not had any time when the
horns are not blowing outside, for 3 days now.. Its getting very
old.. Then.. As I watched the snow come down and the roads
look worse and worse, I thought to myself.. "I should call Penny
and tell her to wait since it is so bad out, see if it lets up". Well,
I didn't call her.. A few minutes after 9 my phone rang.. It was
Penny, very upset and in tears.. Apparently she went out and
fell by her car.. She caught herself..but thinks she sprained her
wrist or broke it ... It had swollen and was VERY painful.. I asked
her if she could still move her fingers, which she said she could.
So perhaps its not broken.. But if its sprained, to me, they hurt
more and take longer to heal than a break.. Ive done both to my
right ankle.. So I am waiting still to hear what is what, I told her
that perhaps she should either call her sister to come and take
her to the ER or to call 911... Shes by herself, so she needed to
get hold of someone that can do something, which I couldn't do
much.. So then....

While I am sitting here after all this .. I start to hear these little
squeaks... every so often.. I listen.. and It sounds like one of my
smoke detectors.. I look at LB, cuz he HOWLS when those things
go off, he hates them so bad.. I think hurts their ears.. Well he sort
of looked at the bathroom.. Im looking all over to see if I see any
smoke .. which of course I didn't.. and I didn't smell anything.. well
me, but I smell good..so I go into the bathroom.. and look UP at
the smoke detector that's up on the wall by the TOP of the door...
I hear the squeaks.. So I sit for a while.. and think.."ok..Friday, I
can listen to this all week end, or should I call someone", I sure
couldn't reach it..unless I knock the whole thing off the wall with
the broom, which I cant get to anyway, its hanging in the stair
well going down to the basement.. :-( so what do I do? ....

I rolled out to my desk, and I called Chris, and he even answered!
Usually I get his answering machine.. I asked him what he thought,
and he assured me It was just telling me the batteries are low.. He
asked if anyone was coming by that could replace them, which, I
told him, "no, I don't expect anyone till Monday".. So he said he
had some business over this way and would come by and put new
batteries in it.. I hope he does.. Between the car horns and this
squeakin smoke detector I HAVE A HEADACHE!!! :-).. I heard
some noise outside and I looked..and someone was out there
shoveling the sidewalk in front of the house..they had pulled in my
driveway and shoveled along side the street and in front.. I have
NO idea who it was.. I couldn't see good enough.. and they were
going so fast and had their back to the house.. I didn't see them
leave either. .I don't even know whose shovel ! Mine, Penny keeps
in the garage so when she comes if she has to she can shovel her
way in.. . .

I talked to Rebecca yesterday and she gave me a bit of news I
really didn't like..said that she wasn't sure if my grant would cover
if I had a 2 bedroom house.. Which to me, doesn't make sense, I
don't see how they can say anything about that.. They can about
the rent.. But when I rented from HUD, I had a 2 bedroom.. What
If I needed a full time caregiver.. I think she is mistaken.. and I asked
her to check for sure before I did any more sort of planning.. When
I talked to Chris I told him I wanted to talk to him about perhaps he
might have another place that would be bigger.. So I hope he comes
and we can talk.. I will, however, tell him..If I do move into another
one of his houses that Donnie will check it out first..and Keystone..
so it had better be up to par.. Even Donnie said that HE would
check out the next place I move into first.. which I am glad he will..
But if Rebecca is right, I may as well just make do with this house,
and just stay here rather than just move to another 1 bedroom I
would gain nothing but the stress from moving .. Well unless it
was a HUGE 1 bedroom house and ground level.. I can make do
with this place, a little elbow grease and add a few new things I
could stick it out here...Maybe Extreme Home Makeovers will
help me :-) Is that wishful thinking or what ? :-)

Its time to work on the babyboy afghan.. Its looking so nice..
I did get the smoke thingie fixed, I had the lunch girl take the battery
out.. however, when she left..she didn't close the outside door to the
porch, its windy and NOW my door is out there banging.. I put a note
on this inside door to PLEASE make sure the Screen door is closed
when you leave." The mailman is my only hope till Monday, unless I call
someone to come and close it, so I sure hope he does.. Well time for a
snack and time to knit.TV too and I will NOT put any yarn on the floor..
I think Im glad this month is over..made us all have an extra day.. didn't
really help to have this extra one..but well I made it through it that's the
main thing..This GORGEOUS WEEBLE bids you "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? Love ya ! and THANKS !
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Poor Penny, poor you. Penny is such a good hearted lass, I'm SO sorry she's hurt herself. But it means no support for you 'til she gets better and that's not good.
    You seem to be suffering from a lack of joined-up thinking on the part of the various organizations that you have to deal with. We have this problem over here, from our Prime Minister on down. Not one of them is capable of using their brains - it's all crisis management.
    We've got a very wet, windy night here. Not a sign of snow, I'm glad to say, but lots of daffodils popping out. The Spring flowers are really starting to get going, now. March really is coming in like a lion, so I guess when April arrives, it will come in like a lamb!! (Ye Olde Englishe Proverbe!!!)
    Take care, Honey,
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    So sorry to hear about Penny, hope she is better real soon.
    Today is my oldest son Birthday, he is 44....yep a leap year baby...
    I work for Becky tonight, 8 hours and getting ready for bed now....
    Have a good weekend Lois and God bless you too.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Sorry to disagree with Mary, but this was her son's eleventh birthday!!
    Those lucky people born on 29th. February are forever younger than the rest of us!! ;o)
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    from what you write, I think you still get hard winters in michigan. it has been so mild here this winter - it could have been worse. we only had about 4 inches (100mm) of snow so far. soon it will be time to plant the cold weather crops like spinach.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    Penny said it wasnt broken just sprained..she was sposted to come by today but I havent seen her.. So I dont know what the deal is..

    I have to deal with so many different places that its pitiful.. If they had 1 central place sure would save alot of energy..:-)

    Hi Mary,
    Hope your having a good week end. Its been nice and sunny here but we still have alot of snow on the ground..

    Hi Momar,
    Yes, we have some bad stuff but not like it used to be.. was worse..so we dont complain too much .. :-)

    So nice to hear from you :-) hope your having a good week end..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker