ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, March 24, 2008

~New Lazer Already~


A while back Penny picked up a lazer, one of those red
light thingies.. for the boys to play with.. I think she got it
for valentines day.. We have played with it so much we have
gone thru the batteries already.. Penny paid Five dollars for
it.. She went to find out how much new batteries were..5.00
for ONE! meant.. 10.oo for batteries.. Well..we just bought a
new one..that came with 3 Batteries ..one is a spare I guess,
I tried to put all 3 in ..but the thing wouldn't close and I got to
looking inside and there was one already in it..but it didn't say
that on the package.. This new one has different kinds of spots.,
well one is a star, one a mouse..and of course the DOT..Little
Boy even chases it.. which is good, he needs the exercise..the
kid..well he steady goes..so this is extra for him but when LB
chases the lazer Dutch gets SO MAD.. he hates to share.. A
couple times they have both run after it and ran into each other,
jump back and SLAP each other.. And the fight is on.. . .

Both the boys have marks on them where they have bitten each
other.. LB has a spot on his chin..and Dutch has one on the back
of his neck.. They fight really bad sometimes.. I have to break
them up.. Then other times they lick and hold and rub all over each
other that sometimes I worry if they arent gay or something..which..
I don't care but they are a pair let me tell you.. I have NEVER had
2 cats like these 2.. and I have had them since I was a little girl..

I was only allowed to have cats OUTSIDE..they were never let in
to the house.. they would sleep under the porch and I would keep
a special box and food for them .. At the end of summer..it seemed
the cats always ran away.. that's what I was told anyway.. when they
were given to either my Uncle for his barn or to Pedo's grocery store
where I usually got them from in the first place.. I didn't know this for
years that my mom gave them back at the end of summer .. I know
I enjoyed them..


The people that lived next door were very nice.. Mr. Budzak was the
mans name.. what I called them Mr. and Mrs.. I don't even know their
first names.. I know they had a daughter Gladys..she worked jig saw
puzzles out in the garage every day and If I was out I always said Hi
to her.. I think she had CP.. as she walked like she was partially
paralyzed.. One day I had gone out to look for my cat..and Mr Budzak
was backing his car out of his garage so Gladys could go in there..
When he did I heard Gladys yell.."the KITTY!!" and before I knew it
Mr. Budzak had run over my kitty.. I was so Upset.. I remember the
look on his face as he looked at me in tears, that poor man was so
upset too.. He went over and gently picked the cat up..and found a
box to put it in.. and then went and told my dad what he had done..

Dad came out of the garage kinda fast and looked at me standing
there holding the box with my kittie in it.. just sobbing.. he came up
to me.. and told me it was an accident and that Mr. Budzak didn't
mean to run over my cat.. which I knew that.. but I still cried.. Dad
took the box.. and took me by the hand.. we slowly walked over to
the porch and from underneath dad got a shovel.. we went to moms
flower bed.. where there was a beautiful rose bush.. He started to
dig a hole next to it.. when it was deep enough he gently put the
box with my kittie in it.. and slowly put the dirt over the box to fill
the hole.. as he did this he told me.." Lois..when you miss your
kittie.. come and look at the beautiful roses that are keeping her
company, she isnt alone".. I felt better when I saw the lovely
yellow roses all over the bush that was by my kitties grave..Dad
took me by the hand and we walked back to the back yard, I
felt better.. Yellow roses are still my very favorite rose... :-)

Well we are clean and the kids are happy.. I havent really done
a lot today.. I did call about the Dr but havent heard back.. I
talked to Christie..and no one seems to know what theyre doing..
just like before.. So I started my old routine I did before when my
stump was so infected..Hot water and soap.. I hope this will do
the trick.. It gets so dry and cracks and bleeds and my poor
thumb is so sore.. I did this twice today already and it seems to
feel better.. Christie said that I may not be able to get in to see
this skin Dr till May.. So I have to do something.. I hope this works..
it did for my stump..so hopefully it will... A month is a long time..
they still as of today havent made any appointment.. so I lost
3 weeks of waiting because they havent.. I asked Christie to
call me at least by noon.. well as of this post, she still has yet to
call me.. So.. I don't know what else to do.. Ive called everyone I
can.. and from what Christie said , Julie still hasnt called the skin
Dr which Jessica said she had..so someone is fibbin.. Its the
girls at that drs office..same as before..giving me a hard time..
Well wont work this time.. This could have serious repercussions
specially if it damages my thumb or I lose it.. I have photos of the
whole time.. this is since November that I told my Dr. about it..so..
hopefully until I CAN see this Dr.. the old soap and water will help
stop it from spreading at least..

Now- Im spreading my self out on my bed as soon as I roll in there.
Been a long day today.. and Im ready to get out of this chair.. I
didn't sleep well at all last night because I knew was Monday and
I would have to make phone calls..which I did.. but sure made for
a restless sleep..too much on my mind.. I have some great lemon
cake out there and I plan to have a slice of it.. Oh.. I did NOT get
any of the marshmallows.. :-) well..they had these mini cups of
mint..caramel and peanut butter on sale.. I bought them for the
kids :-) ok .. to SHARE with them :-) I wont eat them all :-) maybe.
Time for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya.. and THANKS !!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    What a wonderfully WISE man your Dad was. What he said and did in those tragic circumstances was absolutely right.
    Try the lavender and tea tree oils on your hand. Tea tree is three times as strong a disinfectant as the most powerful ones they use in hospitals, so my daughter tells me, Used three or four drops to a quart of warm water, it can't do any harm and may do a great deal of good. (With or without the lavender at the same dilution)
    Lavender is a great healer, and is one of the few essential oils that can be used straight out of the bottle. A drop or two rubbed on the temples can help cure a head ache, too.
    Take care, Honey,
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    All I done today is run, and it nice I didn't have to work tonight.
    I was able to go to a diabetic meeting tonight, they are having one every 4th Monday...just found out about it last week...that should help me out a lot I think.
    Your dad was a very wise man, you are so blessed my friend.
    And it great to know Lavender is a great healer too...my daughter in law is having headache so I will let her know.
    Patsy hoping she will be able to drive again this coming Wednesday after seeing her doctor, she get her snitches out then...I do all the taking her places...so it will be nice to have her driving again.
    Nice your cat have away of exercising with the lazer and it the fun way.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    He was a good man, very wise and kind.. I will try it.. theyre so dry and ickky.. I have to do something..

    Hi Mary,
    So nice to hear from you.. Yes I bet Patsy will be glad too.. Its hard on both of you ... Just make sure you dont over do... watch that sugar.. My sis and 1 brother are diabetic..Kenny & I have the PVD..interesting...

    Hope you had a good day :-)
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker