ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, May 30, 2008

~Meet My Brothers~


I would like you to meet my 2 brothers..They are gonna spit if
they saw this..well its MY photo and MY blog..so I can do what I
want .. yes?? On the left..in the red shirt we have my oldest
brother Kenny..He is the 2nd oldest..MaryJane was the oldest
of the 6 of us..she passed away 3 yrs ago on my birthday..Kenny
was never adopted like the rest of us were..he was sent to one
foster home after another..He had it really rough..He knew our
mother though as she found him or he found her I don't know.
but from what I can gather he and our mother were very close..
She lived in Milwaukee and he lived in Racine..very close..I
got a call a few months ago and Kenny is starting to have some
trouble with his legs.. He had to have a bypass..which I remember
quite well having my self.. Worries me.. Hes a strong active man
and is doing quite well..Hes retired now and lives only a few
miles from my sister and my other brother up there on the right,
that's Frank...

Frank is a year older than me.. He and Kenny and my sister
Shirley all live with in a few miles of each other but sadly they
don't see each other very often...which is sad..we need our
family.. I try to stay in touch with them as often as I can.. Frank
drives semi, has 3 grown children and I think probly about 12
grands by now..His daughter Punky blessed him with 7 or 8
grands I think..Frank is a diabetic..like Shirley..Im not, neither
is Kenny hes like me with PVD..I think they look a lot alike
and I think my sister Shirley looks like them.. I don't know WHO
I look like although Ive been told I do look like our mother but
Kenny said our sister Rose that also passed away is the one
that most resembled her...But those are my 2 brothers..good
men..stinkers at times..but good guys..
I was sitting here yesterday after I posted the blog and I hear this
mower..I look out to see who it was and it was Robert coming to
cut the grass.. I was so glad..it was really getting long! was looking
really shabby..He rides on his mower then goes around the edges
with lawnmower and does the edges..He uses a weed whacker
to trim around the trees and poles..
He had a guy help him yesterday I didn't see him come with him ..
but after I looked at this photo I think it might be the guy that lives
next door on the east side..<>
blow the grass off the sidewalk and I know Robert doesn't have
one.. He had been sick and went to hospital with food poisoning.
said he got it from subway up on main street..yet his wife ate the
same thing and nothing happened so I think maybe it was some
thing else.. I was glad he was better so he could fix my yard...
That bowl the squirrel is eagerly eating out of is full of the sun
flower seads that I had Penny pick up for the animals.. The
squirrels LOVE them.. This squirrel is so funny..he will see us
watching him and he will deliberately turn and look right at us,
then run up the end post on the fence and sit there and twitch
his tail at us.. He acts like hes mad cuz we spied on him.. I
know the rabbit came up to try to eat and that squirrel ran him
off.. I don't think the birds like him too well either..the way he
twitched that tail at us he might be a squirrel with an attitude!!!

I sent Penny to the store today to get a new hose and apparently
that's not the problem..Penny said the pipe is bad or something.
it may need replaced..she said when she turns the hose on it
sprays all over where its connected..she thinks something is bad
cuz it did the same thing when the new hose was connected too.
So hopefully when and IF Donnie comes tomorrow to put in my
AC for me I can have him check it..I don't want a water leak cuz
then my water bill will go sky high and then it may leak into the
base ment and I already get water down there I don't need to
add more!.. If Donnie doesn't come tomorrow I will call Chris,
he will probly send little Kenny and he may not know how to fix
it.. Kenny was sposta come and pick up all the branches out
in the yard for me too and he hasnt.. These guys never keep
their word.. But my morning glories are doing great .. I cant
wait for them to go all over that fence..

Now, Im gonna go eat my lunch that I didn't eat before..its fish
today which I do like but this..I dunno but I will check it out..if
Dutch doesn't eat it when I offer him a taste I know then its not
very good.. and I aint eatin it either !..I got up early too and my
butt is telling me to get out of this chair for a while..So..that
means I have to write my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "nitey nite"!

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!!! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I'm so glad you are in touch with your family again. Have you got room for a family get-together? Maybe in your yard, when the weather is holding fine??
    That hose fitting sounds like it might need a new rubber O-ring. I guess your fittings work differently to ours, but that might be the problem.
    You guys DO love long names for things, don't you? We call a weed whacker a "strimmer" - works with a piece of nylon line that spins around real fast on the end of a shaft.
    Finished both toy boxes to-day. Just have to sand the second one down in the morning, then it's on with the C.D. rack. Hey Ho - always another job. Now, 'er indoors wants me to design and make a Whatnot for the top of the stairs!
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So wonderful to see your brothers Lois. I can't tell if you look like them or not, your check look a like I think.
    My stomach is fine today.
    I got most of Mike thing packed, getting ready for the move Saturday.
    I know it will be hard for him for a while, but in time he will be fine.
    Becky and Pam still want to move back home at times...
    My house will be so nice and quiet without him...and I am ready for the quiet times ahead. I know it will be hard on me too for a while. He is my baby the last one to leave home. I wonder if Bob and I will have anything to talk about without Mike here.
    I think I am about to cry about him moving....well I am crying now.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    I have a huge yard ! Would hold quite a few.. I asked Penny that but she said no..its the faucet itself..I dont understand it so maybe hopefully if Donnie comes over he can look at it.. I hope..always something :-)

    Hi Mary,
    I think its called the empty nest syndrome.. You will rattle around for a while but then you will get into a new routine.. He needs to be on his own they know when its time I think..even tho parents may not lol..

    So Nice to hear from you..hope you had a nice day:-)
    Love N. Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker