ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, June 09, 2008

~My Poor Ear~ :-(

Well I bet I called a dozen places today and got the
run around and didn't get anything accomplished..I
tried to call the SS office and they said the wait time
was 20 minutes..so you KNOW I waited yes? HELL
no I didn't.. I will call back the end of the week..I
don't think there is a good time to call those people..
But I sure have to get this straightened out... I called
a couple repair places for puters too but got the same
thing.. leave a message..There isnt even a puter repair
place in this town the closest is in a town over 20 miles
away in Sturgis..Tomorrow more calls on this and on
the social security stuff..My ear is gonna fall off..

So..to continue the drama.. When Penny went to get the
food box they give out the first of the month from CAA,
the Community Action Agency..and my card had expired..
I called the office and Nonni said she would send the form.
I have been on this program for 7 years now.. Well this
form she sent.. asked for my picture ID, my social security
card, my medicaid card and proof of income.. ALL this to
get a 20 dollar box of rice and soup and veggies oh and
cheese too.. I refused to send my important papers thru
the mail..and I am not going there.. I asked why they did
not use the info in my file they already had? She said its
the state , the govt..these are their rules.. Well for 4 cans
of veggies a pkg of spaghetti, rice and a hunk of cheese,
oh and juice.. I am not going thru this crap...and they can
keep their stuff... I'm not having Penny drive all the way
to their office with this info with the cost of gas like it is...
I asked if I could scan them and send via email..well you
KNOW the answer to that.. NO! that would be the easy
way and they sure don't make it easy on us.. Then this
girl.. Nancy was her name.. says "I don't mean to give
you a hard time but these are the rules".. If I was a brand
new client be different but after 7 years? I didn't have to
do this any other renewal time.. Their boss must be around
or something making sure they do right..Well I am NOT
playing with them anymore.. I have some right to privacy
what does my medicaid card have to do with getting food?
Income and ID, yes.. but I think they go to extreme.. I told
Nancy I was gonna write this gripe in here tonite so I hope
she comes and reads it.. She can have that box that was
for me.. I hope she enjoys it... :-)

Well I am waiting for the boy to get off work and then he
will phone and we will figure out a plan of attack.. If I
can get at least ONE thing accomplished today I would be
so happy.. I get so discouraged sometimes..things go
along so good then all of a sudden I'm knocked back 10
steps.. It sure isnt easy.. but I'm doin it..cant quit now
after all this time can I? Time to relax give my ear a rest
and have a snack..first my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend",
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again ....

5 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now you see why I try not to talk much on the phone. I either am waiting or talking to a R.O.B.O.T. (Karol Kapek sp?) I saw his war of the Newts (an opera about how cute the N.A.Z.I.s were in 1938. I do not like to deal with bureaucracies.

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes it hard to meet all the rules the state have or our government has, but if you want those thing you have to play by there rules...and I hate paper work so much but to get what my special children need I do the paper work. sometimes it next to a nerves breakdown for me to get it all done. It just the price you pay to get that help.
    Because of the rain I got to stay home all day...so my home got rearrange and I had been wanting to do it for a long time. Still working on cleaning out a few thing I don't need.
    That gas keep on going up, and I need to fill up again.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Yes bureaucrats are the same the world over! The system is designed to preclude any sort of independent thought - someone might show initiative - perish the thought!! The Nazis used the same excuses - "I am only obeying orders!" It's enough to make you spit blood, as my Grandad would have said.
    Keep fighting, Hon, and kicking ass! But take care of my Favorite Weeble!
    (I have to carry on making those C.D. shelves for Naomi just now.)
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois,

    How are u. me doing quite good. how are things going on ur side.

    It is sad to hear that you computer crashed the other day.

    Would you please accept my request.

    have a nice day.

    Take care.

    Yashvin

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya!
    Boy, so nice to read this from y'all thanks for coming by.. Making phone calls to these companys can drive you crazy unless you learn the 0 button pushing .. will put you right to a real person lol..

    I got alot done today and Im glad,
    thanks again!!!

    Love N Hugs,
    Always, LOis ****

    ps. Yashvin, I reply but I am gone when you are there and vice versa.. I do reply tho.. :-) nice to hear from you...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker