ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, June 19, 2008

~Fun Day~

Well today was a real fun day..Guess who got to enjoy a
phone call from me?? well HEWLETT PACKARD of course.
the people that made my new computer AND my 3 in 1
scanner..Guess what? This new computer has VISTA on it.
and my HP scanner will not load into my HP computer
because of VISTA!!!..I spent 3 hours on the phone this
morning.. I talked to 7..as in SEVEN people, most in India,
that had NO idea what I was talking about because that
problem wasn't programmed into their keyboards.. Well, I
talked to Anna first, in India..then I talked to Kevin in
New York, then to a girl I didn't get her name..then there
was Harsha and Sother...and another I didn't get the name.
I have no problem with where people are from..but I have
a very hard time understanding these techs they have in
India..its probly a problem with my ears..Two of these
techs said I would have to pay $35.oo to get a cd to load
my scanner.. I went totally ballistic.. I will take this computer
back before I will pay to down load a HP Scanner into a
HP computer all because they put this crappy Vista in it?
No.. I told them I will take this back first..

Well finally I reached a man..that KNEW what he was talking
about and told me just exactly what to do and ALL online and
ALL for free..I do NOT understand how all these people I
talked to had different solutions and some had NONE! One
guy told me to just buy a new scanner!! hows that for good
business!! I was SO mad by the time I got to the guy that
finally helped me I was ready to throw both this computer
AND scanner out in the street!! I hope HEWLETT PACKARD
has a crawler so they can pick up on this flame about them,
just like COMCAST did..This is crap as far as I'm concerned
what all I had to go thru..Then as mad as I was I didn't look
at the time and I hear a knock and there is Theresa..she got
to see a mean me.. :-)

I told Theresa what happened as I havent seen her since all
this computer crap happened..So I filled her in and showed
this new puter to her, she has XP... She heard the last part
of my conversation so I had to explain..but she agreed it
wasn't right .. She informed me she has a new kittie and I
saw a picture of it she had on her cell phone..Its so cute,
makes me want a baby kittie..Dutch would go insane if I
did and LB I don't think he could go thru another baby if
it was another one like Dutch..Its name is Abby and shes
a little long haired Tiger... Theresa is really enjoying this
kittie..she missed hers so much... We talked about every
thing, she listens to all my gripes..I told her what I have been
told lately about inspiring others...she agreed as she said
I did her too...I explained to her that I don't see that I do
that..she explained that its because it comes so naturally
to me to be a helper...that I don't notice... I tried to tell
her its just that I'm bossy and like to tell people what to
do ! She laughed.. :-)

So, after Theresa left, my phone rang and it was Rebecca,
she was out in my driveway and wanted to stop in for a
minute ! I asked why she didn't just come to the door, she
said she knows I like to be forewarned..door knocks really
do scare me If I'm not expecting anyone...She promised to
bring her son Taylor to meet me..Hes been having trouble
with allergies lately..Shes a good worker and so very nice.
She didn't stay long as she still had another client to see..

So after everyone left.. I ran the install that I downloaded
from the HP site..and believe me I was holding my breath..
It seemed to take for ever to load..but as I write this I now
have my printer re connected.. I was going to try to install
my web cam but after this with HP I will wait until tomorrow
today has been exciting enough for one day.. I don't need
anymore crap...although the ladies coming by wasn't crap,,
that was nice... Computers are such a wonderful thing why
do they have to make us NUTZ??? :-)

I didn't have any lunch today as it was ...well YOU name it..
I have NO idea what it was..I'm not real hungry so I may
just make a PB & J sandwich.. Sounds good.. I'm ready to
get out of this chair..my patootie butt is telling me to HURRY
so Its time for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "nitey nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend"
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
until I write again .....

2 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois it sound like you had a busy day...yes computer can be a big pain too...but we love them because of all the wonderful friends we have on them.
    Bob still is real sick, I know he won't be going to the family reunion Saturday and Pam not able to go either.
    Sure make it hard right now with him being so sick...
    I got two room of the church cleaned today, Friday I will have some help to get the rest of the church cleaned. I sure miss Bob not being able to help, he is a good worker.
    Now Friday and Saturday I might miss coming here...my family will start arriving Friday night and Saturday night we all visit very late. It will be so good to see them again.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    For someone never gets out I have my share of busy..Today was quiet tho..only 1 mess and only Penny came by today.. I hope Bob gets better..have you checked about getting some veggies to make juice to help? it works you know... I will miss you if you dont come by but I do hope you have a good time.. You will enjoy seeing everyone.. I hope you have a great week end my friend you deserve it Mary.. :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, LOis ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker