ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, May 31, 2008

~Knives~


I was going thru some of my stuff as usual and came across
my little knife collection.. I have some more but couldn't find
them.. These 4 were my dads.. I have another one of his that
the outer part came off..My dad always carried a little knife..
The one he took fishing is the ivory one on the top..his fav
that he carried most of the time is the 2nd one from the top..
They all need to be cleaned really bad and the blades too..
My favorite of my collection is the next one..its brass and
very old
That's the backside of the knife..and the date says 1913. I think
this knife belonged to my ex's grandfather, I cant be sure..when
he packed my things he over looked a lot of things that were his,
but he kept a lot that were mine so I am glad I have this..not
counting the fact I think this knife is beautiful..that's a bull with
one of those Fez hats I think theyre called.. Interesting hey?
Its so pretty and the front says Ismailia Patrol, A.A.O.N.M.S.
Raife and I looked it up online and it was very interesting to read
about it.. I never did follow up even more to see just what this
knife is for..Probly a reward or something I would guess.. I really
should keep digging since its as old as it is.. The camera doesn't
do it justice either..Its very shiney but the blade needs to be
cleaned really bad..

Now, I promised an update on my hands too..so ..you see me
holding the knife..The rash is better..It will seem to be almost gone
some days and then other days it seems to be red again ..like
you see today...But it is better..the left is too I think its below..
This left hand is like the right ..at times it looks almost gone..then
like now..its red..its better and I am sure glad.. And here my
appointment for them is the 5th.. Should I go or not? They stall
people this long I bet they lose a lot of patients , yes? :-) I don't
think I really need to go now..but maybe I should just to find out
exactly what it is.. Bet he doesn't know either tho..oh well..
Now, look in the middle ..see that arrow? its pointing at a ROSE
BUD!!! This rose and the one on the other side are coming in so
nice..And you can see by that bud im gonna be rosey pretty soon
here.. I love roses.. I was taking the picture of that squirrel when I
looked again and saw that rose bud.. I was so pleased..everything
is just growing and blooming so good.. I enjoy it even if I cant get
out there .. I am gonna risk it one day and hopefully Penny can
handle my chair pushing it back up that ramp out front..I tried before
to do it alone and its just too hard.. I would stroke out by the time I
got to the top..The ramp is too steep and every time I moved my
hands to get another grip on my wheel I would roll backwards..Its
like trying to stop on a hill and then go.. has to be just right or you
roll back... Its not easy. I will give it a try tho.. Im not used to my
power chair or I would try taking it outside.. I always use my manual
which I should give my power chair more use..I just can maneuver
so much better and faster than I can in that power chair.. I was
ground level it would be totally different.. Anyway I have flowers :-)


Today went fast.. a friend sent me a site to where you can put jigsaw
puzzles together and LORD~~!!! I LOVE those things.. I cant put one
together now with these cats.. I tried and LB is worse than Dutch when
it comes to puzzles.. He gets right in the middle and lays and rolls
and scoots around till all the pieces are on the floor.. So I went to that
site took me 20 minutes to put that thing together but I had fun.. I am
going right back there too after I post this..If you want the URL let me
know and I can post it in the comments or send it to you in email..its
fun and its easy.. So Im off to play a game.. not before I write my
GORGEOUS WEEBLE " nitey nite".. :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..and THANKS!!! :-)
Always, Lois ****


God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow wonderful pictures Lois!
    I cried for hours last night, I know it a good thing for Mike to move...And we did get everything moved today for him...It did rain all morning, but thing work out anyway for the afternoon move. Then Sunday after we take him for lunch we will take him to he new home...
    My hubby like looking at your knifes.
    We when out for a ice cream today, all Mike did was talk, talk and more talk...he was real hyper today after moving all his thing...
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Your hands are looking MUCH better. That is a great relief to us all, and especially YOU!!!
    As I must have told you, during my National Service, I used to work on Ismailia Airfield, it's in Egypt, in the Suez Canal Zone.
    Don't worry, Mary, they'll be back, soon as they want something. We moved 160 miles away from our two - just takes longer to go visit!! Mind, though they are ten years apart, they both support each other, which is good.
    Take care Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes I bet you did..but you can go and see him anytime..and he will be back trust me ...alot..lol...Im glad Bob liked the knives.. I wish they were in better condition and I have only myself to blame.. Things will be fine for Mike..he seems like a good kid..but all moms worry its the rules...

    Hiya Raife,
    Yes I remember we talked about that knife.. I havent found out anything more about it however.. I wish I could might be very interesting since its so old.. You have 2 great kids Raife, you did well :-)

    So nice to hear from you ..hope you had a nice day today :-)
    Love N' Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker